“Twice is just as nice.”

Shadow Angkor Villa
Ranked #83 of 502 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed at Shadow of Anchor 2 in 2009 with my mother. We were very lucky to end up there as we had not planned a hotel reservation. We were quite relieved when we walked into the lobby: the place was beautifully decorated, extremely clean and comfortable and a 5 minute walk from downtown. Our room was amazing - well furnished and spotless. The beds were great for sleeping, we had a balcony, air conditioning, a refridgerator, and a TV. There was a beautiful pool, a patio, and the food was delicious. We stayed for 6 days and in that time were able to meet some of the staff. As we hadn't any idea where to go or what to do, we needed guidance from someone.

Suphol was the man I initially met in the lobby and did I hit the jackpot! He was informed in all the attractions, dates, times and events as well as the best times to see them. On top of that, he had Tuk-Tuks to take us to everything at a great price. They made our stay better than we ever expected.

So now in 2012, we have returned with the rest of our family: Mom, myself, 2 brothers and our girlfriends. The place looks like it did the day we left it! Suphol was still in the lobby helping customers decide what would best suit their stay. He looked over at me and instantly recognized me - it was amazing!

Many things have changed in Siem Reap in the last 3 years but not the service and hospitality at the Shadow of Anchor 2. They have dependable Wi-Fi (none before) and an amazing staff that always have a smile for their customers. I highly recommend staying here. Ask for Suphol, he'll make you feel right at home!

Room Tip: There are no fourth floor balconies and the hotel has no fitness centre.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Shadow Angkor Villa

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed here for six nights in December 2012, and I was very happy with the experience. From my late night pickup at the local bus station 4km through to my departure by minibus to Bangkok, all of the staff went out of their way to make sure that I had the best possible experience in Siem Reap. The location is good, a five minute walk to all the bars and restaurants of Pub St (albeit across a poorly lit bridge). The small pool is perfect for a quick dip after a sweaty day amidst the temples, just don't expect to be able to do lengths! The food was surprisingly good, and I ate there multiple times (in spite of the culinary delights in the locale). And the transport service provided (courtesy of the excellent tuk-tuk driver Sophal) allows you to explore the mysteries of the temples according to your own bespoke schedule.

Room Tip: Was very happy to pay the extra ten dollars to get the deluxe room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 8, 2012

This is a clean, friendly hotel with Cambodian staff (and, I think, ownership). My requests were dealt with quickly, laundry done for a couple of dollars, and Sophal took me around the temples by tuk tuk, knowing in advance exactly where I would like my photo taken! Skip the rip-off joints and stay here!

Room Tip: single beds were good enough for me - I'm six foot tall.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

We spent 4 nights at the hotel and had an excellent stay! The staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a triple room which was spotless and beds were very comfortable.

The tuk tuk drivers at the hotel were fantastic and we paid a good price ($15 -25 depending on how many people and how far you want to travel) to see the temples over two days.

We really enjoyed our time at Shadow of Angkor II and would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is a nice hotel with pool, attentive staff just in the center of Siem Reap. The rooms are high class if considered the low prices of this hotel. Each room could definitely meet the European standard of a 4* Hotel. They have Internet there.
I can recommend getting a Tuk Tuk plus driver right at the desk (Mr. Thou is a great man to explore Angkor with). It's good priced and also booking tours or buses are the same as with the original tour providers (no commission??).
Anyways, a great place to explore Angkor and the party life of Siem Reap.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed here because the Shadow of Angkor Guesthouse was full, but it was a great option for us. It is 5-10 minutes away from the centre of Siem Reap (walking distance), but it was more quiet and anyway accessible by foot. The room was quite big and the bathroom was very nice. They offered laundry service (actually it is offered almost everywhere) and although breakfast was not included we could have it there.
We also rented bikes there, although I would say that they were not the best bikes in town!
Finally, we really liked the Hotel and would consider to stay there again if we go back!

Room Tip: There is no elevator! So better to stay in the lower stages!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights in a twin room with AC and balcony for 25 Dollars per room/night. 10 minute walk to Pub Street. The room was nice and clean, the pool in the backyard cozy and superclean. The staff was friendly and always willing to help. Sophal, the Shadow of Angkor Tuktuk driver, is my new favorite Tuktuk driver in Southeastasia. He drove us to all the temples, to Kompong Pluk, for very reasonable rates. A very nice guy! So, i finish my review with his fav joke when he dropped us off at another temple: See you tomorrow!

• Stayed: November 2012