“Didn't Want to Leave!"”

MEN's Resort & Spa - Gay Hotel
Brisbane, Australia
“Didn't Want to Leave!"”
Reviewed July 22, 2010

I stayed at Men's Resort for 3 nights during monsoon season in July. I had been to Siem Reap for the first time eight months earlier and decided to return as part of an Asian holiday in Singapore, Cambodia and Thailand. The Resort is outstanding; a small boutique oasis with a very high level of service and facilities. I am totally happy with every aspect of my stay including the airport pick-up service, welcome cold towel and cool drink, and a orientation to the resort. My room overlooked the pool area and the surrounding hamlets and small farms. The room was smartly furnished and included free wi-fi as well as satellite television and bar fridge. I didn't use the gym but it seems well equipped. The spa facilities were incredibly clean and modern. A enjoyed a massage on my first day in one of specially designed massage rooms.

The best thing of all is the staff. The owners Pierre and Sopheara are friendly and relaxed and always took time to have a chat.They clearly lead their staff well - I have never seen such a happy group of hotel staff in all my travels. The bar and snack bar is fantastic. Breakfast was great.

This resort really deserves the support of gay guys visiting Siem Reap. It is an easy walk into the town but tuk tuk and moto drivers are always available to transport guests. Give this place a go - I am totally confident you will not be disappointed. As a single traveller I felt safe and welcome throughout my stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank MarkLaurence

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
Phnom Penh
Reviewed July 4, 2010

Everything is perfect.
New and clean hotel, modern design but warm atmosphere, friendly and smily staff.
Large sunny swimming pool, busy spa at end afternoon - evening, great cheap cocktails.
Good professional massage too !

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Antoine_Cambodge
doha
Reviewed July 3, 2010

This is a lovely little hotel, it was the first place i stayed in Cambodia and the staff were really helpful and kind and i felt at home instantly. Its well located so you have easy access to both the town for nights out and the temples during the day.

The owners Pierre & Sopheara are very welcoming and make you feel at home instantly, great at giving you information about things to do in the local area. The food and drink on offer at the bar is really good, so you really can just relax by the pool and sip martini's if that's what you fancy and the staff are very attentive.

The gym and salt pool are really good and the spa is immaculately kept, and there always seems to be cute cambodians wondering around the place at night.

Id highly recommend it to anyone!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank euanberry
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 30, 2010

I recently traveled to Siem Reap, Cambodia with my partner, and we stayed at the MEN's Resort and Spa, which is a beautiful spa/hotel close to the center of town. The staff at the hotel were friendly, attentive, and professional, and they took care of every need. The two owners Pierre and Sopheara were warm and welcoming, and whenever we had a question about Siem Reap, touring the temples, restaurants, or even Cambodian history, they were always available to help.
The rooms are immaculate and beautifully appointed, with a spacious walk-in shower with a rainfall shower head. The air-conditioning was strong (important during the summer months in Cambodia) and we always felt comfortable.
The hotel had amazing professional massage therapists, and we had 90-minute massages for $26. Both my partner and I had massages every day that we were in Cambodia, which was perfect after a day of trekking in the temples.
There is also a restaurant bar in the hotel, and the food is excellent, with entrees around $5-6.
This was truly an incredible place to stay, and what made it even more incredible is how inexpensive the entire vacation was. I would expect to pay 5-6 times as much for the room and services in the United States.
I definitely recommend this hotel to gay travelers, and I hope to go back and stay at the MEN's Resort and Spa again.

2 Thank speedracernyc
London
Reviewed June 25, 2010

The resort is simple, classy, modern and just the perfect place to relax after a long, hot day exploring the Temples of Angkor. The staff are very friendly and cute too.
Being a bit of a workout-aholic the gym didnt quite live up to my needs but I am sure this will be upgraded over time. The pool, sauna, jacuzzi etc was perfect.
It is a little way out of town which only adds to the peace and tranquility of the place. Once you have your tuk tuk driver sorted for your stay this is not an issue at all and is actually a plus.
This place is only new but I am certain it will soon become a popular favorite with gay travellers to Siem Reap. I am looking forward to returning on my next visit.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed June 24, 2010

We were met by a driver holding a sign with our names at the bus stand and from the time we identified ourselves to him untill the time we left we felt pampered. At arrival the driver passed us to the staff who were ready and willing to help us get settled as fast as possible. The desk man gave us a tour of the facilities, pointing out the various options we had to entertain ourselves during our stay, and showed us some available rooms (all were beautiful). We settled into the "silver room" a standard room over looking the pool. The room was tastefully decorated, fully functional and styled to our taste. The staff arranged all our guides and tours to perfection. Massage was great after a day at Angkor Wat. Steam or sauna and jacuzzi or pool, what else is needed? Well the passing of local men to the spa while you had a drink or dinner around the pool added to the experience.

2 Thank firenze99
Singapore
Reviewed June 19, 2010

We stayed @ mens resort & spa from 12-15 June 2010. The hotel is a modern n slick with only 10 rooms. Facilities here are great- a lap pool with salt water( a great relief in the afternoon), massage service with good masseurs, gym plus a sauna. Though the resort is abit hidden from the main road, their tuk tuk service is excellent and inexpensive. A memorable experience was their staff sent a tuk2 on their initiative to pick us up from town late at night. Also, their tour guide is very knowlegeable and experienced. We thoroughly enjoyed our short stay and will definitely be back again.

1 Thank XOcouple