“Sam "Superhero" Tuk Tuk”
Review of Angkor Pearl Hotel

Angkor Pearl Hotel
Ranked #99 of 374 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I would highly recommend Sam the Tuktuk driver should you decide to visit Siem Reap. His English is excellent, and he offers great customised tours around Siem Reap. We went to Siem Reap in its worst season (September), the monsoon season and despite the flooded road, we still managed to enjoy Siem Reap at its best, all thanks to Sam!

The hotel we stayed in was ok, and you could ask for Sam Tuktuk prior to your arrival to Siem Reap.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,452)

Reviewed September 14, 2011

Great value for a 3* hotel. Walking distance to supermarkets and ATMs, and only 2 min tuk tuk (1usd) to bar street.
Only 15 mins by tuk tuk to angkor way, and hotel has it's own tuk tuk drivers they can book for you. We had Sam for 3 days taking us around. He was just fantastic, and speaks perfect English which really helps.
We even extended our original stay we liked it there so much! Only shame is there's no pool to escape the heat in!
Breakfast is pretty basic menu to choose from, but it's all fresh and quite ok.
Staff were all wonderful, and only to happy to help you out.
Just beware, pillows are all very high and hard, so for anyone with smaller neck and shoulders :( not so good. Everything else about the room wad great though, nice and spacious!

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We just came back from 22 days trip in South East Asia. We definitely recommend Angkor Pearl hotel to stay in Siem Reap. Hotel is clean, rooms are big and king size beds are comfortable. Showers, restrooms are clean. The staff were helpful. Hotel is very close to man restaurant area, night market...
Advice night market for shopping...Always negotiate the price..

We had a guide which hotel helped us to find it. His name is Doss Sardun (ddoss41@hotmail.com) and guide for long time in the area. He spend about 3 days with us and I think its the best to have guide in the area. We learnt a lot from him about Cambodia, families, life, history, temples, Buddhism and so on...

Would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Partly inspired by ‘Eat Pray Love’, the movie starring Julia Roberts – I decided to spend my entire summer vacationing in Cambodia as well as Vietnam. With that in mind, there was no way I was going to eat, pray and love without visiting the charming and quaint town of Siem Reap.

I searched through many different hotels, until I decided upon Angkor Pearl as it was at a great location, great price and the fact that it won The Traveler’s Choice® 2011 award really swayed my decision in choosing Angkor Pearl.

I booked the ‘Pearl Suite’ for my stay and I loved it. It was great value for the price, the room was extremely spacious, comfortable and clean, and the sunset from the room’s balcony/patio was a magnificent site to see. Not to mention the ambiance and décor was both tasteful and contemporary. I felt like I could have permanently stayed there as it had everything I needed; living room space, king size bed, bathroom as well as a balcony that were all separately sectioned from one another.

The staff was also very welcoming and warm. Service was fast. And the food that can be ordered from the Hotel’s restaurant was delicious indeed. Peter the hotel’s owner speaks English and was so helpful trying to accommodate my every need and was very informative about the town, he had amazing hospitality and gave me many tips, advice and suggestion to make my stay the best ever. All the staff speaks English as well. There is also free breakfast included! My favorite was the chicken fried noodles. If you are worried about getting around – worry not as there was always a friendly and knowledgeable Tuk Tuk driver outside the hotel ready to escort, and because of the hotel’s great location; you are less than a 10 minute walk from the Town’s awesome restaurants, bars and markets.

I am definitely recommending Angkor Pearl Hotel to all my friends, family and future Siem Reap visitors. I stayed at various hotels in my travels throughout Cambodia and Vietnam, some I would never go back too unless I was without a choice. Angkor Pearl is indeed befitting of its name, a true gem.

Room Tip: Free wifi, great food at the restaurant and delicious drinks from the bar!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Savonn
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I recently made an Indochina trip, made my way through 5 cities with friends, and I must say of all the hotels we stayed at, this is the best one. The main reason is the price. It's a steal to pay for such a small amount and get treatment you would normally get from higher priced hotels.

The hotel is new, it's very clean, there's free wifi in the rooms, there's also a couple of computers to use at the lobby. The room was spacious, clean and had that classic, you could never go wrong design. The staff is fantastic - very attentive and polite, and the breakfast is superb. You can choose from different sets, I choose the one with rice, but all of them looked appetizing!

The hotel doesn't have a full website yet, it's soon to be up, as during our stay there - a couple of guys were shooting pictures and videos of the hotel and staff for the website they were designing, so now is really a good time to check the hotel out - before it gets too famous, I guess. Haha.

If you choose this hotel, and I think you should, make sure to ask for Sam, the tuktuk driver. When touring the temples, you're going to need a driver, and Sam is a very nice fella, telling us stories about the temples we're visiting - even providing us water bottles and a map of the Angkor complex. He has very good English, and is very polite, unlike other drivers who are just pushy. He even offered to take us to the travel agency where we can buy our bus tickets to Saigon. He is more like a guide, you know - it was a very comforting feeling to have Sam as driver. You may also contact him through Facebook at 'SamTukTuk'.

The was one minor thing though, the housekeeping forgot to put a roll of tissue in the restroom on our first day. No biggie, I just want to be fair to the other hotels, haha, all my reviews get positives and negatives - can't seem to find a negative for the Angkor Pearl! Haha.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank yjgisaac
Reviewed September 1, 2011

The Hotel is located in a very quite street, it is a very good place to rest and recoporate after exploring the temples.

The rooms are large with lovely high ceilings as well as very comfortable king sized beds.

We ate dinners in the Hotels restaurant and would highly recommend it. The food was delicious!

The staff were very helpful and try thier best to accommodate all your needs/requests.

All and all a wonderful place to stay at a very good price.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Great value for money.
Very clean.
Very very friendly and helpful staff.
Would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends