“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #89 of 342 Hotels in Siem Reap
Australia
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed March 14, 2011

I stayed at the Angkor Pearl Hotel in early March. I really do not have anything bad to say about this Hotel. The price was exceptional, I have stayed in hotels for $200 a night that were no where near as good as the room I had. It was large and very clean. The staff there were all friendly and most spoke very good English. The situation of the hotel was excellent only ten to fifteen minutes to Pub St and Markets. The hotel has four floors and no lift so if you were elderly or had problems climbing stairs please request a room on the first floor. The restaurant was good and very good prices. I booked this hotel through Asian Rooms who had messed up my booking but within ten minutes our Tuk Tuk driver Thean who picked us up at the airport had it sorted out in ten minutes and we ended up with even better rooms that I original booked. I read the reviews on Trip advisor before I booked this hotel; I noted that some people complained about no air conditioning in the hall ways. I wish people would educate themselves about the countries they are visiting. Cambodia pays exorbitant price for there electricity, so if you have to walk a few minutes without air conditioning into your cold room I do not see this to be a problem.
The only I suggestion I would have for the Hotel is to install phones so you can call reception or as with myself the person I was travelling with was on another floor it would have been good to call her room if needed.
I big big thankyou to Thean our Tuk Tuk driver we spent a day with him as he took us to Angkor Watt. He always had a smile on his face spoke good English and made our trip extra special. If you stay at this Hotel please ask for him to take you to any place you would like to go I promise you won’t regret it. So to Peter the Manager, my job in Australia is managing people, let me say that Thean is a true asset to your business.
Caroline Australia

Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Manila Philippines
Reviewed March 12, 2011

I am pleased to stay here..and I believe the hotel's asset relies on polite, courteous staff.

Upon arriving I never thought I will be given some welcome drinks, and some cold towel to beat the heat after a 5 hour car ride from Phnom Penh.

The hotel is also affiliated with the new Angkor Museum and in just a matter of few minutes, the museum staff came to pick us up!

We had a worry free trip of the Angkor Wat, and other temples and everything from car transfers, guide were arranged by the hotel to your liking

The hotel no matter quaint and small it may seem, boasts of very courteous and polite staff. Thank you, and for sure--I will recommend this hotel to friends for a siem reap adventure!

• Stayed March 2011
Yorkshire
Reviewed March 6, 2011

An excellent hotel. Staff very attentive, they couldnt do enough for you. Hotel and Restaurant very good value for money.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Booking and communication via internet was smooth! We stayed only 2 nights for USD $50 for a suite! Big bed, huge room... we did not intend to swim thus the stay was value for money. On the day of arrival, the hotel provided a tuk tuk driver to pick us up from the Airport - complimentary!

Even though check-in was stated only at 2pm, we reached Angkor Pearl as early as 7:30 am. We had breakfast in their small restaurant and our room was ready by 8 am.

The hotel is situated in between some row of shophouses (unlike the grand hotels), but it is totally fine as we were always traveling in a tuk tuk. If we were to travel a single tuk tuk ride from hotel to the bustling Old Market/Night Market, it will take us about few minutes at only USD $1.

Except that the bathtub area was small (even for me, an asian), we were very satisfied with the room. Multiple international TV programs (even korean and Hong Kong shows) are screened, but they have Khmer voiceover. Most of the time we watch Animal Planet, Discovery Channel and Cartoon Network!

Most staff speak basic english, even the security guard was friendly and remembered their guests.

The best experience in the hotel would be massage service after a long day. For only USD $5, you get an hour of traditional khmer full body massage (Must try!), $7 for one and half hour, $10 for two hours! My partner and I did two hours for both nights! The massage ladies were decent, skillful and friendly. On the 2nd night of massage we booked the same ladies again. We thought it was even more worth it than those massage services along the Old Market as ours was held in our hotel room, after our shower and feeling refreshed.

Enough said, this is perfect for us as we were traveling on budget yet we get to stay in the hotel suite with wonderful experience with their staff.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Placentia, California
Reviewed March 1, 2011

We stayed at the Angkor Pearl for two nights with several family members. The rooms were comfortable and the hotel splendidly decorated and the hotel staff were so friendly and helpful! The hotel had great tuk-tuk drivers like Sam who were so helpful, he took us all around Angkor Wat and the surrounding temples, he was so helpful with the children and was a very knowledgeable tour guide! I cannot say enough nice things about the Angkor Pearl and Sam the Tuk-Tuk Driver!! They made our stay in Cambodia most memorable!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2011

We weren't sure about the Angkor Pearl, but it received excellent reviews on Trip Advisor---and boy are we glad we listened!!
The staff are very polite and courteous. The room was very clean. Comfy beds. Hot water and AC! (You don't often get those for under $20)
We also hired a Tuk Tuk through the hotel to take us to the temples. His name is Tien. He's Fantastic!!!! We werent too sure about what we wanted to see, so we let Tien take us where ever he wanted. It was awesome! One day he's hoping to be a tour guide so at each temple, he gave us a run down o it's history. You certainly don't need to hire a tour guide if Tien is your driver!

• Stayed February 2011
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed February 28, 2011

I really enjoyed my trip in siem reap , esp at Angkor pearl hotel , the room is beautitful , clean and staffs are friendly and i just love everything about angkor pearl :)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple