“Must-do in Siem Reap!”

Ranked #61 of 892 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Asian, Cambodian, European, International
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Sala Baï Hotel & Restaurant School was founded in 2002 by the French NGO Agir pour le Cambodge. The school entirely and exclusively meant for young Cambodians coming from underprivileged families. In 2015, more than 1300 young Cambodians, with a 70% priority to girls, have been trained. They have all found a job within 1 month after their one-year training. A few years later, their average salary goes from $250 to $350 which enables them to reach the emerging Cambodian middle-class. The vocational training taught at Sala Baï is definitely the fastest and most efficient way of fighting poverty and human trafficking. But without your support, nothing would be possible. By coming to our training restaurant, you already make a great difference, with the pleasure to enjoy high-quality food.
Singapore, Singapore
“Must-do in Siem Reap!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Would advise making reservations especially if you are visiting Siem Reap during the busy periods . Service friendly. There is a set lunch and a la carte menu. The food took its time coming but was worth the wait. The fish amok was the best we had in Siem Reap. The beef salad was equally good. For the kids we ordered pasta and pizza and both were fantastic - in fact the pizza was far superior to the one we had at Pizzeria on Pub Street the night before. The pizza portions were huge ( I'm not sure whether it was a mistake or they actually serve it in two plates). Our waiter forgot the drinks order - but it was easy to overlook considering that this is a training school. Did see the owner chatting up a few customers. All in all a must- visit place in Siem Reap! (To top it off its for a great cause!)

• Korean first
Banbury
“Wonderful concept, food and atmosphere AND great value for money”
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

There is something great about eating and helping at the same time
This beautiful restaurant is open at breakfast and lunch only, so don't turn up in the evening as you'll be sad to have missed it.
We were shown to our table by a very nice young woman, I had a perfect spot for watching the kitchen students. We drank long sala bai iced tea all homemade yummy
We ate super food and were looked after really well
I only gave one bit of constructive criticism, please make the restaurant a no smoking restaurant, there were 3 smokers all next to me. I smoked for 24 years so I know what its like, but please smokers can you go outside?
If I'm ever in a position to do so, I will def support the school financially or by volunteering my chefing skills

Seoul, South Korea
“Brilliant Restaurant with meaningful visit”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I went to this restaurant twice while I'm in Siem Reap. I had set menu both western and asian, they were both nice. The food was great, the most delicious meal I had in Cambodia. The staff and trainee were always friendly with smile, so I didn't recognize they were still in training!!

You can support trainees by having a great lunch here. It was really meaningful experience for me. I strongly recommend Sala Bai!!

1 Thank kwchoi414
“Strongly recommended”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

One of my friends recommended this restaurant after he visited Cambodia. I also recommend the restaurant to those who read this review.
Food tastes great, (I really enjoyed oven baked dory fish filet) staff are polite and well-educated, and the place is cosy and nice. In addition, you can enjoy supporting the trainees have opportunities for education by simply having a meal here.

Sydney, Australia
“lovely meal”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

a lovely meal served by polite and interested waiters. they were able to cater for my gluten free requirements and their lime juice drink was divine and refreshing. as we were part of a charity group, we were able to have a look upstairs and see where the students learn their craft.
best wishes Sala Bai!!!