“Liked the bbq, felt rushed through meal”

Cambodian BBQ Restaurant
Ranked #208 of 892 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Asian, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cambodian BBQ provides a cozy and comfortable atmosphere to enjoy the most social dish on the Khmer menu. Phnom Pleung literally translated as "Fire Mountain" is a unique style BBQ centrally positioned on the table so everyone can relish in the hands-on dining experience. You will be spoilt for choice as you select from our variety of fresh meats on offer, such as crocodile, ostrich, chicken, beef or seafood. Cambodian BBQ is the perfect place to discover new sensations and enjoy a memorable moment with family or friends.
San Diego, California
“Liked the bbq, felt rushed through meal”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

In spite of existing sweltering heat, the DIY bbq looked fun, so I went for it. Prices were a little high for the area, but I enjoyed the arrangement of exotic meats. My one major complaint was that the staff was a bit over eager to continue to place meats on my "grill," so I felt like I was in a race to eat instead of being able to pace myself and relax after a day of travel. I am sure they intended to be helpful, but I would have preferred they show me the first couple go-arounds and then let me take it from there. At one point I told them I planned to take a break from cooking the meats and they did pause a bit, but not for long. In any case, in spite of the hurried service and prices, the meal was good and the soup that cooked around the bbq was fabulous.

Visited May 2013
angk0r_w, Director of Sales at Cambodian BBQ Restaurant, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback.

Your comments been took as serious mater and talked in the meeting, and we really appreciated for your valued feedback.
We try our best to improve our service and overall qualities of food.

Best regards
Management team

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
“Overrated restaurant”
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Not sure how they got listed in LP but this was a disappointing restaurant. Food wasn't that tasty and everything was overpriced, especially the beer ($2!). I'd suggest going elsewhere for better BBQ.

• Visited May 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Nice BBQ”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Very unique set of BBQ with Khmer style sause along with exotic meats (such as, crocodile, frog legs, ostrich, kangaroo, etc).. Yummy

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
“Khmer bbq and steamboat experience.”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

The Cambodian BBQ is very much like any other Asian steamboat and sizzling plate-style experience but my husband and I were curious to try it anyway. It comes with a range of meat i.e chicken, beef, pork etc. but requested to keep exotic meats off the menu (i.e crocodile and kangaroo). It was a good meal but we were fascinated with the use of pork fat as a grilling base! The waiters will show you how the BBQ works - which i think is a nice touch for first timers like us. And once your pork fat runs out....they simply replace it!

The service was good. The only downside was the size of our table for two. It was really tight considering we had a sizzling plate in the middle of our table, along with a serving of rice, noodles, meat and vegetables. I kept knocking my chopsticks off the table and had to place our beers on the empty table next to us to make space. If you are dining for two, I recommend you opt for a table for four to give you a more comfortable dining experience.

“Interesting bbq”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

They served a variety of meats. The usual beef, pork, chicken, fish, squid was offered. You can also choose to have kangaroo, crocodile and ostrich. It was a mixture of hotpot and bbq. Great location right in the middle of Pub Street.

Visited April 2013