1,479 results
All reviewstuk tuk driverpub streetno liftbudget hotelthe hotel staffstayed here for nightsold marketstay in siem reapbreakfast was includedmrairportcambodiascarfusdmassagelaundry
Reviewed April 22, 2011

From start to finish, my trip in Siem Riep couldn't have been better and I owe it all in part to the friendly, helpful staff at Angkor Pearl. They arranged a tuk tuk driver to pick myself and my friends up from the airport, a glimpse into our authentic Cambodia experience. All the workers were very well versed in English and willing to help at the drop of a hat. Its centralized location made it super easy and accessible to get out and tour Siem Riep. Pub street, where all the bars, nightclubs, and the lively Cambodian market is located, is only minutes away from Angkor Pearl.

The same tuk tuk driver gave us a tour of Angkor Wat at little to no cost. The amenities all worked, the AC blew fresh, cold air, the sheets were crisp and clean and the beds were comfortable. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing. Thank you so much to Angkor Pearl and its staff for making my stay such a memorable one.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank mpg5d
Reviewed April 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights for the Siem Reap leg of our honeymoon. I booked this hotel because of rave reviews I read over here on TripAdvisor. And I must say that I loved every minute of it.

We were picked up from the bus station by our tuktuk driver, Sam, who also worked with the hotel. He was a welcome sight after a 14++ hour bus trip from HCMC (the Phnom Penh to Siem Reap was a hell of a trip, but that's another story). He took our bags and made sure that we were very comfortable, after seeing us looking really tired and weary. It was about 9pm and we told him that we were famished--we said we wanted to eat in the hotel and rest for the rest of the night. So, once inside the hotel, he took the menu from the hotel restaurant and handed it to us. He put our bags up our room and made sure everything was OK. The pick up, btw, was complimentary of the hotel. What a welcome!

The room we had was spacious. We had a big bed, a working table, a TV, a huge clothes cabinet and nice bathroom. We did need to request for a blow dryer, but it was sent up right away after I requested for it. They have a reasonably priced laundry service. I paid 2000 riels to have 2 pairs of pants (a pair of jeans and a pair of cargos) for it.

The Angkor Pearl is about a 10 minute walk from Pub Street. I love the area. I didn't want to book a place on or very near Pub Street. This was after all for our honeymoon, so I wanted peace and quiet by bed time. My husband and I usually walked. But the one time we hired a tuktuk ride, we paid USD1 for a one-way ride. Some tuktuks would ask for USD2, but the trick is to walk away and look for a cheaper ride--the tuktuk driver would usually agree with a USD1 after.

The cons are that there are no telephones in the room, there are no lifts and there is no air conditioning in the corridors. But for USD25, this was such a STEAL!!!! I would highly recommend it.

You can book your tuktuk driver in advance for your temple tour. The hotel recommended Sam Tuktuk (samtuktuk@yahoo.com), so I booked him in advance. Very nice fellow--I highly recommend him, too.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KimSV
Reviewed April 15, 2011

Great central location - Angkor Pearl Hotel is extremely easy to get around too, even if you're completely new or unfamiliar with the city of Siem Reap like i was. Angkor Pearl Hotel is a location that can't be beat, literally down from shopping, salons/spa, restaurants, bars/clubs etc. is just a short walk away from where you wanna be with it's conveniencies to all your surrounding, the sights, sounds, and experiences of the Cambodian cultural itself was fabulous. The room/suites was nicely appointed and the services were commendable. Beds were relatively comfortable. I've stayed at a few other Hotels in Siem Reap and i can honestly say i don't know any other Hotels but "ANGKOR PEARL" that provides a CLEAN allergy-free sensitive pillows and polyfill cotton duvets with covers and sheets-fleece blankets is very much appreciated to have nothing but the best for their guests. No comparison to my stays at other Hotels where sheets are just "dirty with who knows what kinda stains that are on it" so thank you Angkor Pearl for having the best quality of bed comforters. Above all there is Air/Conditioning that blows out actual clean air and not dust like some places ;). The bathroom was also well-supplied and fairly spacious, Oh and there's HOT water for your shower or bath - to me that's a huge plus to have a HOT SHOWER!! I'm also very impressed with how professionally their staffs were, they're so kind, friendly and accommodating while i was there. "Should i also mention that they do speak English - Thank god ;) it was very easy to communicate!! You may be surprise how approachable they can be, which is welcoming every time you step in and out of the Hotel. It's an invigorating exclusive feeling that just makes you feel like you're a preferred "FRIEND" then just a guest, which is nice. Angkor Pearl Hotel was definitely exact to what the website had promised. It was a stylish, luxury, clean, comfort. modern, warming updated Hotel with a touch of it's traditional feel. I was extremely satisfied, one of the best Hotel experiences in Asia I've ever had. Thank you'll for your hospitality, i felt very welcomed staying with you all.. So for all you travelers who's looking for a great, affordable place to stay at while you're in Siem Reap/Cambodia do look up "ANGKOR PEARL HOTEL" you won't be disappointed, i know i wasn't :) but don't just take my word for it, experience it for yourself/families and friends because i do highly recommend this Hotel to anyone. Thanks to the owner and staffs for making my trip as memorable as it was. Very much appreciated.. Thank you all again!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JNOUN
Reviewed April 9, 2011

i stayed for 5 nights there & i just loved it! the room was big & spacious & toilet was clean. location was not bad, not too far away from the night market & pub street. Hotel staff was so friendly, accommodating & attend to your needs. Always smiling & cheerful.

We got this tuktuk driver named Sam. He's so good, friendly, reliable & helpful. He will take us wherever we wanna go. He will wait for us no matter how late we are. He provides cold mineral water & towels for us. If you ever come to Siem reap or Angkor Pearl hotel, do take Sam as your tuktuk driver. He won't disappoint u.. You can contact him through Facebook (Sam Tuktuk).

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2011

I first discovered Angkor Pearl in March 2010. Ever since then, this is the only hotel I will stay at whenever I come to Siem Reap, and the only hotel I recommend to friends. I have stayed here on 4 occasions now, and I have no complaints. Actually, it gets better every time. There are more suites, wider food selection, bigger bar, beautiful decor, and experienced staff. This last time I stayed in the honeymoon suite just to pamper myself. =) It was absolutely gorgeous, spacious, super cozy, and still very affordable! It gets harder to leave every time. Love this place!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends