“Great Experience”

Le Tigre de Papier Cooking School
Ranked #6 of 26 Food & Drink in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: A perfect way to learn the secrets of Khmer cooking at Le Tigre de Papier’s cooking school. After picking your favourite dish from the menu (one starter, one main course and one dessert), join one of the daily classes and you will be taught how to prepare the dish for yourself by one of our Khmer chefs. Then you will be able to taste your dishes ! The price is $12 including a guided visit of the central market.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Wanted to do a Khmer cooking class while in Cambodia but didn't wanna pay the earth. Found this place which had quite reasonable reviews and a rediculous price of only $13. I had a ball. Met some awesome foreign travellers. For the guys out there your almost guaranteed to be out number 5 to 1 by beautiful British, Scandinavian, Australian, American girls. The lessons were very informative and hands on. Everything you do yourself, except the quantities. Overall a great experience I would do again

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were told by friends to take this cooking class and we are so glad we did! We were in a group of 5 people and we had so much fun. Visiting the market where the food is purchased every day is a sight I will never forget. Coming from the US with so many rules and regulations on food, this was a sight to see! What I love is that despite vegetables and fish being sold inches apart, is that everything is SO fresh, the food quality is excellent. We were lucky to get the upstairs, outdoor kitchen to prepare our food, as the high powered fans made for a comfortable cooking environment. We each chose an appetizer and a main dish to cook and wow, there was so much food! It was fun to make everything and see how much preparation goes into each dish. Afterwards, we sat outside together and enjoyed our creations! Only word to the wise, if what you are making has a chili pepper in it, IT WILL BE HOT! I wrongly assumed that because the other Cambodian dishes I had ordered in other restaurants the 3 days prior had been very mild, that only 1 chili pepper couldn't make a big difference. I was wrong! My papaya salad was delicious but I couldn't eat much of it because my stomach does not take well to chili peppers. Have fun and enjoy!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Absolute highlight of my trip to cambodia. Saveoun was AMAZING! We were 4 in our class and after choosing our dishes (1 starter and one main, and we chose the dessert for our class together) we did the quick market tour.

While prepping our meals, Saveoun explained everything to us and gave us hints and tips. Also told us which products we could use as substitutes if we couldn't get them back home. She has a lovely sense of humour and we had so much fun! She spent enough time with everyone and no one felt left out or unsure. We could ask her anything.

She definitely was the star! After doing the class they also email you all the recipes! I would do this class again and again when I go back to Cambodia. Absolutely LOVED it!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

After you've visited the Temples, this is a great way to spend some time in Siem Reap. We met some nice fellow travellers and learned about the ingredients and techniques involved in some Cambodian dishes we came to love. When we got home, we went to a local Asian market and found all the ingredients we needed to bring a little bit of our trip home. Our instructor was patient and gave good explanations and demonstrations. Very helpful. We had lots of laughs, too.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I had some alternatives for my Khmer cooking classes, but this was definitely the best. The kitchen was very clean and all the materials were kept in pretty good conditions. The teacher was great and thought me all about the vegetables. We also went to the market to buy some.
At the end the food was great!!! Loved it!