Prohm Roth Guesthouse
1920 Hotel(Siem Reap)
Chandara's(Siem Reap)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
City River Hotel(Siem Reap)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 18, 2009

This guesthouse is in the perfect location. Just close enough to the tourist attractions, but just far enough to be able to fall asleep to chirping frogs! Seriously, 2 minute walk to everything but you wouldn't even know it when you are in your room.

My experience: I came alone to the guesthouse and was warmly welcomed by the owner and his family. The first night, the owner took me out for some dinner on his motorcycle and another night I came in late and he was eating some homemade "village" food and offered to share it with me. I was so pleased with the service, cleanliness, and location of this guesthouse that I recommended it to a friend who was coming soon to Siem Reap. My friend made it but was experiencing some food sickness and spent the first day in bed. I couldn't believe it but the owner actually went out and bought her some medicine, bread, fruit, etc. and checked on here a few times throughout the day! Their desire to make sure their guests are cared for is absolutely welcomed and appreciated. I would definitely stay here again! Keep up the amazing service!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank J13Piper
Reviewed October 16, 2009

I stayed here for a few days. Individual rooms were very clean and the AC worked great. Staff was very friendly and helpful. They helped me arrange a driver for Angkor Wat and recommended an itinerary. Excellent place and the room was a wonderful treat after dorms and other cramped guesthouses. Great location just down the street from the pubs and main area of town too.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2009

The guys of this Hostel are so friedly, I´ve never made that experience before! They made our week in Siem Reap the best of our whole 3 months trip and they´ve organized so many exicting trips for us and the best barbecue :-).
The rooms are clean, with new furniture and adaquate big. The location is PERFECT! It is in a quiet street, so you can sleep in the night if you want. But it´s also 2 Minutes to walk to the Pub STreet in Siam Reap, so the Party is really close by!!!

Everybody who don´t need any luxury hotels, but want to meet some really nice cambodian guys and want to spend his time in an excellent hostel... then you have to go to Prohm Roth Guesthouse!!!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2009

Last year I travelled through Asia and vistied 8 different countries which took me to(India,Nepal, Thailand, Lao, Cambodia, Vietnam, China, Malaysia ), as expected my journey took me through lots of fantastic places and people.... but the time I spent at Siem Reap stands out for me personally and I am sure some of my 20 other friends also have a special place reserved for Prohm Roth Guesthouse - Mr. Meang, His uncle his family and the Friends.

Me and my friends were one of the first guests for the guesthouse who just happen to accidently walk into the place out of desperation fighting off tuk-tuk drivers. However to our surprise and relief after meeting Meang , the stay which was meant to have been for 5 days ended up being 15 days and I know Meang played a Great role in ensuring we had the best time and feel so lucky and priviliged to have been part of that..

It was so special because,
* The Guest house itself is so centrally located right in the heart beat of Seam Reap city but also quietly placed within.. to be able to enjoy the peace and serenity of the beautiful city of SR...
* The facilities and tidiness are second to None.
* Price was great value for money .. I know Meang was speacially very generous to my tight budget friends :)
* Service wise I didnot feel like i was in a guest house - i felt like i was in a middle of a Five star hotel and my own home with family and friends, it was very different and special.

Most of all I was impressed by the pure Khmer hospitality extended by Meang and his friends - example, Meang helped us organise so many different activities for us.. we even had a Khmer theme BBQ in the Guest house.... so i courage travellers to go and visit Prom Roth and make it your own special Place !!!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed October 14, 2009

I stayed at this guesthouse with 6 other young travellers and on first impressions was very impressed with the cleanliness and size of the rooms and general building as well as the friendliness of the staff.

However as we stayed longer at the guest house, we experienced service beyond all expectations. The family who run the guesthouse went to every effort they could to make sure we were happy / comfortable / getting the most out of our Cambodian experience. They organised transport to the magnificent Anchor Wat Temples so that we knew we were getting a good price, and even gave us a guided tour for free of the local countryside where we got to drive around the unbeaten track and see the real Cambodia.

This was the nivcest place we stayed in the whole of South East Asia.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends