“Very Good!”

Le Tigre de Papier Cooking School
More attraction details
Owner description: A perfect way to learn the secrets of Khmer cooking at Le Tigre de Papier’s cooking school. After picking your favourite dish from the menu (one starter, one main course and one dessert), join one of the daily classes and you will be taught how to prepare the dish for yourself by one of our Khmer chefs. Then you will be able to taste your dishes ! The price is $12 including a guided visit of the central market.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Lisbon, Portugal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Very Good!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I had some alternatives for my Khmer cooking classes, but this was definitely the best. The kitchen was very clean and all the materials were kept in pretty good conditions. The teacher was great and thought me all about the vegetables. We also went to the market to buy some.
At the end the food was great!!! Loved it!

Visited May 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Portland, Oregon
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This class was rushed and poorly organized. There were five people in total for the class I attended and after being dragged through the market hastily and not hearing half of what was said, I still wasn't sure what all the ingredients were. Then we were split up to make things for use by the whole group, this part was also rushed so we weren't really able to speak to one another about the different ingredients and what we were doing so each individual in the group knew how each part was made. I know I chose one of the cheaper classes, but I didn't expect that paying half the price meant I would only cook half my meal and have no idea how the rest was prepared. I think Le Tigre would be better off adding some time to the class and some cost if necessary. We spent plenty of time learning how to cut banana leafs to be nice and pretty, which is fine and well, but I would rather have spent the time learning to actually cook a full meal which I could repeat at home. Printouts of the recipes at the beginning would also suffice. I guess it's nice that they offer to let you cook nearly anything on the menu, but a better course centered around a smaller selection of dishes would be preferable, in my opinion.

Johannesburg, South Africa
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Fabulous Experience”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This class is fantastic value for money and very well organised. We had a quick visit to the market (I would have loved to spend more time there) and then a couple of hours cooking an amazing array of dishes. You get to choose a starter, main and dessert and learned lots of tips on decoration and plating, finishing up with eating our creations for lunch. Cooking and eating Cambodian food was an entirely new experience for me - one I would highly recommend.

Toronto, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“best meal and great fun”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

First off great value for what you pay! you get a huge meal and have a lot of fun doing it, the staff is excellent and you go through the market which is very interesting, we had fun and met people at the same time, great value for what you get here! tip: do the dinner service, and order $2 pichers of beer while cooking!

New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great cooking instructor - Savoeun!!”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I was lucky to have a group of 3 (with a lovely British couple) in my cooking class. Our cooking instructor Saveoun spoke English well, was very informative and had a great sense of humor. After picking our dishes we headed into the market for a quick look at all the ingredients. It was an experience seeing all the fresh ingredients right in front of you and being in the center of all the action. We then headed back to the upstairs section of the restaurant and started the whole cooking process - prep work, creating the pastes, cooking and even plating our own dishes (with decorative plating). Saveoun helped us all along the way and the group had a fun time with everything. Another fun way to truly experience a country's culture - through its foods and people.

Visited November 2012