“excellent location and very helpful and friendly staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Prohm Roth Guesthouse

Prohm Roth Guesthouse
Ranked #156 of 499 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Frankfurt
“excellent location and very helpful and friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2009

I've been to Siem Ream on a short solo trip. I had first chosen this guesthouse because of his apparent proximity to the Pub Street area without being actually located inside this very busy area. Retrospectively I am really satisfied I did it this way ! It's only a 5 minutes walk to the busy corners of PubStreet, old market, night market but the guesthouse itself is located in a quiet side road just next to the Prohm Roth temple (just can hear some sounds from the religious ceremonies in the morning, but I found nice to listen to). My room was nice, clean, bright and equipped with a modern air condition. I guess it is difficult to find a better location in this class of accomodation.
The friendly manager and staff was very well taking care of my needs, suggesting services (like tuk-tuk to temple sunset, full-day tuk-tuk for Angkor visit, ...) or other activities at very reasonable price and without ever pushing for it. Just inspired good confidence to me.
Hope others can share my experience and feel at home at this place.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SiemReapRooms_9, Meang, Owner at Prohm Roth Guesthouse, responded to this review, November 7, 2009
Dearest valued friends & guests!

It's truly a great honor & joy for us to get to serve you, arrange your tours and be a part of your 'story lines' in visiting Siem Reap, Cambodia!
My family, our team of drivers and I will always GRATEFUL to you for supporting us, trusting in our service, sharing fun times with us and being our great friends! We do cherish all as we serve all! You know who you are. We do count all "A HEAVENLY BLESSINGS" - from the first review to the 21st one and plus the up coming ones too! All your sweet and endearing expressions are such a great tools of encouragement and endorsement of our property!
We are looking forward to seeing some of you back here and expecting more great guests like you are come over and stay with us! We miss and love you all dearly! Once again, we are forever grateful to you all for REMEMBERING us in Siem Reap!

Yours, Meang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2009

Friendly staff, great value, great rooms. I was reluctant to stay in a 'guesthouse', but Meang and family changed my mind. The rooms were large and clean.

Close to markets, eateries and shops. Meang was able to offer travel advice, and arrange guides and transportation to the many sights to see in the area.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
Vienna
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2009

Meangs Prohm Roth Guesthouse is really a shining light amongst the other guesthouses, because it adds everywhere a bit more in quality and value than the other guesthouses do...

Meang & his brothers make you feel like family and love to learn you everything about Cambodia and their culture. They know the all the good places in and around town and are happy to help you out when you need something or there is a problem showing up.

On the one hand the guesthouse is 2 walking-minutes away from the BAR-Street which makes it perfect for the evening and a good latenitedrink, but on the other hand its far enough away from the noise. so you can perfectly find rest after a good night out ;)

During my travels through southeast asia i´ve seen many guesthouses, some were good some were not... but Prohmroth stays on top of them all.

Prohmroth is not just a guesthouse, Prohmroth is Culture, Education, Family, Fun and last but not least Friends!

I will return for sure!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
amsterdam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2009

this guesthouse was actually recommended by a family member. since it is family-owned, there is a warmer and very helpful touch to an otherwise average guesthouse experience. we paid USD13 per night as it was the rainy season (not a bad period to visit since Siem Reap will then have less dust and tourists).

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2009

Stayed at the hostel for 3 days. Meang, who runs the hostel, and his family were all very kind and outgoing. The location is about a minute's walk to Pub Street if you're looking for a loud and fun night. And if you're not, the hostel is quiet and peaceful so you won't be disturbed. Meang managed to set me up with visiting an orphanage run by a friend. Had a great time with the children there and would highly recommend this place to anyone. I've been traveling for just under 3 years now and this was one of the top places I've stayed. Close to everything, saw all the city had to offer, met some great locals, and helped a few kids out. Overall a wonderful experience. Can't wait to return some day soon.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2009

This guesthouse is in the perfect location. Just close enough to the tourist attractions, but just far enough to be able to fall asleep to chirping frogs! Seriously, 2 minute walk to everything but you wouldn't even know it when you are in your room.

My experience: I came alone to the guesthouse and was warmly welcomed by the owner and his family. The first night, the owner took me out for some dinner on his motorcycle and another night I came in late and he was eating some homemade "village" food and offered to share it with me. I was so pleased with the service, cleanliness, and location of this guesthouse that I recommended it to a friend who was coming soon to Siem Reap. My friend made it but was experiencing some food sickness and spent the first day in bed. I couldn't believe it but the owner actually went out and bought her some medicine, bread, fruit, etc. and checked on here a few times throughout the day! Their desire to make sure their guests are cared for is absolutely welcomed and appreciated. I would definitely stay here again! Keep up the amazing service!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank J13Piper
Seoul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2009

I stayed here for a few days. Individual rooms were very clean and the AC worked great. Staff was very friendly and helpful. They helped me arrange a driver for Angkor Wat and recommended an itinerary. Excellent place and the room was a wonderful treat after dorms and other cramped guesthouses. Great location just down the street from the pubs and main area of town too.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo