“Shinning Angkor review”

Ranked #164 of 339 Hotels in Siem Reap
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Shinning Angkor review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

My friend and I stayed with Shinning Angkor Boutique for three nights and were very well taken care of. The first night I was unwell and they couldn't have been any more helpful and or concerned. The pool was a lovely way to wind down after the searing heat of temple trekking.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Raynor S
Vannak, Manager at Shining Angkor Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for your value time to write down your value recommendation on tripadvisor about our services and staffs. We are very happy to know that you had a fantastic stay during in our hotel and also very appreciated your review and promise to provide friendly service to you again and also our future customers. Our teams would like to thank you and hope you will come back visit Siem Reap again. On behalf of our team, i wish you have a good luck and success in life.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hotel is beautiful and well located. The room is well decorated, very clean and comfortable. The restaurant has a good breakfast and serves excellent food all day long. There is also a swimming pool (salt water) if you need to get refreshed at the end of the hot days you will surely face on Cambodia. The staff is very kind, polite and helpful. I really enjoyed the hotel and I surely recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank PHCarvalho
Las Pinas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

I am very impressed with this hotel mainly because of the friendly, helpful and courteous staff. Before our arrival, they promptly answered my inquiries and requests. they arranged everything I requested for without any glitch. It is very near Angkor Wat so we were able to catch the sunrise then returned to the hotel for our breakfast, met our guide then returned to the Angkor complex for the whole day tour of the major temples. The food served for breakfast is delicious. The rooms are spacious as well as the bathrooms. Everything is kept clean except for the curtains and the mosquito nets which are a little bit dusty. The towels are white and clean. The rooms have all the amenities of a four star hotel : hairdryer etc. The lighting though is not ideal for reading. The hotel provides free shuttle service to the airport provided it is between 7am to 7pm afterwhich the hotel will charge minimal fee to cover for drivers overtime. Likewise there is also a free shuttle service to the city center between 7am to 7pm which is about 2 km away from the hotel. It is very quiet and very ideal for relaxation, meditation or for writing.I higly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed for three nights at the Shining Angkor Boutique Hotel. As a single-female traveller I wanted somewhere that felt safe and offered services to make my trip easy.

I found that Shining Angkor delivered all of this very well. the three night two day tour package was excellent value for money and I had a lovely room with a super comfortable bed, so comfortable it was hard getting out of it in the mornings!

The food was pleasant and the breakfast was perfect for setting you up for a day of temple touring.

The hotel organised my guide, bunny, who was excellent, friendly and very knowledgeable. He also had an eye for a good photograph so helped me snap some lovely pics.
The tuk tuk driver was also very good and polite and I must say, with both him and Bunny I felt safe and entertained!

I would definitely return to this hotel.
next time I will have more spa treatments and explore more of Siem Reap's town.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Abena31
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

My family and I have just been to Siem Reap and stayed for 4 nights at Shining Angkor Boutique Hotel. We stayed in one of the family rooms which was clean,functional with wi-fi access. Room was cleaned each day and fresh towels given. Beds were very comfortable! We could have had more space being a family room and us having 2 teenage boys. Better reading lights for night time reading would be good. TV should be placed opposite beds so that everyone can see the TV. The staff were very polite and pleasant and no one tried to push tours onto us, or try to sell us stuff. They assisted us with transport to town as and when we needed and always with a friendly smile. We had breakfast each day which was good. It was very hot - 38 degrees so AC in the bedroom was much needed. Overall the hotel ticked the boxes and was good value for the money spent. Its a little out of the main hub of Siem Reap but an easy fun Tuk Tuk drive away for only 2/3 dollars!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Wurzburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

We have enjoyed every day in this beautiful hotel! Entering it (without shoes!) you leave heat and noise of outside and you can find calm and relaxation. Staff is very helpful and friendly! Short ways to Angkor temples. (we didn´t use fitness center and spa, no rating)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Siem Reap, Cambodia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed at the Shining Angkor Hotel during the month of October when the annual monsoon was winding down. It was the "low season" and I got a large room wih a balcony for an excellent rate. The bed had a wonderful mattress and I'd say it was the best bed of the several hotels I stayed in all around Cambodia. The shower was also a high point, never running out of hot water and a strong stream of water. There were three things that made this hotel a special experience for me. I spent hours out on the balcony reading and enjoying the sight, smell and sound of the late afteroon monsoon rains. I came to regard the monsoon season to be my favorite season in this beautiful land. Second was the staff at Shining Angkor. They are very friendly and eager to please without being intrusive. Lastly was the restaurant which was outstanding both for the full service breakfasts they provide, unlike the tired buffet breakfasts you find at so many hotels these days and for the quality of the items on the dinner menu. The dinner menu wasn't extensive, but the food was so good I ended up eating dinner at the hotel 17 of the 30 days I spent at the Shining Angkor Hotel. I was able to chat with the restaurant's chef and as a retired chef I was very impressed with his knowledge of Thai as well as Khmer cuisines. His Prawn Salad and several soups were real treats. His Fried Squid was outstanding. The hotel has a saltwater pool which is small but I never saw it crowded with guests. The pool was kept very clean. All in all I would highly recommend the Shining Angkor Boutique Hotel to anyone looking for value, location and friendly service.

Room Tip: It's worth spending a little more to get a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo