“A Special Find” 5 of 5 bubbles

MEN's Resort & Spa - Gay Hotel
Melbourne, Australia
“A Special Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Could not fault Men's Resort in Siem Reap. Clean, spacious rooms. Owner and staff very friendly and helpful., Good quality food. Big pool and great garden surrounds with quiet resting areas. Gym and Massage available. Excellent and very knowledgable Guides work with hotel - highly recommend Bomey.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Geneva
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

If you go to Angkor Wat, staying at the Men's resort is a must. The hotel is beautiful, clean and cheap. Staff is very friendly, the pool is great and nobody said anything when we had a nude midnight swim.

Rooms are spacious, modern and very clean. I was very impressed by the quality of this hotel considering the very low prices.

The spa opens up to locals, expats and other tourists from 5pm to 11pm, so make sure to stick around if you want to have some fun.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fyhaddad
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

We only had 2 days to spend in Siem Reap and wanted to make the most of it. Pierre helped us planning as soon as we confirmed our booking, so that everything was set up and on D day, we only had to worry about which temple we liked best !

The staff is extremely welcoming and nice, very helpful and always smiling. There is a wi-fi access from everywhere in the hotel.

The place is amazing, everything is beautiful and straight out of a Wallpaper magazine, and still the place retains a charm and warmth and is everything but show-off. You really feel comfortable. Our room was beautifully designed, all round and with soothing blue walls... loved it !! A real love nest :-)

The sauna/spa facilities are very clean and very nicely designed. I particularly loved the lemongrass scent in the hamam. It is great to use them after a long harrassing day of visiting the temples, and helps you relax to be ready for the next day of visit!

All in all, the only bad thing about this hotel is that you have to leave eventually...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Julien P
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

I live in Cambodia and have visited Siem Reap several times. I finally had the opportunity to stay at Men's for 4 nights. It was a delightful experience. Initially, I was a little put off by the "road" to the property, but that's life here. As other reviewers have noted, they do make sure that transportation is always available. Plus, the staff is very helpful in making sure the drivers understand where you want to go. My room was great, wifi strength was strong enough for business work and Skype calls. The bathroom was truly excellent especially by standards found at other accommodations in the region. The staff were always very friendly and helpful. The only problem I had was the overnight reception and that was only on the times when I had to call late to arrange a car and cancel a booking for another friend....so really just communication over the phone. In person, it was always fine. I had two great massages. Unfortunately, never made it into the steam room or sauna although other guests said they were surprised at how clean the areas were. I used the pool every day and it was the perfect way to cool down after going out to the temples, etc. Arranging a car and driver was incredibly easy and worked out so that I got the same person every day. I had hired my own guide separately. I was very appreciative because a friend of mine decided to join me and I made the reservation and arranged for him to be picked up the next morning at the airport. Unfortunately, late that night he was in a motorcycle accident and could not make it. I expected to have to pay some money because of the cancellation clause. Management was very considerate given the circumstances and I did not have to pay anything. I was ready to show them the late night texts/SMSs about the accident, but it wasn't needed. Breakfast had good options and was always tasty. I think they even let my guide eat without charging. I didn't eat any other meals there with the exception of some bruschetta. I think one of the white wines I had was a bit off, but my fault for not saying anything.

I was splurging a bit because it was a working holiday for me, but I definitely plan to stay at Men's again and recommend it to friends. I am trying to balance my experience, but it was truly wonderful and exactly what I needed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

I enjoyed a week in Men's Resort: nice and with passion decorated, clean, wonderful pool, yummy snacks and drinks - but mostly i have been impressed by the stuff. Friendly, always a small chat with the customers, absolutely helpful - and always professional. The hotel is a bit outside of the citycenter, but so the tourist can relax at full - with a tuc-tuc of the hotel you are in a few minutes in the middle of the night-life. Well, i want to return as soon as possible!
Jörg, Berlin

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Atlanta, GA USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Our first trip to Cambodia and having done our research very surprised to find that previous reviews were right on the nose. Excellent staff, decor modern and stylish. The new gym was fantastic, and the hotel was making finishing touches on guest room additions to expand their capacity. A real jewel in Siem Reap, a must stay. In evenings local Cambodians come in for a bit of relaxation and a dip n the pool. Don't worry if you happened to ok at another hotel as you can come on a day pass after 5:00 pm.

Breakfast selection could be expanded a bit, but everything on menu is fantastic - no complaints there. :-)

Would highly recommend if traveling to visit the temples. After a long hot day touring we could always look forward to the smiling friendly staff offering a nice cold beverage.

Thanks to Pierre and the entire hotel staff for making our stay a very memorable and enjoyable one.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank rbailey66
San Luis Obispo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

It was my first time to Cambodia and I did not know what to expect. What a surprise! I thourghly enjoyed my stay. My room was very clean, the bed very comfortable, and the staff very professional and friendly. I enjoyed sitting by the pool, using the gym and sauna. I met some very nice men that I know I will keep in contact with.

I loved the location...how much fun to take a tuk tuk at anytime to anywhere you want...down the tight squeeze of an alley or through the bustling town. The bartenders made a great drink and I was never disappointed with a meal.

Thank you Pierre, and thanks to your staff.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo