“a Chic Boutique Hotel en route to the incredible Temples”

MEN's Resort & Spa - Gay Hotel
Reviewed May 23, 2013

As part of a Birthday Extravaganza, we ventured to explore the Incredible Temples of Angkor Wat - and what a joy it was to discover this jewel of a refuge. Beautiful contemporary design, with an open and inviting atmosphere. Pierre and Friends were kind and our stay there was wonderful.

Room Tip: Each Room is Unique and themed to it's own color. We have a thing for Red so opted for that :)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChaeAmando

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We've just spent 3 nights staying at MR. Pierre and the all of the staff made the two of us exceptionally welcome. This hotel is a beautifully tropical and secluded hide away tucked away from the hoards of tourists in Siem Reap. We last visited the city 5 years ago, and in that time it's changed hugely, tourism has taken off in a very big way. This hotel is exactly the type of refreshing and restful retreat you need after a hot day visitng the temples (or many other attractions in the area).
The pool is surrounded by flora with stunning foliage, tropical palms and orchids, a true paradise for a plantsman. If it's your thing, the area around the pool "heats up" in the early evening when the locals can (and frequently do) pay to use the sauna/steam room facilities. It makes for an altogether delightful mix of people; a perfect way to meet and mingle.

The staff are all genuienly friendly and happy to attend to anyone's needs promptly, professionsally and courteously. Despite being very well priced, the food at the bar is sublime. We ate there several times and on each occassion the food was worthy of being served at any of the "up market" local establishments!

One day we hope to return to Siem Reap and when we do, this is where we'll stay.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We were attracted to this place by the info contained on their excellent website and were not in any way disappointed with any aspect of our week's stay with them. We enjoyed being in Siem Reap with all it's attractions but the resort has lasting memories. The helpfulness of management and wonderful staff was greatly appreciated and we cannot wait until we can visit again.
The suites occupied by us were kept scrupulously clean by very unobtrusive staff who seemed happy to serve us well.
A big thankyou to all the lovely people at the Resort who made our stay there so great!

Room Tip: We had the 2 suites at the end of the pool on the 1st. floor and they were so quiet and peaceful
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank matgray
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was my second trip to Siem Reap, and my first at Men Resort. I booked 2 rooms - a suite for myself and a standard for my friend (first time in Siem Reap), and from the initial email contact Pierre was an absolute gem - you could not find a more helpful resort owner : he advised and organised airport pickup; our tour guide; tour itinerary and transport, with all emails answered by return.
My stay was more than perfect, and I haven't relaxed so much in many many years.

Rooms: Spacious, very comfortable beds and sofa in the suite, all with large TV with many international channels, the rooms are cleaned to high standard

Resort: Superb and very relaxing with lots of quiet secluded seating areas; great pool (ideal for cooling down after day of temple tourins);poolside well equipped gym (my friend used, I never do ); excellent massage enjoyed on 2 days; sauna facilities open to the public late afternoon but the resort keeps a very relaxed, calm and zen like atmosphere - it's so relaxing and enjoyable

Staff: From the owner Pierre, to every member of the team they are great ambassadors for the hospitality industry - warm, helpful and very smiley, nothing is too much trouble

Location: In a quiet part of town, but only a couple of minutes to the Centre in a tuk tuk, and there is nearly always one available outside (one evening there wasnt, and the reception called for one which took 2 minutes to arrive). The cost is a mere $2. Believe me , location is no issue at all.

Food and Drinks: again superb and drinks good value...no need for any cash , as you can charge to your room. Breakfast is very pleasant and there is a choice of around 7 different options to suit all tastes

Tours: Superb. Excellent with entertaining but also informative guide

Regret: Wish I had stayed longer

I can wholeheartedly recommend this excellent resort, and thank-you again Pierre

Room Tip: Both standard and suites are good, but the suite ha a balcony, along with tables and chairs overlook...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 15, 2013

If you're like me and heading to Siem Reap, Cambodia for the first time, Men's Resort is a perfect place to START your research.

The owner's are fantastic and the hotel can plan out your entire time in Cambodia from the time you arrive at the airport to the time you depart. Everything I needed was arranged by the resort.

I was picked up at the airport by a driver in an air conditioned car and shuttled to the hotel right away. When I arrived I was greeted with a tasty drink and cool towel. Once checked in, a front desk attendant took me to my room and explained to me all I needed to know about the room.

The rooms are very modern and spacious, but it's the resort grounds I really enjoyed especially at breakfast time. My reservation included breakfast and I went for the fried eggs, bacon, toast, juice, coffee and fruit. By far, I think it's the best thing on the breakfast menu. The coffee is great and the bar attendants make sure you have all you need.

After a long day of touring, the resort is a great place to unwind. Even when the resort opens it's doors to locals, the ambiance doesn't change. It's still peaceful and very enjoyable.

While staying here I also indulged in a 90 minute massage. You never have to worry about having money because all can be charged to the room and settled at check out.

Part of the reason I plan on coming back to Cambodia has to do with my experience here at Men's Resort. They made me feel welcome and at home. Tuk Tuks are usually outside ready to take you to town, if not the front desk can call a car or Tuk Tuk for you... there within minutes.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank JuanStudioCity
Reviewed April 14, 2013

A very good place, even if a little far from downtown. The spa is quite distracting ;-) and the massage parlor is wonderful and very very clean with a staff of very experienced masseurs who really know their job :p.
The rest of the staff is sooooo nice, from the barman to the housekeeper, their are wonderfully kind and keen to help you.
I was there for 4 nights after the visit of Angkor and didn't go out.
A must!

Room Tip: I chose a suite (wonderful and spacious) but the standard rooms are really worth it too. I had a pr...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 12, 2013

every soul flies to Siem Reap for temples, i did one sunrise trip and had enough, everything in Men's is perfect, the rooms, the foods, the people, Pierre was a babe, i only sent an email right before my flight to ask to book a room, nothing was paid, i had in mind, it was not going to happened because i was so late to make a reservation, i was ready to take a taxi in airport and search for place to stay, to my surprise, a driver was welcoming me holding my name on a paper, very well printed and organized, i was overjoyed because Men's made it happened.

Stay were cheap and rooms was to die for, i know this because of my line of work, service was excellent. Yummy foods both local and western are served for breakfast, lunch and dinner, every staff was professional, 5 star quality and wide choices of alcohol, place is clean, just feel so comfy all the time.

Cute local guys, in the evening, activities begins, fun started, come alone or couple, u will be amazed.

Owner very thoughtful charming guy, so sexy and gentlemen.

Rooms are clean everyday, very hygienic stay.

If u come, and you are a men, stay here and be amazed.

Ohlalalala

Caleb

Room Tip: all rooms are unique ;p
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo