“Truly wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles

MEN's Resort & Spa - Gay Hotel
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Truly wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

I live in Cambodia and have visited Siem Reap several times. I finally had the opportunity to stay at Men's for 4 nights. It was a delightful experience. Initially, I was a little put off by the "road" to the property, but that's life here. As other reviewers have noted, they do make sure that transportation is always available. Plus, the staff is very helpful in making sure the drivers understand where you want to go. My room was great, wifi strength was strong enough for business work and Skype calls. The bathroom was truly excellent especially by standards found at other accommodations in the region. The staff were always very friendly and helpful. The only problem I had was the overnight reception and that was only on the times when I had to call late to arrange a car and cancel a booking for another friend....so really just communication over the phone. In person, it was always fine. I had two great massages. Unfortunately, never made it into the steam room or sauna although other guests said they were surprised at how clean the areas were. I used the pool every day and it was the perfect way to cool down after going out to the temples, etc. Arranging a car and driver was incredibly easy and worked out so that I got the same person every day. I had hired my own guide separately. I was very appreciative because a friend of mine decided to join me and I made the reservation and arranged for him to be picked up the next morning at the airport. Unfortunately, late that night he was in a motorcycle accident and could not make it. I expected to have to pay some money because of the cancellation clause. Management was very considerate given the circumstances and I did not have to pay anything. I was ready to show them the late night texts/SMSs about the accident, but it wasn't needed. Breakfast had good options and was always tasty. I think they even let my guide eat without charging. I didn't eat any other meals there with the exception of some bruschetta. I think one of the white wines I had was a bit off, but my fault for not saying anything.

I was splurging a bit because it was a working holiday for me, but I definitely plan to stay at Men's again and recommend it to friends. I am trying to balance my experience, but it was truly wonderful and exactly what I needed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

I enjoyed a week in Men's Resort: nice and with passion decorated, clean, wonderful pool, yummy snacks and drinks - but mostly i have been impressed by the stuff. Friendly, always a small chat with the customers, absolutely helpful - and always professional. The hotel is a bit outside of the citycenter, but so the tourist can relax at full - with a tuc-tuc of the hotel you are in a few minutes in the middle of the night-life. Well, i want to return as soon as possible!
Jörg, Berlin

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, GA USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Our first trip to Cambodia and having done our research very surprised to find that previous reviews were right on the nose. Excellent staff, decor modern and stylish. The new gym was fantastic, and the hotel was making finishing touches on guest room additions to expand their capacity. A real jewel in Siem Reap, a must stay. In evenings local Cambodians come in for a bit of relaxation and a dip n the pool. Don't worry if you happened to ok at another hotel as you can come on a day pass after 5:00 pm.

Breakfast selection could be expanded a bit, but everything on menu is fantastic - no complaints there. :-)

Would highly recommend if traveling to visit the temples. After a long hot day touring we could always look forward to the smiling friendly staff offering a nice cold beverage.

Thanks to Pierre and the entire hotel staff for making our stay a very memorable and enjoyable one.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank rbailey66
San Luis Obispo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

It was my first time to Cambodia and I did not know what to expect. What a surprise! I thourghly enjoyed my stay. My room was very clean, the bed very comfortable, and the staff very professional and friendly. I enjoyed sitting by the pool, using the gym and sauna. I met some very nice men that I know I will keep in contact with.

I loved the location...how much fun to take a tuk tuk at anytime to anywhere you want...down the tight squeeze of an alley or through the bustling town. The bartenders made a great drink and I was never disappointed with a meal.

Thank you Pierre, and thanks to your staff.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank sinar2000
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

Just back from a trip that included a three-night stay here and would definitely recommend it. The staff are very well trained and extremely helpful. Hotel facilities are terrific. we enjoy the tour with tuck tuck our drive is Mr. Hak he is very helpful and kindly.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Bandung
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

I had a lovely stay at Mens. I didn't have high expectations before going there but was more than pleasanly surprised when I arrived. The place is very clean. The pool area is lovely. The gym is clean, cool, and the well equipped. The staff were very friendly and quick to assist me organizing day trips to the sites. I have already recommended this hotel to several friends.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Timothy D
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed 5 days at Men's Resort. We have nothing but great comments and praise to give for this resort. The location is good, close enough to downtown (a tuk tuk ride away), all the while calm and quiet.

We wrote to Pierre, the owner, ahead of time and he planned to have us picked up at the airport. He also helped us get a guide and driver to visit the temples. The guide he recommended was excellent. Both Pierre and Sopheara made us feel very welcome; they are great hosts.

The resort is everything you want from a boutique hotel: only ten rooms (we stayed in both the suites and the regular rooms); both types of room are very comfortable and nicely decorated. The pool area is very nice and relaxing. The staff is very attentive and pleasant. The breakfast is quite good and served in a nice surrounding around the pool. After days of visiting the temples in intense heat, it was always a pleasure to get back to the resort and enjoy the pool in a calm environment.

The sauna is opened to non-hotel guests only after 5h30. This allows the guests to enjoy the pool and relax. The sauna is nice and well-maintained. Always enough people to make it interesting while not being to crowded.

We are not usually staying in gay resorts fearing them to be too cruisy and all, but that is not the case with Men's Resort. This is a fine establishment that is well managed and very welcoming. I strongly recommend it. I would go back tomorrow if I could (but definitely the place I would stay at in siem Reap)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple