“Delicious Khmer food and lovely ambiance - favorite restaurant in Siem Reap!”
Review of Viroth's

Viroth's
Ranked #64 of 953 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Cambodian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2013

When I first visited Siem Reap with my family several years ago, our guide brought us to Viroth's for lunch one day and we loved it so much we returned for at least five more meals over the course of our stay. I'm happy to say that six years later, Viroth's is just as lovely as I remembered - on my most recent trip to Siem Reap in July I visited another four times and each meal was just as excellent as the last. They have an extensive menu of Khmer food and a good selection of drinks. I particularly recommend the pork laab, roast chicken Khmer style with morning glory, and fish amok (for which the fish is completely deboned, not a given in all restaurants in Siem Reap). The prices are definitely higher than some other restaurants in Siem Reap (the dishes mentioned above are in the $5-6.50 range) but given the enjoyable ambiance and the attentive service I thought the price definitely worth it - a restaurant of this caliber would easily be 5-10x the price in the US. The seating is covered but outdoors (with plenty of fans) surrounded by pleasant gardens, with lovely hanging saffron dividers to separate the tables. The staff remembered me after my first visit and were always extremely courteous, helpful and friendly. I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,732)

Reviewed July 23, 2013

One of the few F&B establishments in Siem Reap to accept credit cards, the food is good and the service is friendly with good English spoken.

Although it's and "outdoor" restaurant, the mist fans kept us reasonably cool from the afternoon sun during lunch. We had very good local dishes as recommended.

Although slightly more expensive than other local offerings in the area, it is a nice place to be for a change of scenery.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I came here as a recommendation from our driver. The setting was great, the waiter was great, and the food was some of the best Khumer food we have had in Cambodia (including delux hotel). Would recommend this to anyone wanting good authentic Cambodian food.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Had a great meal here. It was lovely to sit out. Food was excellent. The crepes were disappointing as they were undercooked. The meal which included a bottle of wine was not expensive.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Really liked this restuarant, the outdoor garden setting is beautiful and the food is delicious. Only advice is to book ahead or you might get stuck in the teak house at the back which, although beautifully decorated, is quite warm and a bit cramped. Also, take a tuktuk here rather than walking, it's not that easy to find and the not-so-lovely surrounding streets might take some of the romance out of the evening.