“Great cookery lesson”

Le Tigre de Papier Cooking School
More attraction details
Owner description: A perfect way to learn the secrets of Khmer cooking at Le Tigre de Papier’s cooking school. After picking your favourite dish from the menu (one starter, one main course and one dessert), join one of the daily classes and you will be taught how to prepare the dish for yourself by one of our Khmer chefs. Then you will be able to taste your dishes ! The price is $12 including a guided visit of the central market.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 30, 2009

If you enjoy eating Cambodian food and fancy having a go when you get back home then we would recommend this cookery course.
It lasts for 3 hours, including a trip to the market to look at all the local produce. The chefs/guides speak English and explain each part clearly. You choose a starter, main course and pudding to make. We did vegetable spring rolls and fish amok.
12$ for the course which was good value we thought.

Reviewed October 8, 2009

I and mum joined Cooking class in Siem Reap the last time.
We showed up at the Le Tigre De Papier Restaurant, and our cook immediately took us to the market. We saw different kinds of mint and other herbs, meats, fish (alive and dead). chickens (very fresh, still living) and many things.
We really love Khmer food. specially Amok is very very nice.( Yes, it's very good,please believe us)
The English speaking cook is a wonderful, knowledgeable and friendly women,and the atmosphere.

1  Thank Amok_9
Reviewed October 2, 2009

When I was in Siem Reap, le tigre de papier was the best restaurant in town. Knowing that there was a cooking class there, I signed up directly. My expections were high and I have not been disappointed. The staff is very friendly and the techniques simple but efficient. After the preparation, I enjoyed my dish with great pleasure.
Definitely the best cooking class in Siem Reap!

2  Thank highlander2222222
Reviewed September 28, 2009

I've alwys wanted to do a cooking class and I'm glad this was my first. Friendly staff, great facilites, meet other travellers AND get to eat what you cooked at the end of it! Our teacher spoke great English, really knew her stuff, and was able to suggest alternative products where she knew we might struggle to find the genuine ingredients back home. The class starts with a tour of the food market, which was really educational and interesting (in fact, after seeing the way the seafood was so well chilled I ate prawns for dinner that night). Then it was back to the kitchen to start cooking. Pick your favourite dish and learn how to cook it - you can come home and amaze your friends with same wonderful culinary delights you've been enjoying during your Cambodian holiday. Mmmm. The classes are great value for money and well worth the time. Five Star!!!

Reviewed September 27, 2009

We though it was great. We got to choose our favourite meals to make so not everyone made the same thing. The trip to the markets was interesting - especially to compare the local produce to what we have at home.