“A truly inspiring evening”
Review of Beatocello Concert

Beatocello Concert
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1,723 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 834 helpful votes
“A truly inspiring evening”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Our second time around. It is truly inspirational to be able to enjoy an evening of music performed by someone like Dr Richner who has untiringly done so much for this country. Highly entertaining in his talk and music. Donations are the lifeline for this massive project kept afloat all these years by his untiring energy. Makes us wonder what we have done with our lives so far. A truly inspiring evening.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
sydney
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Another great evening”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

This is the second year I have attended the concert.

I would highly recommend it as a night out for any visitor, music is lovely but the history lesson is so entertaining as well.

Congratulation to Dr Richter on his unfailing dedication and stubbornness to achieve such a phenomenal success against all the odds.

God help Cambodia if he ever leaves!

Wollongong, Australia
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Lacklustre”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Someone raved to me about this, but having read up on it I somewhat knew what to expect. I completely respect and appreciate his work, but it would have been good not to have the same point about the need for money (and blood) repeated ad nauseum in favour of a little more music. It probably would have made me and others feel more generous to the cause.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank mummakook
Ghent, Belgium
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“what an energy!!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Cello is one of my favorite instruments, certainly when Bach is on the program.

What a surprise to find out that the concert is in fact a fundraising act by the children hospital.

No, the fundraising itself, endlessly explained was boring and could have been done is a way more compact and interesting way. But this being said, I was speechless to hear how the children hospital was created and works!!!!!!!!! So out of my deep respect I'd recommend it certainly to see, it's an eye opener what can be realized in a poor country starting with a dream only....

3 Thank johan d
Bogor
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Made me Wonder What Exactly I am Doing with my Life”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Beatocello's concert was both a beautiful piece of music and a lesson in exactly what comprises a meaningful life. This is a man who has been responsible for saving hundreds of thousands or even millions of lives and yet he is still humble and hardworking.

Highly recommend - please go and see him play.

Visited July 2014