“i really love this hotel very much”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siem Reap
Sawasdee Angkor Inn
Ranked #390 of 486 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“i really love this hotel very much”
Reviewed December 13, 2010

hotel was way better than expected and stayed on longer.. cambodia seems to be fantastic value as only got a matress in bangkok for same money.. staff are friendly keo is very very helpful and speaks great english.. u want anything, he can get it.. food is good too and rooms very clean.. would def come again..

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed November 21, 2010

I spent several wonderful days in Sawasdee Angkor Inn. The rooms are very clean ( cleaned every day) and nice ( I like very much wood style). The staff is very helpfull and nice. The trip to Angkor Wat was very good organized and the price is resonable. Everythings was realy perfect:-) and I enjoy very much. Sawasdee hotel has also very nice restaurant where you can eat tasty meals. I recomend this lovely hotel everyone who whant have nice stay, family atmosfer and pleasure days in Siem Reap.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed November 14, 2010

I personally prefer 3-4 star hotels, with the occasional splurging on 5-star hotels, but my 3D 2N Siem Reap package included accommodation at the Sawasdee Angkor Inn. I figured I’d stay one night, and if didn’t like it, I could always move to a better hotel. This Inn changed my mind about the budget range as I enjoyed my stay there. I loved the hardwood floor and the well carved solid wood headboard (after I learned to avoid bumping my head on it). The shoes-off policy kept the place clean. I saw a dead cockroach on the floor on my second day – as it was dead, it meant that the place was fumigated. I hate wet bathroom floors so I was not thrilled about having no separator between the shower and the toilet, but the tiles dried quickly. Kao, the duty manager, was very warm and helpful. Some of the guests treated him with suspicion, but it won’t hurt to show some respect for their hard work. It was a short walk to townt, a $2 tuk-tuk or $1 moto ride.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Lismore, Australia
Reviewed October 31, 2010

I arrived at sawasdee angkor inn in the evening thinking that i might only stay for one night howevr,my stay was so pleasant that I stayed for five nights. when I arrived I had an injured leg and was surprised at how helpful and considerate the staff were . I loved my room with balcony and rested with ease, in fact the hotel was so quiet that I slept like a baby . the hotel arranged a temple tour for my self and others. I found the price very reasonable and both tuk tuk driver and tour guide were fabulous. My tour buddies and I had a great and memorable day. the food and service at the hotel restaurent was so delicious that i ate most of my meals there. it was always served promptly and with a smile. the staff were always polite and extremly friendly which was great for me as a solo traveller. all requests were promptly seen to. I found the hotel cleaniness was excellant and my room was beautifully serviced apon request. I read other reviews of people complaining about staff and road and tour, I was very surprised as i found the opposite, yes, the road is not sealed and can be dark, but hey folks, this is cambodia and it's still developing so take it for what it is and enjoy and each smile u give will return a dozen back. I give this hotel full marks and I reccommend it to both solo and group travellers .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Phu Quoc
Reviewed October 31, 2010

Sawasdee Angkor Inn was the nicest hotel we stayed in, in cambodia. The rates are good the rooms were very clean and the staff where very friendly and helpful, we stayed for two weeks and had a great time, i would reccommend it to everyone

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed October 7, 2010

We arrived in Sieam Reap in the evening after a long bus drive. The minute we walked into the hotel we were greeted by a young guy who wanted to help us with our stay in Siem Reap. He told us to take a shower and get installed and then come down to discuss our stay. We weren't really in the mood to do so and really wanted to see the city, but he insisted. So we sat down and it became clear after only a couple of minutes that he really wanted us to take a guided tour with tuktuk driver to see Angkor Wat. Since we were planning to do it by ourselves with a bicycle, we said no. But he kept insisting and lowering the price. After saying no a couple of times he got very nervous and irritated. We ended our discussion, saying it was very nice of him to try and help us, but that we didn't need it. So we rented bicycles somewhere else and had a great time discovering Angkor Wat by bicycle, something he said was impossible and too far. that was really not the case!
After we had our discussion with the 'guide' of the hotel, he was very rude to us. We stayed there for 4 nights and didn't get ANY room service or greetings at all. After the first day we didn't say anything, but after the second day of not getting new towels we asked for roomservice. But they didn't give us roomservice whatsoever, because we wouldn't let us get scammed..
We saw some other travellers who did say yes to a guided tour and they really overpaid, got bad tuktuk drivers who took them somewhere else, had a lot of extra expenses,...
Another reason not to stay at the Sawasdee Angkor Inn is that it is operated by Thai and not Khmer, so your money doesn't stay in Cambodia, where it is well needed, but flows right back to Thailand.
I would NOT recommend this Shining-like place to anyone. Unfriendly and very pushy staff who are only after your money.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank DoreenAngela20

Travelers are raving about these Siem Reap hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2010

I have just come from Siam Reap and was unfortunate to have this accommodation recommended to me via my guesthouse in Bangkok. My friends and I went to Siem Reap for only a short time, solely for the purpose of seeing Angkor Wat. The moment we stepped out of our room, the first morning of our stay, the gentleman from the hotel approached us and asked us if we needed any help in finding a tuk tuk driver and booking any tours etc. Grateful for the assistance, we began to discuss our requirements and ended up paying USD 30 for a tuk tuk driver for the day. Later, we found out that this driver did not speak a word of English, kept wondering off every two minutes and to make matters worse, the going rate for a non-speaking tuk tuk driver was USD10. The hotel/Inn TOTALLY ripped us off.
If you ever stay there, don't book anything through them!!!
Despite this, the food was ok although the room was ridiculously hot. We had one tiny fan in the top corner of the room which wasn't much help to anyone and it was considerably overpriced.
Sadly (despite the amazing Angkor Wat), my impression of Siem Reap wasn't all that great.
Hope you have better luck.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends