“Best amok? One of the good one”
Review of Amok Restaurant

Amok Restaurant
Ranked #155 of 1,005 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Cambodian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Amok restaurant was opened in 2004 and is proudly named to honour one of Cambodia's most traditional food specialties. Indeed we provide the most extensive Amok experience in Siem Reap with the widest range of varieties on offer. Our recipes are sourced from all the provinces throughout the kingdom, making Amok Restaurant a perfect location for discovering traditional family Khmer Cuisine.
Reviewed June 10, 2010

I had the digestation of 5 amoks & it was quite good.
U will find that their amok are richer & creamier than most.....

angk0r_w, Responsable relations publiques at Amok Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

We try our best to improve our service and overall quality and cleanliness.

The Amok Degustation Set is a 'must try' and we are happy that you liked it.

We hope you enjoyed the experience and wish you had a wonderful trip in Cambodia.

Reviewed June 9, 2010

Decided to try this place as on our last night in Cambodia we wanted to try some Khymer food and it was one of the places recommended in Lonely Planet Guidebook. It wasnt busy - maybe 2 other couples eating in it but the menu looked interesting. They gave us some pumpkin soup as a free appetiser. We order 2 starters, I had spring roll and himself had the vermicilli salad. Had mains - I had lemongrass stir fry chicken and himself their signature dish the amok digestation of 5 amoks. We tried a bit of each others also. I thought the food was ok only and not as tasty as I would have expected. Next morning left Cambodia, himself realised he wasnt quite well first, and by time I got off my first flight of the day, I was very ill indeed. We hadnt eaten anything else the previous day other than dinner and thinking about it the chicken I had thought was a bit pink looking so I had stopped eating it. Was the most ill I have ever been from food poisoning for 2 days and I wasnt right again for another week. It ruined the last week of my honeymoon as I couldnt eat anything much. I was worse than him so it must have been something we both ate but what I ate more of so we think it was the chicken. I wont be going on guidebook recommendations again and I definately wouldnt advise anyone to eat in this restaurant. I will be sending them my complaint as they ruined what should be been a great last week for me.

angk0r_w, Public Relations Manager at Amok Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Thank you for your feedback.

We are so sorry that the both of you got sick after having dinner in our restaurant.

We do have a SafeStay policy which include No MSG, purified water and ice, and western standards.

We try our best to improve our service and overall quality and cleanliness.

We trully wish you had a wonderful trip in Cambodia.

Reviewed May 4, 2010

The Amok was delicious as the name suggests! We were taken very good care of with highly personal and attentive service :) I would suggest not sitting next to the main walkway as people walking past constantly try to sell you postcards/magnets. A very nice way to try a bit of local cuisine.

Thank you for your feedback.

Amok has seats available on the first floor as well, which allow more quietness than the ground where sellers can sometimes come near the guests.

We try our best to improve our service and overall quality and cleanliness.

Thank you to recommend it to your friends and relatives.

Reviewed March 7, 2010

Had a lovely dinner at Amok, tried a few dishes (including, of course, Amok which was great) all dishes were well presented had wonderful flavours and were of good portion size. The staff were very friendly and attentive with good english and keenly explained the origins of certain dishes and answered all of our questions without hesitation. The setting was comfortable and the drinks cold and fresh.....

We try our best to improve our service and overall quality and cleanliness.

Thank you to recommend it to your friends and relatives.

Reviewed March 7, 2010

We tried out this restaurant as it was highly recommended by several guidebooks & websites. We were kinda disappointed. The food tasted ok but the quantity is too little. As compared to Khmer Kitchen Restaurant, it is pricier (by 2 times) & you only get half or less of the quantity. We ordered green curry with pork, the meat is over-cooked & tough, there was hardly a few pieces of meat. The rice portion was too small too, unlike Khmer Kitchen where rice is free-flow. The tables are quite close apart, the staff kept bumping into my chair.

We try our best to improve our service and overall quality and cleanliness.

We are sorry that you did not enjoy the experience and wish you had a wonderful trip in Cambodia.