“Best of both Worlds! This place is just... WOW.”

River Village Manor
Ranked #38 of 507 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

This place is amazing!!! RVM is truly one of the most unassuming inns in all of Siem Reap. If you have stayed, then you'll know what I'm talkin bout. If not, then I say you should!

Our family room for four was priced at 50USD per night; we stayed for four nights. At 40USD per person in a group of four, on paper you get the ff:
-Clean and Cold Split-type Airconditioning
-Two large, comfortable beds
-Cabinets and a safe
-Free breakfast (which I will expound on later) Baguettes, Egg, amazing Coffee, Fruits!
-Daily housekeeping
-Free use of 'White Bicycle' bikes
These things already make it a must-stay! The following are things no other accommodation can replicate.
-Incredibly clean isolated swimming pool

Go for the perks, stay for the amazing staff! RVM makes it a point to try their very best to cater to your requests. From the basic additional breakfast items (extra coffee, fruits, baguettes even!) to the more complicated requests such as bedding requests and late-checkouts. I think this is the reason this comes highly recommended; the basic rule is that if they can do it they will... or at the very least try to the best of their capabilities. The staff here are just special, we went during unexpected rainy season and theyd be waiting on us with umbrellas when we get back, and theyre even the ones who apologize for the terrible weather. They leave you with a warm feeling at the end of your stay simply because of their unmatched hospitality!

Late checkout when possible, free bicycles that are in great condition, cheaper tuk-tuks to town (2USD as opposed to usual 3USD) and a hearty breakfast are just some of the things they surround you with. WE LOVE THIS PLACE!

The place is outside the typical Siem Reap place, but this is often a plus as the cheaper tuk-tuks make it an even playing field in terms of distance. Being far would mean it is perfect for those that want to bike to Angkor area; this hotel will cut your distance by half!

To Sir Roy and his undeniable marvelous staff, keep at it! This is one of the last great accommodations in Siem Reap that do not overprice tourists. The local feel topped with clean rooms is a must-experience in Siem Reap!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank filipinotraveler21

Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is a great hotel. Close to everything.
The staff were great. The breakfast was good. Facilities include a roof top pool and bar.
We stayed for 4 nights and used it for a base to get to the temples. It's no more than a ten minute trip to the main Wat which was why we chose it.
I'd recommend this to everyone.
I will be staying again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Benjamin J
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights for our trip in Cambodia with my family. The staff were very accomodating. They had best smiles in Siem Reap. The Tuktuk service was great and it's like having your own private chauffuer. Honest and friendly and down-to-earth people.

Will DEFINITELY RECOMMEND this to my family and friends.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2013

my wife and me stayed here for 4 nights in August 2013, it was our 1st visit to Siem Reap. it was wonderful. Excellent service, clean rooms. Staff went extra mileage to assist us. We had a love for coconut drink and they got it ready in fridge every day when we got back from the sweaty day. I had a crave to go to waterfalls and was not in itinerary and with time constrain they arranged motorbikes. I can go on more on these but basically they have a strong desire to make us happy and give us fond memories. This IS THE PLACE to stay in Siem Reap. I strongly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Front rooms provide nice window views.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GBS_Malacca
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Me and my partner arrived after travelling for 7 months and this was the best place we stayed on our entire trip. Our parents joined us a few days later and they gave us a large room with plenty of space. We love the cosy feel of this place and the swimming pool was amazing. The newly renovated swimming pool was the perfect temperature and we all enjoyed a swim every day after visiting temples. The staff we caring, professional and extremely helpful. They organised tours for us, tuk tuks and let us borrow the bikes for free. We also received an amazing breakfast with a friendly smile every morning. They bent over backwards to ensure we had a comfortable stay and it really did make our trip special. Thank you to all the staff and we look forward to coming back. We have recommended you to all our family and friends.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank LauraKateIssell
Reviewed August 6, 2013

It was our second visit to Siem Reap and we had previously stayed at River Village Manor when it was operated by Matt. We don't normally return to the same accommodation as it is great to experience something different - but it was my birthday and I wanted no fuss - just a nice place to chill for a few days.
The property has a new manager - Roy - and to really test his influence, we stayed while he was back in Australia, leaving his local staff to fully reflect his standards of service, cleanliness and hospitality. well - Roy gets 10/10 as his staff performed to the highest standard in his absence. The property was clean, our room perfect and the staff outstanding. One even recognised me from my previous stay some 2.5 years prior.
RVM is great if you want to be away from the bustling crowds and often bothersome tuk tuk drivers.
Would I go back - certainly if I wanted a no fuss stay

Room Tip: all rooms a great
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KimBarossaAustralia
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

After reading all the great reviews about this place I decided to stay whilst in Siam reap. When you 1st arrive the place looks really nice. I was the only one staying here at the time and I was given a very small room that wasn't really that clean and the bed is not comfortable at all, The shower was wasn't great either and the water only warm. I was told I would get a complimentary breakfast included, but when I went down in the morning I was told I would only be getting a cup of coffee which isn't good as there's no where else that close to even go to. The only good thing about this place is the pool area round the back which is a great place to relax and all the staff here were very friendly and also the tuk tuk driver he was very nice to. But other than the pool and staff the place isn't really that great. I wouldn't stay here again or recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Michael N
MrRoy96, Owner at River Village Manor, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Michael. Thank you for your feedback.
I am extremely sorry that you did not find your accommodation to your satisfaction and have personally investigated the situation with each of my key staff as this type of review is extremely unusual.
As your request was for our best price room, I gave a price of $xx per night PLUS breakfast and I instructed my staff accordingly. If this caused confusion then I do apologize.
I have confirmed that the room was properly cleaned and the room prior to your arrival 8am (including hot water) was checked, as per our standard procedures, by our manager Mr Don. The staff have however acknowledged that the daily cleaning of the room was difficult due to the spread of personal items. Again I apologize if this was not up to your expectations.
All of the staff at RVM take great personal pride in the quality stay for each guest and are most disappointed that they have not been able to make your stay a happy one. We will continue to look into each one of your comments. Best regards, Roy