“A home away from home.”

Ranked #172 of 292 Specialty Lodging in Siem Reap
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Remember, you are staying in Cambodia, not Europe or the US, so don't expect the same standard or routines. I've travelled around South-East Asia various times and have stayed in multiple get houses, hostels and hotels. Jasmine is one of the only ones I have returned to time and time again.

The staff at Jasmine are very friendly, welcoming and are always happy to sit down and have a chat. They are also very accommodating to needs. I have severe allergies to several common Cambodian foods (peanuts, seafood), and the staff were made well aware and I never had a single problem.

The rooms are cleaned daily, with sheets changes and bathrooms washed, with fresh towels even day. It's wonderful to come back after a hard day of work (or exploring) to a clean and comfortable room.

There is always security at the front gate, and I've never had any of my property go missing even though I always forget to lock my.door and leave my things messy around the room. Very trustworthy staff.

The atmosphere is fantastic, the staff are lovely, and the service and rooms are definitely worth the money you pay. Don't expect something fancy or classy. But if you want a comfortable and friendly place to stay where you will feel safe and welcome, Jasmine is the place to go.

It's a 15 minute walk to Pub street, or a 2-5 minute tuk-tuk trip.

• Stayed: January 2013
There are newer reviews for Jasmine Family Hostel

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed recently in a triple room with A/C. Few members of the staff speak English, but the ones that do are helpful.

I enjoyed the proximity to the city centre (I managed to bargain for 1$ every time to go to Pub Street), withut being in the middle of it all, as well as the pool and the included breakfast (quite simple, but good: egg/baguette/fruit).

My complaints would include the lack of sound-proof walls. If you are there at the same time as a loud group, you will hear them until they decide to sleep as well. But, other than that, it was clean. The shower wasn't the best, but honestly, they are never perfect in small places such as this one. The towels were also a little humid and stunk as well.

I took the Floating Forest Tour. It cost 20 USD, but was well worth it. It included a tuk-tuk ride on the country side for about an hour. And a two-hour boat ride, as well as the ride back. It's very calm and you see many fisherman working and then you go all the way to Tonle Sap Lake. If you are traveling in low season, chances are you would be alone on the tour.

I would recommend Jasmine for its cheap price and good quality. There is a nice cozy ambiance, despite that there are many rooms.

PS. Note that they charge in USD, if you plan on paying in Cambodian currency, the rate is 1:4000. Also, use USD in Cambodia. All prices are quoted in this. If they are persistent at the border to change to baht (because ATM's in Cambodia charge large fees and are unreliable), then convert at a ''governement agency'', it's a scam.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Travelled three times over three years and stayed at Jasmine each time. GROUP TRAVEL.
The price is small but the experience is great.
Clean room.
Basic Room
No safe in room.
Food takes ages to come out when you order
lovely staff
nice pool
relaxing vibe

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2013

In over three months of travelling I have never meet staff so rude as here. They could nothing to help us and did not make us feel welcome at all. We arrived at 5am sleepy from an overnight bus and even though the hostel was dead and not a guest in sight we asked if it was ok to sit on the sofas until our room was ready but were refused and told to sit on the soaking wet pool loungers- not ideal at all sitting in clothes. Every time we sat on the sofa we were told to move- not a great first impression. I then went to use the bathroom and had told me that they had run out of toilet paper and did not seem in an urgency to go to the shops to buy some more - what sort of hostel does not stock toilet paper for their guests? Although I appreciate that check in is not until 1pm- they were not in any rush to clean our vacant room which the people checked out at 11am to allow us to check in and kept us waiting until 1pm- so a total of 8 hours of waiting to check in which they insisted we had to sit the whole time on the soaking chairs. On check out they then accused us of not paying for our room and would not return my friend's passport that we left as a deposit- they kept demanding more money from us even though we had already been paid.
although the room was clean and there was a pool at this place, I cannot get over the rudeness of the staff and their care free attitude to running a hostel. STAY ELSEWHERE at hostels that will actually welcome you- I begrudged handing my money over to these people.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank NiamhC183
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Rooms are perfectly clean, breakfast is good with various choices, restaurant is great food. Not located in the exact city center but that makes the place quieter and any tuk-tuk will drive you back there for 2 dollars only. Special thanks to Kong -not sure how to spell it- our lovely tuk-tuk driver. He is very kind and always smiling. Stay couldn't have been better.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Ratana5793, Manager at Jasmine Family Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear FroggyBenny,

Warmest greetings from Jasmine Family Hostel.
Thank you very much for taking your valued time to leave a comment following your recent stay at Jasmine Family Hostel.

We are so delighted to hear that you had enjoyed with our hospitality and our restaurant.
On behalf of the owner at Jasmine Family Hostel, we are very much appreciated and looking forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.

very best regards,
Jamine Family Hostel

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Lovely place! Large and clean rooms with fan.
It is quite far from the city center but it is nice to be in a quiet place! And its only 2 $by touk touk!
A wonderfull swimming pool is waiting for you after spending the day at Angkor! The food is amazing congrats to the chef!
The staff is helpfull and friendly. Kong, the touk touk driver was great! We had a really nice time at the temples thanks to him!
I recommend this guest house to everyone!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Ratana_Kong, Manager at Jasmine Family Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Ms.Laura F,

Warmest greetings from Jasmine Family Hostel Siem Reap!

We are so delighted to learn that you had enjoyed and most satisfied with hospitality and helpful staff especially our chef.
Exactly for the location is not too far as your mentioned, Its located in the town and only 1.5km and its take 10 to 15 minutes by walk and 3 minutes by tuk tuk.

On behalf of all the staff and the owner at Jasmine Family Hostel, we are very much appreciated and looking forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you agian in the near future.

very best regards,

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Friendly staff. not to far from citycentre. good tourbookings. pool little to loud. rooms clean. had room near poolside. hostel has to parts. one without pool on other side of street. booked with agoda... good price there

• Stayed: April 2013
Ratana_Kong, Manager at Jasmine Family Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Flieger,

Warmest greetings from Jasmine Family Hostel.
Thank you very much for taking your valued time to leave your comments following your recent stay at Jasmine Family Hostel.

On behalf of my uncle at Jasmine Family Hostel, I am so delighted to learn that you had enjoyed and most satisfied with our service and facilities. We are very much appreciated and hope you give us an opportunity to host you again in the nearest future.

Very best regards,