“Oasis”

Ranked #11 of 260 Specialty Lodging in Siem Reap
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Oasis”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Amongst the hustle & bustle of Siem Reap this hotel is an oasis. I usually stay in cheap/budget accomodation via hostelbookers but noticed this hotel advertised at $49 for a standard room. Although more expensive than what I usually pay in Thai/Camb/Vietn I decided to go for it and im glad I did as my stay there was perfect. The standard room was large and ultra modern with a wonderful shower. The food was so good I ate at the hotel most of the time. The masseur gave the best massage I have ever had and urge everyone who stays here to use the massage room as you will not be disappointed. The pool was a great way to relax after a days sightseeing & to talk to other guests/locals. It was wonderful to swim under the fountain of water. I met a nice local whilst using the spa and he showed me around Siem Reap the next day. Had a wonderful time. All in all this is close to a 5 star hotel with spacious rooms and first rate facilities. Lying next to the pool you feel totally relaxed and wouldn't think you are in the city. I shall be back again later this year for a longer stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed June 24, 2013

After the bad road to the hotel you will surprised to find this gem a modern stylish designer hotel with great facilities and good service thats the best gay hotel i know and i run one by myself.
thanks will be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank eastsuites
Sydney
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights in March for my first visit to Siem Reap and the amazing & awe inspiring temples of Angkor Wat. I really couldn't find much to fault with this resort - it has a lovely atmosphere, especially the pool and garden areas and always friendly & smiling staff. I booked a 'suite' which was clean, comfortable, spacious and modern. After long and very hot days touring the temples it was so nice and relaxing to lounge by the pool with a nice cold cocktail and cool off in the lovely salt water pool (great for late night dips too after coming back from the bars). As others have mentioned it is off the beaten track with nothing really within easy walking distance - it's really not that far from the Old Market area but the lack of pavements and dusty roadside conditions are really not appealing for walking. I had pre-booked a Tuk Tuk driver only for US$15 per day for my entire trip as I wanted to be free to come and go as I pleased but there were always other Tuk Tuks available outside the hotel so transport really isn't an issue. After dealing with the hecticness of the temples and old market crowds it was actually nice to come back to a peaceful & relaxing environment. Great massage on premises and fun to be had in the 'spa' if that's your thing. Only comment would be that the food options are a bit limited but I mostly ate out for dinner anyway - overall - highly recommended!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank PJ_SYD
PARIS
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We spent a whole week there. The place is very modern design and clean. The huge swimming pool (salt water with cascade) is just amazing, and is surrounded by palm trees and flowers making the impression of a jungle garden. The staff was always smiling and attentive to customers. Pierre and his friend hold this business like a little family where the ambiance is mostly "Bon Enfant". Excursions are organized by them with very good value for the price. They make holidays very convenient. May be the location could be a little far from the center. But it makes it more private and away form the busy streets. Anyway, they have always "tuktuk" waiting at the entrance. In 5 minutes and for 2 USD, you can go anywhere in the city.
It suits for couples as for singles wanting to meet locals as the spa is open to locals and very successful and busy at night.
I am happy to have followed the advice of a good friend who recommended it.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank fifou6775
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Having read all the great reviews on tripadvisor, i was sure that this place was going to be a real gem, however the reality was just the opposite.

The location is about 1,500 metres from the old market area, a reasonably staightforward walk or short tuk-tuk journey - the road outside as others have mentioned is not great, but not indifferent to many other back roads in Cambodia.

Check in was reasonably straight forward, the manager on duty was there to welcome us, however the welcome lacked any warmth - not what i was expecting at all.

The room was the main problem here; i had booked a "suite", which although quite spacious looked and felt dirty. Dust everywhere, previous occumpants wine gums stuck to the couch and 2 pairs of disgusting looking flip-flops (not sure if they had been left there for my use!!).

Furniture was basic, which is not a problem, however it does look dated and scuffed.

Pool area is nice, although there was works going on during my stay which meant it was not easy to chill out without the sounds of banging.

Having totally hated my stay here, i check out after the first night (i was supposed to stay for 4) and moved to Raffles Grand Hotel which was much more suited to my requirements.

When i checked out the manager did ask why i was leaving, although didnt seem too bothered i was going.

I think i learned a valuable lesson staying here - if $70 for a hotel room sounds remarkably cheap then the likelyhood is that this is not the place for you.

2 Thank GLASGOWCHILL
sopheara, General Manager at MEN's Resort & Spa - Gay Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Sir,

we sincerely regret we could not meet your expectations.

we are doing efforts to keep a good service in our hotel, and we're always taking into accounts any complaint to correct what can be.

It is certainly not "dust everywhere" as you pretend since the cleanliness of our place is also what made our good reputation over the years. But after your review we will intensify our attention in order no dust could be found in any corner of a room.

It's true that we didn't ask for much explanation, when full of contempt, you told us that you "totaly hate" our place and you prefer move to the Raffles Grand Hotel, the most luxury hotel in town where the rooms are charged from minimum $250 to over $1,000 per night.

We do not claim to be blameless, and we accept critics when we did any mistakes. Though, how would it be possible for us to compete with a palace when in off-season we charge our most expansive room as low as $70, and our standard room only $49.

we appreciate that you acknowledge that our room rate is "remarkably cheap", even if from you, it sounds like a critic.
Though we promise that if we build an extension we'll have a $1,000 royal suite. :-)

Anyway, we'll continue to welcome all the guests. Those who make a financial effort to have the good quality of our facilities and service, and also those who for a few days prefer the friendly atmosphere of our small boutique resort rather than staying in a luxury palace.

Sopheara You
Managing Director
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 26, 2013

What strikes me is the lounge music and soft lighting surround the pool area. After a long day of trip under the sun and heat, you really want to submerge yourself into caressing salty water that illuminates. Conveniently closed by is a cocktail bar with a dozen of choices. The musics they play is specially arranged lounge type that I like very much. We ask for a playlist before we check out.

Even we are tired from the tour, we wake up around 6 - 7 o'clock in the morning to enjoy the cool air in the orchid garden near to where the breakfast is served. Opposite to when we are at home, our gym time is after breakfast followed by a cold shower before heading to temples.

Dusk is the time you need to make a choice between hitting the local night market or staying in the Resort to meet local young men. 10 minutes of tuk-tuk drive, you are in the middle of hustle and bustle of street foods, pubs, restaurants, massage parlors. Or 10 steps of walk to MEN's jacuzzi and walking maze adjacent to the pool area to make your own discovery. It's getting crowded after 5 and before 9 p.m. on a workday. Oh, by the way, they do offer onsite massage in private rooms. Compared to the well known all-male B&B in Bangkok, this place offers real techniques and do not finish early. For the massage treatment I give score of 100, where the Bangkok one, many of you may know what I refer to, scores 60 only.

Owners and staff are very friendly and helpful. They act almost instantly when there's request. Laundry is returned the same day. Simple breakfast and dinners are available.

We enjoy the stay and think about the next coming-back.

Room Tip: We stayed at Room 6 on the 3rd floor and can barely see the pool unless we walk out of the room. If...
3 Thank Phil Y
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We spent 4 days at Men's in May 2013, the resort was beautiful, tastefully decorated and themed. The service from all staff was exceptional and facilities world class. Pierre runs a friendly and welcoming establishment with someone on hand always to delivery service, advise and all round top quality experience. I will absolutely stay gain when next in beautiful Cambodia.

Room Tip: All the facilities would be suitable for any one needs
1 Thank DougBAU