“One of the best meals I've ever made in my life” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Tigre de Papier Cooking School

Le Tigre de Papier Cooking School
Ranked #4 of 20 Food & Drink in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: A perfect way to learn the secrets of Khmer cooking at Le Tigre de Papier’s cooking school. After picking your favourite dish from the menu (one starter, one main course and one dessert), join one of the daily classes and you will be taught how to prepare the dish for yourself by one of our Khmer chefs. Then you will be able to taste your dishes ! The price is $12 including a guided visit of the central market.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Haleiwa, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“One of the best meals I've ever made in my life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2010

I took a cooking class at Le Tigre de Papier in September 2010. Chee'va, my instructor, was sweet, patient, and professional. I really felt this experience was a valuable part of my time in Cambodia. The meal turned out delicious, despite my clumsy skills--and more than enough food for two. One thing I particularly appreciated was learning how to make flower garnishes using vegetables. I continue to decorate my plates with them, and my guests are always impressed. The mango smiley face on my sticky rice w/ mango dessert was the perfect finishing touch. That is exactly how happy I felt when the meal was completed!

1 Thank Catharine L

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“A Great Day, Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2010

A bunch of friends and I went walking around trying to decide which place to do our cooking class at. And Le Tigre was by far the best choice. We got to choose what ever we wanted off the menu for each of us to make and they took the time with each person to show how to make the dishes. The end being the best, the meal was amazing. And with this much food left over we packed it all up and gave the left overs to the homeless in the area because it is far to much good food to eat. Le Tigre was amazing!

1 Thank Cheyenne B
Reading, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A great way to enjoy Cambodian Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2010

I did an evening course and just turned up on the day. I chose my dishes to cook and then enjoyed going to the market to learn about the ingredients. i was in a small group so it was easy to follow what to do. I then got to eat what I had cooked - mango salad and amok curry. And even if I say so myself it was pretty tasty!!

South Yorkshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You must try this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2010

We had a great evening at the cookery school. The trip around the market was very informative and our 'teachers' pointed out things we were unfamiliar with. Back in the school we set to and cooked a starter and a main from the menu. We began at 5.30pm and sat down to a feast at 8pm. The young women who were helping and instructing us were brilliant and they produced a pudding to compliment our first two courses. It was fantastic value at $12 and it was good to know that 75% of the profits were going to train young people. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Rehovot, Israel
“Great experience delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2010

Me and my girlfriend travel in Cambodia for a week. During this week we went for the cooking class in Le Tigre restaurant and it is one of the best things we did over there.
We were 3 couples from all around the world who attended the cooking class, we start by going to the market near by to see which ingredients are picked for to cooking.
We then went back to the restaurant, we each pick the dish we want to make and start the cooking. The teacher show each of us who to cut the vegetables, prepare the species, cut the meat and then how to cook it.
It was very fun, much more then I expected, and I also successfully made some of the dishes back at home.
Now they have publish a web-site with all the recipes as well as video which show exactly how to make them.

Feel free to bring your camera and make great pictures, they were very patient and helpful with the pictures.
The cooking class was about 1.5 hours (including the market walk) and then we eat and talk for another hour.