“quiet but sophisticated”

Ranked #10 of 268 Specialty Lodging in Siem Reap
MANCHESTER
“quiet but sophisticated”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

stylish monochrome modern rooms overlooking swimming pool. rooms have fridge, tv and safe all en suite. located in quiet area of WAT BO .
poolside cafe/bar with limited menu. has spa facilities with small sauna, small steam room and large jaccusi..( not well attended during my stay)
downside - out of town down dirt track. room lighting low and unsuitable for reading. transport av must to get to/from hotel.

Room Tip: all rooms overlook pool
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ISHKANDER

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Lahti, Finland
Reviewed January 23, 2013

After few minutes bumpy road there is this distinguished hotel with french touch by the architect as well as the master himself.
The small resort can give you everything you need, excellent spa services and excursions, too.
Spacious rooms are quiet and amenities are of high quality.
Gorgeous garden and the most lovely staff keeps everybody treated.
Though the lunch and dinner menus are quite short, food is tasty and fresh.
Respectable is that on the prices there are no 'gay extras'.
Absolutely worth a longer stay.

Room Tip: Suite and not even expensive.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PepiFinland
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I spend 5 nights here. The hotel is modern and clean with many helpful staff. The grounds were beautiful and well maintained. Pierre was always available and helpful with questions. The room was large and bathroom was great. The food menu was small, but you could buy good basic food. The restaurant area of Siem Reap is only a $2 tuk tuk ride away if you want a full range of food.
Pierre organised our transport and tour guide to the temples, and we were very happy with this.
We will return to Siem Reap in the future and will stay there again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Reinor
Melbourne
Reviewed January 8, 2013

When I saw the web site for this hotel, I knew exactly that the hotel geared for gay men. That was very obvious, and as I had never stayed at a hotel like this before, I decided to give it a go. I was not disappointed. My reservation was confirmed within 2 hours of my booking, from Pierre, the manager. On my arrival at SR, the driver was at the airport and everything seemed so efficiently organised. Pierre met me at the reception and took me to my room and explained all about the resort and my room. I had a suite room was was very large, and well equipped with everything you would expect, including a safe, queen size bed, and rain shower.

Although the hotel is not "next" to the main tourist area, tuk tuks are readily available or often in the cooler parts of the day I would walk for or too pub street, which took about 25 minutes.

Breakfast, although a small menu, was more than enough to eat and the pool and surrounding gardens were very well maintained. I had several massages here, and they were 1st class.

All in all, I was very impressed with this hotel & would definately be returning.

Room Tip: Book a car through the hotel to pick you up at airport. It's only $8
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Navy35
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Immediately after booking I received email from the manager regarding my stay, tours etc., which putted very nice, personal touch to my upcoming stay. After landing at Siem Reap airport which is very cute and it takes no time to go thru, driver was already waiting outside with car to transport me to the resort. It takes about 15minutes and towards the end it is a bumpy ride  as the place is bit off the beaten path. But tuk tuk is always waiting outside to take you to the city centre ( 2 USD ). The place itself is looking amazing, so beautiful garden and pool area, with restaurant and bar. Room was spacious, with big bed, safe, free water, free wifi ( which is everywhere) and rain shower in the bathroom. It is very quiet and relaxing place, breakfast is served at the pool and it is nice, but options are quite limited ( 5 options on menu, 4 includes eggs ) so if you staying for longer it gets bit boring. Otherwise the quality of the food served all day long is fantastic and very tasty and affordable. ( around 6 USD/main meal ). Great little oasis after long day spent discovering temples. Tour which was organised by the resort was great too. Very knowledgeable and friendly guide Kay Mien who knows the best angles for photos and best ways how to avoid the crowds. Staff is profesionall and all my requests were always fullfiled, they could improve english language skills tho.What is IMPORTANT to know, the place has some “EXTRA” facilities and opens for “public” after 6pm which may (or not ) bring some disturbance to your stay ( do your own research ). Unfortunately after couple of days I booked a different hotel close to the city centre as the night athmospere became too creepy and unbearable to my taste. It was a good decision to leave as my vacation improved rapidly since. As well, please cover gym equipment with towel as I got awfull rash from the benches. Overall immpresion is good but it will not suit everybody’s taste. It was first time…and LAST time… when I used this type of accomodation….but that’s just me.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank martinmatousek
sopheara, Owner at MEN's Resort & Spa - Gay Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
that's true MEN's is "not for everybody...", it is a gay resort for men only.
And nothing is hidden about that specificity, starting from the hotel name ;-)

Anyway, the most part of your review is very positive for us,
and we appreciate that you took some of your time to write that report.

This is a very detailed and exact presentation about the location, the facilities, the rooms, the fantastic and affordable food, our professional staff, our organised tours,...
and we are really pleased to read your words describing the hotel as a "Great little oasis after long day spent discovering temples" and a "quiet and relaxing place".

What you seem to dislike is that the place is a bit busy around 6pm-9pm with "outside guests".
which is absolutly true, but these outside guests are concentrated, during that limited time, only in a corner of the resort where the spa/sauna is located. Not very disturbing for our guests who wish to stay quiet alone.

It's all a matter of taste and appreciation.
We have some guests who regret that the sauna/spa is not open 24 hours and feel the place to quiet during the day and after 9pm.
For you instead, you would have wished that the entrance to the Resort could be limited only to the hotel guests.

When we opened MEN's Resort & Spa, we tried to find the good balance that could satisfy the most people.
That's the concept of the Resort. A relaxing place with good quality service in a quiet neighborhood and where, for a few hours in the early evening, it is possible to socialize with local guys and other tourists.

We expect that the many positive points in your review will help more people to choose MEN's for their holiday in Siem Reap, and that what you consider negative could be nuanced with our answer.

regards,

You Sopheara
Managing Director
Lisse, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had a great and luxurious stay at Men's. Gay only resort in the middle of Siem Reap and yet off the main roads so it is tranquil after all the hectic traffic that roams Siem Reap. It was lovely to sit at the pool after a very early morning excursion to the temples to avoid the masses. By the time they were overheating crawling over the temples we already had a drink served to us by the very friendly staff. The sauna after 5 until 10 is a great extra and brings in some locals and other guests.

Room Tip: Rooms 4, 5 and 6 have a great view at the sunrise over Siem Reap.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Skylarky
Bangkok
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is a place that has everything. I had my first stay there 29 November - 10 December, 2012. The rooms are large, clean and spacious with first class amenities. Staff is very polite, smiling and helpful without being obtrusive or pushy. The owner, Pierre, was always available and willing to answer my numerous questions about the area. I very felt safe there, especially considering it was my first trip to Cambodia. After I had a serious problem with a "professional" tour company I hired on my own for Ankgor Wat, Pierre arranged for a very reliable guide and driver for me.

On days when I just needed to chill out, I could lie by the pool and read a book or get a massage. The restaurant was convenient for stay-in days and served a nice breakfast I could order from several choices.

There usually was a tuk tuk available in front of the property. The one time there wasn't, the reception desk phoned and had one available in less than 5 minutes. Men's is a short (5-10 minutes) scenic ride to Old Town, where numerous restaurants, markets and the few gay venues are located. Ankgor Wat is about 20 minutes by car.

This is not a "budget" property, but I feel I definitely got my money's worth. I have to agree with the positive comments by the other reviewers and am already anticipating a return to Men's Resort in early 2014.

One of the few suggestions I have is it would be nice if the staff had name tags.

Thanks Pierre.
Harry

Room Tip: Rooms are large so choose accordingly.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo