“Yum yum yum!!!”
Review of Angkor Palm

Angkor Palm
Ranked #321 of 875 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Asian, Cambodian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Scarborough, Australia
“Yum yum yum!!!”
Reviewed November 10, 2010

This place was fantastic- excellent food and warm service! The Fish Amok and Beef Skewers were fabulous and are highly recommended. A great introduction to Cambodian food.

1 Thank Droplet5

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Barcelona, Spain
“Don't miss it!! Best restaurant we have been in our three weeks trip around Vietnam and Cambodia”
Reviewed September 29, 2010

We loved this cozy restaurant so much that we stayed there for lunch and dinner the day after (and we have not repeated a restaurant in our three weeks honeymoon trip around Vietnam and Camboya).

We also enjoyed of a two hours long cooking lesson. I liked the delichomemade curry so much that I was sad of not being able to taste it when I went back to Spain and I asked if there was any possibility of taking a cooking lessons. And we were lucky: just three hours later we were wearing an appron.

Two cooks just for Dani and myself, who took us to the market and explained us (in an over average English) the dishes we had previously chosen with patience and attention to the details. If we thought that an ingredient could be difficult to find in our city (Barcelona), they tried to find a substitute. We cooked a starter, a tasty mango salad, the homemade green curry and a desert (banana sagoo, delicious) and all these costed 10$ per person (food included).

As the stomach is my weak point I am very concious on cleanliness when it comes to food. After following the cooking class I can tell you that the restaurant not only looks clean, it certainly is.

If after my review you have any doubt let me explain you that we had the opportunity to meet the owner, a really kind Cambodian man who has lived in Paris for more than 30 years and who grows his own (organic) vegetables. He explained us that soon he will open a cooking school (free) for teaching young people in Cambodia. Maybe having dinner there you can help more than buying to all these children selling postcards at the Angkor temples at the time they should be in school.

Hereford
“Great food at great prices”
Reviewed September 2, 2010

We stopped at the Anchor Palm because we liked the outside seating, after a long day a comfortable chair was in need of, and the chairs were indeed comfortable.

Food was great, we ended up eating here for 2 nights as we enjoyed it so much. Eating the set dinner and the famous fish Amok. Our 2nd night, The fresh spring rolls, a Chicken soup with onions and mushrooms (I do not recall the name) Eggplant and Pork, and the Vegetable noodles which were a little bland, but still very nice.

Overall for the Price, comfort and service I would say that this is an excellent restaurant,

Service was excellent, and for the price the overall

Singapore, Singapore
“lonely planet? Oh gosh!”
Reviewed June 10, 2010

U will see a big banner saying lonely planet recommended restaurant & a lovely picture of the amok set.

Well, it did get me FOOL!!!!

When the food came luke-warm, i know its the end. A right minded asian would know that for curry dishes, it must be served HOT!! or u will risk ruining your entire trip & writing review of toilets in Cambodia.

On the pricey side if u are to compare around for the restaurant of these ambiance...

1 Thank SingaporeTravelnut
Hobart, Australia
“Very Average food but good service”
Reviewed May 30, 2010

We just ate here tonight and I would agree whole heartedly with the previous poster - pretty ordinary food but it is the usual pub street prices - cheap and the service was good. Better options I think though in this area