“Great rooms & amazing staff.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Green Park Village Guest House

Green Park Village Guest House
Ranked #57 of 499 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Great rooms & amazing staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I booked Green Park Village online largely because we didn't want to have to search for a place after our bus ride from Siem Reap. It was an excellent decision; someone emailed back almost immediately confirming our booking and asking when and where we would like to be picked up.

The staff at Green Park are wonderful. They have great senses of humour and seem to genuinely want you to have a good stay. Their English is not always perfect but it is very good and we never had any real trouble communicating. Even when we came down at 5am for our Angkor Wat pickup and the guys were sleeping on the mats, they would leap up with a smile.

The guesthouse is a little way out of town but the staff are happy to organise free rides into town by whatever vehicle is available. We felt a bit like we were taking advantage of this but they never seemed to mind! Make sure to grab a business card for the hostel as on the way back you'll probably need to get a tuk tuk driver (US$1-2 from town) and they often won't know where it is.

The restaurant is small but the food is good, and the single long table encourages conversation between guests and staff. The free breakfasts are decent though unfortunately, as with many places in SE Asia, it's non-dairy creamer only...

As for the rooms, our deluxe room was large and clean. Great value at USD$15. Air con, TV, kettle, soap & toothbrushes, quick wifi. We stayed for 4 nights and were asked a couple of times if we wanted the room cleaned and new towels. The beds were comfortable and it was nice to have a bath, though the bath was only about 4 feet long and so would be uncomfortable for taller people!

We had to extend our stay an extra night as the bus back to Phnom Penh was full on the day we'd originally intended to leave, but this was no hardship. Highly recommend Green Park Village! It's our favourite guesthouse so far in ~3 weeks travelling SE Asia. :)

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank chocmilk03

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Arabic first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed at Green Park with my girlfriend at the end of November, 2012. We had been traveling throughout Southeast Asia, and Siem Reap was one of our last stops. Trying to find an affordable and convenient place to stay while we spent a few days exploring Angkor Wat, we discovered Green Park online and decided to give it a go.

The room was very comfortable with aircon, TV, hot shower - everything you can hope for in a room while traveling. The restaurant was also nice, which is good to know after a long day of exploring.

Location-wise, the Guesthouse was great. Only about a 5-10 minute tuk tuk ride to Angkor, and an equally short ride to Siem Reap's nightlife.

The thing that really stood out about this place, however, was the incredible staff. They arranged everything we requested, and always seemed pleased to do so. When we made the request to have a tuk tuk driver transport us to Angkor Wat for sunrise, the staff was waiting for us at 5 am when we came down from our room. When we told them that we needed to arrange a bus to Phnom Penh after we stayed for several days, they took care of everything. Furthermore, spending time talking to everyone who worked there was great, as they were warm, sincere, and just very friendly people.

I very much hope to return to Siem Reap, and if and when I do, I know exactly where I'll be staying.

Thank you to everyone at Green Park Village Guesthouse!!! I hope you all are doing well!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Geoffrey F
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

One of my japanese friends recommend this guest house, So i visited. It is very comfortable for us to stay. The room is clean ,and has buthtub with hot shower. and we can use wi-fi, Internet. Including breakfast is also nice.The best thing is survise!! Ever staff are so kind and friendly.I'm happy to stay here.Actually I have visited here twice! This guest house is like a my home. I wanna visit here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Risakooooo
Selangor, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

- Hi, this is Noha from Malaysia, stayed at this lovely guesthouse from 30 Oct until 1 Nov 2012 with my mom and aunty. Even on such a short stay, I grew very fond of the staffs, especially Mr. Mom. Very punctual everytime. I am indeed being embarrassed for being late eventhough he's already waiting for us.
- Thank you so much to all the excellent staffs at Greenpark Village Guesthouse, makes me feels just like at home :-)
- excellent e-mail correspondence regarding reservation and enquiries from Mr. Soam
- I am very fond of Mr. Mom, such a sweet guy, bringing us around the town and Angkor Wat even in heavy rainfall. All the staffs here are always smiling, polite and very very helpful.
- free transportation to and from the airport, and also to the city.
- delicious and such a big portion of breakfast! I usually didn't get to finish eating them, not because it's not delicious, but because my stomach is too small... okay, lame.. I'm lame huhu
- Staying here makes me feel happy. The staffs make me happy. And I'll visit Siem Reap again soon and will definitely stay here again :-))

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank nohano
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Room was clean and very comfortable.
The staffs were very friendly, helpful and always carry a wide smile.
Breakfasts provided were delicious. We also had our dinner during the first night of stay. The food is very good with reasonable price.. more or less same price cf the shops in the town. The only thing is, they take quite some time to cook.
Service is excellent. Punctual pick up from the airport and town area. They always earlier and waiting for us.
Our itinerary was nicely plan and organized. They also arranged for us a tour guide to bring us around the temples and town area.
I would highly recommend this lovely place of stay in Siem Reap.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank voonsiewhui
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

It was the first time i travelled to Siem Reap. The ever first impression for me to Green Park Village was "not bad, far from the crowd" and the staffs are friendly!

When entering the room, i checked the wash room, it was clean! I always faced problem to get the desire wash room to release my daily need, but this time no for me >.< And the most exciting was there is wifi provided!!

The food served for us were very delicious as well~~but you may request for less condensed milk for your drink if you do not like sweetness.

Overall, Green Park Village is really a good choice for you to stay with~

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cheng222
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed here for about 6 weeks during my time in Siem Reap in the summer of 2012.

Service is unparalleled. The staff really take care of you, more than a 5 star hotel imo. They are always waiting on you! If you want to go to the market right next door (the P'sa Leu Market), they'll even have someone go with you to translate for you. If you want something but they don't have it, they will send a runner to go get it at the market; for example, coconuts.

Place is clean. Breakfast is free. Free rides into town and airport, but I tip them always. The guest house's restaurant is great value for what you get. Free internet as well. Air-conditioning rooms by request. You can borrow their bikes.

Negatives (take into account that this was a long-term stay): lumpy pillows, pesky mosquitos in the restaurant (it is not 100% indoors), and you have to tell them directly you want the bathroom/shower/toilet cleaned or else only the bedroom area gets cleaned, although maybe the housekeeping boys now do that without being told.

But the staff at the guest house and their families make all the negatives so dim by comparison. They are some wonderful, wonderful people.

No pool or spa but the costs will reflect this. You can pay $5 for adults, $3 for kids and walk a block to a hotel and use their pool if you really want to. Many spas around Siem Reap too.

Room Tip: Ask for Air-conditioning, and a West Side room, because you might be able to hear one of the neighbo...