“Not too shabby”

Ranked #89 of 354 Hotels in Siem Reap
san francisco
“Not too shabby”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We got an amazing deal through Agoda ($17) for the 1 night we were at the hotel.
Room at the top of the stairs, but with no noise problems. Buffet in the morning wasn't the greatest, but served its purpose. I would never recommend eating hotel breakfasts in Asia, but sometimes it's too convenient to pass up.
The hotel let us use a room to shower even after we had checked out (didn't want to get on a plane after 7 hours at Angkor)

Our Tuk Tuk driver was Mr. Kun. He who picked us up at the airport and than was our man for the 2 days. He was great. Super friendly, good english, and unlike most tour people, understood when we told him we wanted local food. Showed us a very "local" place to eat (maybe not the best, but definitely local), and took us for dessert on our way out of town, which was great! You can totally ask for Tuk Tuk drivers by name. So ask for Mr. Kun.

No complaints about the room. Which was big, had good water pressure and temperature, and working non-drippy air conditioning. Oh wait, only complaint was the super hard and thick pillows. But pillows are definitely subjective... I just don't like them so thick and hard. Got some towels and that did the trick.

The hotel is definitely on a less busy street, but closer to the action than a lot of the giant expensive looking hotels.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed April 9, 2012

The Angkor Pearl is one of the friendliest hotel I've ever been. This is my first review here in tripadvisor and I insist on raving about this hotel. The staffs are very accommodating and helpful.

Room Tip: try to avoid the room near the kitchen. it has a very strange odor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Pune, India

All reviews are true.

This hotel is clean, comfortable and the tuk tuk drivers out front offer great days out.

For the prices this hotel charges I have no faults at all.

By no means luxury, but for a few days site seeing and a clean place to stay, walking distance to everything, look no further.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
bristol
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Stayed only a night at this hotel on way back from Phnom Penh. Service was excellent and they organised a tuk tuk to the airport for me the next morning at the break of dawn. The room was comfortable and very reasonably priced. Would definitely come here again. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Philippines
Reviewed April 9, 2012

The value for money is unbelievable in Angkor Pearl. We got the standard room for only $10 per night and were surprised at the number of amenities and complimentary items provided. There was also buffet breakfast, which is what you'll need for intense temple hopping. The staff were also very friendly; they even called for a taxi going back to Poi Pet/the border. The best thing about the hotel was their affiliated tuk-tuk drivers who could almost replace tour guides. Ask for Mr. Thean as he definitely knows a lot of history about each site and speaks good English. He'll also volunteer to take you to places outside Angkor.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Toronto
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I was responsible for organizing my parents trip as I had already been to Siem Reap. I was looking for decent hotel for a good price as they were traveling for a few months over Asia. After reading on tripadvisor, Angkor Pearl fit the bill.

My parents found the hotel to be clean and staff to be friendly. It was great value!

I contacted Sam the tuk tuk driver and it was the best decision as he made planning easy! I emailed him to be the driver for my parents but unfortunately he was booked already. But, he organized another driver for them and he was great too.

Sam was so quick in responding to my emails and very helpful. He organized a tour guide and itinerary for my parents and they enjoyed it very much. He really took care of everything.

For peace of mind, I would recommend booking with Sam. He even emailed me to let me know my parents made it to Siem Reap and were safe at their hotel and when they left for the airport. Considering he wasn't their driver, I really appreciate him notifying me.

Overall, I would recommend a stay here especially for the amazing price and experience.

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Beppu, Japan
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a couple of days during my Indochina trip last month.
The room was incredibly spacious, comfortable and they managed to keep it clean everyday.
Since I was travelling alone, I just wanted a place to stay near the tourist spot and this hotel offers what I need with their best service.
The staffs were so helpful and they provided me with the useful information.
I wasn't expect too much when I booked this hotel but their service was beyond expectation and I will definitely stay here again if I had change to visit this place.

Alioek Judy Ko, Indonesia