“Great place!”

Ranked #8 of 24 Dessert in Siem Reap
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Common Grounds Cafe is a social enterprise that believes in:Creating a friendly Atmosphere,Producing high quality coffee & pastries, Serving delicious Western & Asian food,Providing Strong Wi-Fi & Cold Air ConditioningTogether as a Staff, We believe in:Empowering potential with opportunities,Providing benefits, English Classes, &fair salaries Building strong character & integrity,Developing future leaders By donating 100% of our profit to Common Grounds' parent organization, People For Care & Learning, we are working towards a hopeful Cambodian future.
western australia
“Great place!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I stumbled across this place, but it's well worth seeking out if you're in Siem reap. Super modern with a great atmosphere and I enjoyed seeing bbc news and CNN on the flat screens.
The food and coffee are as good as anywhere else in town. Staff are really friendly and I could have sat there all day.

• Korean first
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Awesome Atmosphere with Awesome Food”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have traveled to Cambodia twice on mission trips and Common Grounds is the place I always look forward to visiting. Each trip I stayed in Siem Reap for 3-4 days and everyday I was at Common Grounds. On my last trip after a long bus ride from Phnom Penh I couldn't wait to get to Common Grounds. When I arrived that evening to Common Grounds I had their signature Pumpkin soup and grilled cheese sandwich. It was so good.
Common Grounds serves of course coffee and coffee drinks, but along with that there are great pastries and awesome food. I have never had anything bad at Common Grounds. After a long day of exploring Ankor Wat in the hot Cambodian sun, it is great to take a tuk-tuk to Common Grounds and have a orange Fanta ice cream float.
Common Grounds also has free wifi and the best part is that whatever you buy there it all goes to support a great ministry and some great people. You always get a smiling friendly face from the Common Grounds staff. Oh, and if you come and need some air conditioning, just go to the second floor where you can still look out onto the café, but are able to cool off.
Please visit Common Grounds when you are in Siem Reap, but just be warned, you might end up going there everyday.

• Visited June 2012
Bridlington, England, United Kingdom
“A pleasant restaurant to eat at”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

A pleasant NGO restaurant with a large menu of both Asian and Western dishes. Air conditioned and free wifi

Visited March 2013
Madrid, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Comfy chairs, clean and nice ambiance.”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I came across Common Grounds walking around town. It wasn't so far from my hotel which was great as it became my regular spot during my stay in Siem Reap. The staff are kind and courteous, the coffee was good and most importantly for me, the chairs were comfortable. Oh ya and there was air-con. They provide the daily English speaking newspaper, the Phnom Penh Post and the Cambodia Daily newspapers (with multiple copies). It was nice to catch up on daily events a few weeks on the road. There was also wifi with a decent connection. A great place.

• Visited February 2013
Matt N, General Manager at Common Grounds, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for your response and business while you were in Siem Reap! We love getting the chance for our staff to develop friendships with our customers, and its nice to hear you enjoyed the magazines too. Next time you come back to Siem Reap, we would love to see you again.
Adelaide, Australia
“My daily hangout”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Common Grounds was my regular lunch spot during my 6 week stay in Siem Reap. Great food, service and atmosphere, plus free wifi, AND all profits go towards NGOs helping Cambodian people. The mango cashew nut smoothie was my favourite. Coffee was great too.

Visited January 2013
Mel,

I know all of our staff appreciated serving you over your six week stay, and we appreciate your business to Common Grounds, which in return is going back into life changing opportunities for others.

We look forward to seeing you again,
Matt