“Neat rooms but unfriendly manager!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siem Reap
Sawasdee Angkor Inn
Ranked #390 of 485 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Neat rooms but unfriendly manager!”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights. It's a neat low standard hotel,but the manager is absolutely awful and puts a very bad touch to the hotel. His only concern is to sell overprized tours whenever you pass through the lobby. If you don't book he gets aggressive and loud. It was really nasty!

• Stayed December 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I am still so stressed out about this place and Thai Backpackers who booked my tour.my experience was so similar to the other terrible reviews do not book through TBP. As soon as you arrive before you even have your key the manager is trying to sell you over priced tours. When I refused he was rude and condescending. And threatened me saying remember he books my transport out. I should have taken note because it was also terrible. The hotel itself isn't so bad but for what I paid I could have flown and stayed in a nice place. This is at the edge of town on a dark dusty road, no sidewalks. And about as far from the temples as you can get. I paid so much more than other people and they wanted 3000 baht, $100 for a 2 day tour. I paid $35 elsewhere. My worst travel experience in Asia, Latin America, anywhere. Wish I had just left. I had a much better time when I changed hotels. For one extra night.

Room Tip: They put me on the main floor looking at a wall. Awful
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank cfast517

Travelers are raving about these Siem Reap hotels

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located in a suitable place a short walk from pub street night market and the town centre. The room was nice bed comfty, everything clean and bathroom ok. However the manager has severe anger issues and would bite at you for anything. He was really rude to me when I said I was sick and couldn't get my bus that evening so I would have to stay another night. I also witnessed him conning other travellers into paying more than they should for the tuk tuk and ankor watt temples, he was aggressive towards them despite them being polite and reasonable. They rest of the staff are friendly especially one little guy who sits on the restaurant area everyday. Don't stay if don't have to or you can avoid this man during.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Vaterstetten, Deutschland
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We had booked this hotel through an agency in bangkok and weren't sure what to expect. When we arrived the hotel manager immediatly tried to sell us an extremly overpriced tour through Angkor for 100 $ for two people. He reduced the price to 50 $ very fast, but we still refused as the entrance fee to Angkor was not included. In then end we just hired bikes and explored the temples ourselves.
The room was good, the beds big and comfy. The room was really big, too. The shower was cold though.
At first we thought the location was pretty bad because it located on a dusty road and no sign of the Siem Reap towncentre, butin the end downtown is just a short walk away.

• Stayed December 2013
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Too bad I hadn't read the reviews before going there. One night at the place was part of the package (bought in Bangkok).

Our room was ok, but the aggressive owner can make hell of your holiday time. Harsh, impolite, angry. Refused our breakfast.

We crossed the street to check other places. We entered Jasmine Garden Villa, were greated by kind, smiling staff. Breakfast, wi-fi, welcome snack and many other things included. Plus honest (not rip-off) prices for trips, tuk-tuk, airport.

So instead of getting stress and frustration at Sawasdee, just cross the street, relax and have good holidays.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Agnieszka K
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

we stayed in this hotel during out indochina tour. we book this hotel via travel agent in thailand that did scam to us. first time we planned to stay only 1 night in siam reap but we changed our plan and book this hotel via travel agent in thailand. the value of this hotel is not worthed. before stayed at angkor in we stayed in angkor pearl and we payed almost the same money. which way way better than sawasdee. first time we arrived we straight to front desk to arrange our bus before we check in.
the guy in the front desk which arrange our bus to hochiminh was very very very rude. and for the hotel itself.. we stayed on 1 triple room and 1 double room. the room were below average if its compare with its price. the hotel staff cant speak English fluently. the location is a little bit dunggy and dark, hard to find tuk tuk. it was look unorganized and not neat. I prefer pay more rather than stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013
Poronin, Poland
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

I came there around 7 p.m. by taxi together with other people from Bangkok. It was organized trip by tourist agency. Driver drove us there choosing completly unprepared road. It was completly dark so I souppouse that he wanted to make us scarry - like a place of no wchere. But actually it was close to the city centre wchat I noticed next day.
Wchen we arrived manager (or owner) welcomed us by himself and took us directly to his desk. He told me in a rude way that I didn't booked organized Angkor sightseeing (tuk-tuk and guider) and he told me that I have to pay for it 100$!!! I said that for sure I'll not pay for that. Then he started to be agressive to me. He trayed to persuade me that sth can happen to me if I'll go to visit Angkor by myself. I said no way. Then he said 50$ but I refused and he said in a very rude way: this is your key, go to your room! Wchen I was leaving that hotel it was 7.45 when I ordered breakfast. My agency told me that we'll leave hotel at 8 a.m. I was waiting for my breakfast and at 7.50 he came and told me that bus is waiting for me. I told him that sorry but I have 10 min and I'm waiting for my breakfast in wchich i payed for. He told me in a rude way: if you'll not go right now you'll have to pay for your transport to Bangkok by yourself. He packed me my breakfast away and showed me wchere is the bus. Rest of the people in that hotel were nice and friendly and I liked wery much wooden furnitures and floor. But I don't pretend shiny future for that place if that guy will be still there...

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo