“It's nol surprise this hotel won 2011 traveller award”
Review of Angkor Pearl Hotel

Angkor Pearl Hotel
Ranked #89 of 354 Hotels in Siem Reap
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“It's nol surprise this hotel won 2011 traveller award”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I came here with my girlfriend on our first trip to Cambodia to visit Angkor Wat and celebrate our anniversary. Lo and behold, Angkor Pearl was the only hotel to write us back and they offered us a great package with complimentary pick up from the bus station. They've also offered to arrange our booking arrangements as we travel back to Vietnam via Ho Chi Min. This hotel is just like Siem Rep. Great place to be in with great value. We got the apsara suite which is (unlike a lot of other web-marketing hotels ) IS EXACTLY AS GOOD as advertised!

The staff and front desk are very helpful and even the drivers are great! Take Thean or Bon as tuktuk drivers and you'll travel comfortably. Practically, cheaffeur service - they bring the tuktuk around EVERY TIME we were just about to exit the gates of places we visited.

Mr. Theara and the rest of hotel staff are the best.. When we tried to go out for a midnight snack and there were no more tuktuks available on the road, they made sure we had a way to get around - providing me and my girlfriend an unforgettable experience in Cambodia! (Driving a scooter/motorbike around the city was incredible!).

These guys certainly care about their guest and they made us feel quite at home. So much so - that we're staying an extra day just because we loved the hotel. .

We also got a personal email prior to arrival and a personal letter from the owner and the managing director welcoming us as soon as we arrived.

I can't say enough. It's worth the long travel and the back-aching bus ride to Siem Reap. I'm staying here again when I come back! =)

Room Tip: Some tips though: This hotel has no elevator but its not a difficult to climb Be open & hones...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed November 7, 2011

This is a great place to stay if you're on a budget. My boyfriend and I stayed in their Apsara Room (Mini Suite) for 4 nights. The beds are nice and comfortable and the room is pretty big. It has the typical bathroom with tub, King sized bed, with Duvet cover and 4 big pillows, a lounge area with 2 seater and single seater couch and coffee table.Not bad for USD 30/night. The Only thing I didn't really like were the pillows. They where a bit to hard and high for me but my boyfriend really liked it so i guess its just a case of preference. The aircon is cold, You get free wifi in the room which is great, Free coffee, tea and water in the room (Instant coffee though).

Really great staff too :) Very helpful in recommending places to go and will go out of their way to make you feel more comfortable. One of the front desk staff, Theara let us borrow his motorbike when we couldn't find a tuktuk to go to Pub street at 12:30am and didn't ask us to pay for it. Great guy, really helpful. The owner also found out that we wouldn't be able to go to our originally scheduled plan to watch the boat races in Phnom Penh because it was cancelled due to flooding and gave a a 5 dollar discount for our room( USD 35 down to USD 30.. not bad)

All in all a great place to stay when in Siem Reap.

Will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Cheaper to eat in the Hotel by 1 to 2 dollars (Angkor Pearl Hotel) than to eat outside..limited choi...
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We had two rooms for three night, one for my partner and I and one for my mother. We loved our stay! Staff were always willing to help and give good advise. If ever anything was needed, they were quick at providing us with it. The rooms are a good size, very clean and the hotel is well located. Great value for money! I would stay here again if I return to Siem Reap!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Texas
Reviewed November 6, 2011

This is a perfectly nice hotel. The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. The bathrooms are western style with a separate tub/shower. The hot water was somewhat limited, so no long, hot showers.

The rooms are cleaned every day plus they give you free bottled water. There were lots of English language TV stations. The breakfast was good. I was usually there early, so didn't experience the crowds. Every staff person I encountered was really nice. All the public areas of the hotel (lobby, halls, staircase) are really lovely.

The location isn't great, it's down a side street and is mostly surrounded by other hotels. It's a good 10 minute walk to the old market and the night market. Not normally a problem, but you'll spend the whole walk fending off tuk tuk and moto-taxi drivers, massage parlors, stall owners and restaurant hawkers. I took a tuk tuk to the old market a few times and the ride only takes a few minutes. And, even though I am a single female, I never felt threatened or unsafe walking to/from the hotel at night or any time.

The wi-fi in the rooms is hit and miss. They also have a couple of computers in the lobby with internet access. The ability to print something out would be a nice addition, even for a small fee.

Overall, I'd recommend this hotel. It was a good price ($25/night) for a large room with a refrigerator (though, when you leave with your key, the fridge turns off with everything else), electric kettle and free coffee/tea.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank nonedoneundone
Greeneville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I cannot give a stronger recommendation for this hotel. The staff have gone out of their way to make me feel welcome, and at home. Customer service is obviously stressed to this staff, and they believe in the value of it. I can tell they really enjoy interacting with the guests!

The breakfast is very good. It is not a huge menu, but it is all quite tasty. Free wi-fi is a plus.

The rooms are comfortable and clean, and the air con works well. I have stayed at this hotel twice, and it will now be our "home away from home" when in Siem Reap.

It is an easy walk, or quick tuk-tuk ride to the middle of town.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if stairs are a problem, you should ask for a lower floor.
1 Thank Paul P
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Its my second night at the Angkor Pearl Hotel. After a harrowing bus ride (just cuz it took 14 hours otherwise it was fine) from Ho Chi minh, we finally git greated with smiling faces.

Location: just 5 minutes fro the old market and the strip of restaurants.

Price: absolute value for money

Food: okay who ever sais khemer food {...} was wrong! They share the basics in the / room service. I love Asian fragrant spices so the curry and the beef look lak was lovely. but whats great is that its not thayt expensive but its good. But if you want hot pots you gotta go out for that. Akun "Thank you!" my comoplements to chef Vanna the cook!

Service: another round of "akun" to Theasa and Chantha andthe consierge for the warm welcome and the ips. Sorryif I mispelled you name.

More days to come so I'll let you know how it all pans out...

• Stayed November 2011
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed November 5, 2011

I wish I could give the Angkor Pearl 3.5 stars overall. The Pearl is an outstanding place to stay at the price, but be sure that you do not expect the luxury of the higher priced resorts in Siem Reap. The hotel is on a back street, about a ten minute walk from central Siem Reap. The rooms are lovely and spacious. The staff is friendly, sincere, and works very hard. There were some hiccups at times, though. On arrival, I was informed that they had double booked the Asfara Suite I reserved and intended to give me a less expensive room. They gave me the suite only after I pointed out that I had paid in advance (sorry, later guest). Also, be warned that the WiFi and the hot water are both tempermental in some rooms. The restaurant at the hotel is very good, but gets overwhelmed during breakfast. There is no pool, which I mention because the hotel next door has one, and watching the guests there swimming on a hot day can make you feel very jealous. All-in-all, the Angkor Pearl is exactly what it appears to be, an excellent budget hotel.

• Stayed October 2011