“Amazing experience”

DID - Dine in the Dark: Siem Reap
Ranked #13 of 1,266 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Description: DID - Dine in the Dark: Siem Reap is a restaurant for a cause. We are proud and dedicated to help visually impaired, blind people in Siem Reap by training them to the food and beverage job (waitress, waiter) and employ them as Guide in our restaurant. We call them Guide because they will guide you through our restaurant, in a pitch black dining room where no light is visible, not even a tiny light. This experience will enhance your non-visual senses and make you discover new flavors, even if you know them already. We propose 2 set-menu, one standard Khmer Fusion 5-dish set menu and one vegetarian 5-dish set menu. Both menus have been designed by local legendary Chefs, the Kimsans twins from the Embassy restaurant who are supporting our project! Come to live with us this amazing experience, come to DID - Dine in the Dark: Siem Reap!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had a wonderful experience in the dark with a friendly staff and delicious food. I strongly recommend!!!

Date of visit: August 2019
Samhai_S, Guest Relations Manager at DID - Dine in the Dark: Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Juliette A,

Thanks for eating at our restaurant and for taking some time to share your opinions and experience with us and other visitors to Siem Reap.

Our team are really attentive and welcoming to make certain that everyone is enjoying themselves and having a good experience at DID restaurant. It's wonderful when guests notice and I'll pass your remarks back to our staff.

Our team were very happy to learn that you loved our food. We have a wide variety on our menu which is well suited for everyone.

I am so pleased to read that you had a memorable experience at DID restaurant. Thank you very much for the kind words and sharing your wonderful experience with us and other visitors to Siem Reap!

Thank you so much once more for choosing DID restaurant and making the effort to share your comments with us. Hopefully we will see you again at DID restaurant.

Greetings from all DID-Dine in the Dark restaurant's team!

Write a reviewReviews (102)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had heard about the Dine in the Dark-type restaurants before but had never experienced it. I heard about the one in Siem Reap and knew I needed to give it a try.

The reservation system on the website was quick and easy. I received confirmation within a couple hours. Communication with the restaurant was very quick and efficient.

When I arrived, I was seated in a lounge area where I was offered a drink and was able to choose which menu I wanted. Of course, I wanted the menu which had meat in it.

Then came the adventure. I was lead upstairs to the entrance where I was asked to lock up my phone and any other electronics. A great idea to ensure nobody accidentally (or purposely) ruins the darkness.

I was led to my table in complete darkness by my waitress. She was super friendly and had a really fun personality. She explained to me in great detail where my silverware was at, my drink, and what I needed to do. She was also a bit of a ninja. Periodically, she would ask me if I needed anything and noted that she was always there. haha I assumed through my whole meal she was lurking in the darkness. :) I mean this in a fun way. Any time I needed anything, I just had to speak up and she went and got it. Amazing service all around.

The food was a course menu and everything was really delicious to me. I went solo, so I am sure I ate faster than most customers. Sometimes I really had no idea what I was eating, but the flavors all blended well and I had no complaints. At the end of the meal, I was able to take some pictures with my waitress outside and then they led me back to the welcome area. They showed me pictures of the food and I was surprised that I guessed some of the dishes wrong. heheh It was nothing strange though.

I will definitely go back again if I have the chance to return to Siem Reap. Definitely well worth the experience. I had zero complaints about my time spent here and would recommend it to others. :)

Hello skystone4,

Thanks for eating out at our restaurant and for taking your time and effort to share your comments and experience with us as well as other visitors to Siem Reap.

I'm so happy that you found our blind staff pleasant and helpful, they always serve our customers with a smile!

Being a restaurant, the standard of our food is incredibly important to us and I'm extremely pleased that you liked it. I am sure our chef will be very pleased to read your feedback.

I am so pleased to read that you had a memorable experience at our restaurant. Thanks for your kind words and sharing your wonderful experience with us and other visitors to Siem Reap!

Many thanks for coming to DID restaurant. We do hope that you will come back and give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I don't think it's possible to be prepared for this experience. I certainly wasn't. Thankfully the staff took amazing care of us so although I was certainly a little disorientated (as people have said, it's COMPLETELY black!!! The room could have been the size of a football field for all I knew!!!) I was always looked after. The staff even offered to take us to touch the walls of the room so that we could get an idea of the dimensions, which we were very happy to take them up on. I have never done anything like it, so if you're looking for something totally different to do then I would definitely recommend this.

Date of visit: June 2019
Samhai_S, Guest Relations Manager at DID - Dine in the Dark: Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi aami80,

Thanks for dining at our restaurant and taking a few minutes to leave us your remarks.

I am delighted that you found our team pleasant and helpful, they constantly serve our guests with a big smile!

We're so pleased to hear that your dining experience at DID-Dine in the Dark Siem Reap is one of the best that you have experienced. I will make sure to pass your feedback back to our team.

Many thanks for dining at DID-Dine in the Dark Siem Reap. Have fun with the rest of your time in Siem Reap.

Greetings from all DID Siem Reap's team!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wow! I went to DID Siem Reap with some of my friends, It was my first experience to have dinner in the dark place with no light, everything was just touch and use our sense to taste, what the most important is that all of the waiter are blind people who served the best service. It is the best way to help the blind people to have job and encourage them to live like the normal people. Strongly recommend this tour.

Date of visit: July 2019

Hello Makadventures,

Many thanks for eating at DID-Dine in the Dark Siem Reap and for taking some time to share your opinions and experience with us as well as other visitors to Siem Reap.

I'm pleased that you found our blind staff helpful and pleasant, they always serve our visitors with a smile!

We're so happy to hear that your experience at our restaurant is one of the best that you have encountered. I will make sure to pass your feedback back to our team.

Thank you for dining at DID-Dine in the Dark Siem Reap. Enjoy the rest of your stay in Siem Reap.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

10\10 would go again. The good was really good, the service was excellent and it was so much fun! My whole party had such a good time and we had the biggest smiles on our faces when we left. Absolutely do yourself a favor and go!

1  Thank Jennifer S

Hello Jennifer S,

Many thanks for coming to our restaurant during your stay in Siem Reap.

We're continually looking to enhance our service with frequent training for our team to preserve the service quality. I'm happy you noticed their work and I'll pass your feedback back to our team.

Being a restaurant, the quality of our meals are extremely important to us and I am pleased that you liked it. I'm confident our chef will be very happy to read your comments.

We promise to give all of our guests an incredible service with a big smile and to have an unforgettable experience on their Siem Reap holiday.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us. Enjoy the remainder of your time in Cambodia.