Verdict: May stay here again. But will look for better alternative.
If the attitude of the main reception staff was more positive, I will consider staying here again. Otherwise, I would prefer Kiri Boutique Hotel (excellent! free bike rental, free Tuk Tuk to and from town, very nice swimming pool etc.).
Room Type: Standard Double
Room Location: 4th Floor (no elevator)
Paid: A$25.83 per night
- OK walking distance to town; close to Grasshopper bike rental
- Clean room
- Small but clean swimming pool
- Hotel restaurant food quality is good without being expensive (breakfast not included)
- Main reception staff wasn't exactly attentive; not really interested; a little grumpy because he had to bring luggage up and down from hotel room on 4th floor
- NO WiFi internet at our hotel room on the 4th floor! Only at lobby!
- No lift (my room was on the 4th floor)
- No free bicycle rental for guests (US$5.00 per day)
- The shower head holder was broken so it had to be held by hand
TIPS FOR TRAVELLERS:
1. Grasshopper bike rental is walking distance from the hotel. All the bikes are mountain bikes and in great working condition. Full-day bike rental: US$8.00. Definitely better than hotel's.
2. Food from the hotel's restaurant is surprisingly good and good value-for-money. So you don't need to venture far for breakfast.
3. Swim at the hotel's swimming pool on a hot day. Great way to cool off and relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right at the heart of Siem Reap's bustling downtown, Shadow Angkor Villa, offers the best accomodation for all kinds of travellers who are seeking to explore our local's scenes as well as our many modern western fusion restaurants, shops and stores. Our hotel is as convenient as a short 6 minutes walk to Siem Reap's fabulous pubstreet and 9 minutes walk to the urban night maket. Yet, do not worry! It's also far enough from all the noise for our guests to enjoy a quite night rest. Accompanied adults and children are welcome to relax in our chic decor swimming pool as well surrounding lounge area/restaurant that comes equipped with live TV stream projector. Our hotel is the perfect choice for those seeking simple but comfortable accommodation. Make yourself at home in one of the 19 air-conditioned rooms featuring balconies and complimentary bottled water. Complimentary wireless and wired high-speed Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature complimentary toiletries and slippers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Shadow Angkor Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shadow Of Angkor Ii Hotel Siem Reap