“Good staffs attitude with excellent customer service”

MotherHome Guesthouse
Ranked #57 of 489 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Good staffs attitude with excellent customer service”
Reviewed May 13, 2011

All the staffs at the guesthouse have a five star customer service. I and my friend have stay in the guesthouse for 3 nights and the service their provide surpass those of 5 star hotel service that i have experience. The staff are very patient explaining all the question that we have and very helpful with the itinerary. They spoke good English and even speak better mandarin than me.

The guesthouse tuk tuk driver drive us patiently around the town and explained the price of the items to us to avoid being cheat by the trader at the market. The tuk tuk driver also provide us with cold mineral water during our visit to the temple under the hot sun.

All i can say during my stay at Motherhome is truly wonderful without any hassle or needing to worry about the safety feature and i will definitely recommend it to any female traveler who which to visit Siem Reap without male accompanies.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Clairehooichin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed May 13, 2011

If you are about to visit Siem Reap, but you have not decided
which guest house you want to stay, then I can assure you that you
will not regret in staying in MotherHome Guest House!

I stayed in MotherHome Guest House from 1st May - 4th May, 2011.
I booked a room one year in advance back in May 2010! Why did I
book my room so early? All the great reasons are already stated by
many other guests. Top class services, reasonable room rates, clean room,
peaceful environment, dedicated, friendly & polite staffs, amazing caring owners,
Mr. Kim Leang & Mr. Yong An, plus all the GOOD things that you can imagine,
MotherHome just has all of them!

Among all of the above reasons, the major reason that touched my heart
to choose MotherHome Guest house is because the two owners would
keep on answering your questions, no matter how many questions you have.
The owners of MotherHome Guest House just take all good efforts in helping
you understand more about what you want to know. I am a very customer
service oriented person, so this kind of good customer service spirit had
touched my heart very much. That is the major reason I pre-booked my room
one year in advance, without even needing to look for any other guest house
in Siem Reap anymore!

Since many guests have left good comments about all of the above,
I would not repeat those, but I would like to highlight the tasty foods in
MotherHome Guest House.

As when we travel in Siem Reap, generally speaking, we would spend
about 3 days in Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom. The distance of this
two areas probably is about 15-20 minutes drive away from the guest house.
So, you may take your lunch somewhere near Angkor Wat or Angkor Thom.

One day, when I was back to the guest house to take a short break in
the afternoon, I ordered some traditional Cambodia foods at MotherHome's
restaurant. When I travel, I focus on two major things: To visit as many
places as I can, so that I can take more photos, and to eat as many local
foods as I can! Once I first tasted the foods at MotherHome, I was
extremely amazed by the cooking skills of the chefs. The foods were
just simply & amazingly tasty! Since then, at night and the rest of the
days' lunch and dinner, I and my family members went back to MotherHome
to eat. You all can check out the photos that I have posted.

So, if you really do not have enough time to go back to the MotherHome
Guest House in the afternoon to eat your lunch, I would greatly encourage
you all to at least take your dinner at MotherHome Guest house! They have
proper menu and varieties of foods waiting for you. Do not forget to try out
their nice cocktail - MotherHome's Sling.

If 5-Stars rating is the highest rating normally given by people, I would
personally give one more star (which is 6-Stars) to MotherHome - which
is about their foods! Once eating their foods, you can deeply know that
how serious the owners take good care of everything in the guest house.
The chefs there could cook so delicious foods for you, but the prices of
the foods are cheaper than so many restaurants out there! Can you believe
that? This is another thing which I was touched by MotherHome Guest House,
when I was eating the foods there.

I, my wife and my mother were extremely happy hanging around with the owners
and the staffs there. If Trip Advisor allows me upload more than 10 photos,
I have even more photos to show! Then, you can see how happy of us being
together with them there during our stay.

Make the right choice & you will smile. :-)

1 Thank alancheah
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed May 13, 2011

this is your typical 3 star guest house so don't expect a 5 star accomodation. but when it comes to their staff and personal service, i'd give this a 10 on a scale of 1 to 5.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I travelled with my girlfriend, my sister and her boyfriend. Everything about Motherhome Guesthouse is amazing. They pick you up from the airport (on time) by tuk-tuk. The driver drives safely.

The welcome in the hotel is overwhelmingly kind, you get a welcome drink a cold scented towel to refresh yourself with (every time you get back to the hotel), bags are carried by their staff to your room (my girlfriends bag at least) and we arrived a couple of hours before normal check-in time, but could still have access to our room and enjoy the breakfast buffet without extra charge.

The rooms are beautiful, airconditioned, spacious and very clean and every day you get free water, towels and the room is cleaned. The personell is extremely friendly and helpful. The location is great (near the city centre), the food is good and cheap (try the fresh water lobster) and you can rent free bikes whenever you like. The massages are more expensive than on the night market, but it is so worth the extra money (the back relief massage is awesome!).

My compliments to everyone at Motherhome Guesthouse. You rock!

If I ever go to Siem Reap again, there's no doubt that I will go to this guesthouse again!

1 Thank Dccdegruijter
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Stayed here for two nights and I must say I am totally impress with the room and the staff service. Although we had to wait for almost 45 mins for our tuk tuk to pick me up from the bus station due to the bus arriving early and at another bus station, I was greeted by a friendly tuk tuk driver who was all smile and apologetic.

The moment we entered the guesthouse, we were greeted by a few staffs and were given cold towel to wipe ourselves (they will give you a towel every time you head back to your room anytime in the day), a welcome scarf and pineapple juice. We were then brought up to my room on the second floor. This room was the best room i have stayed in my entire indochina trip. Lovely Laos decoration with a touch of modern design. It is also very clean and have a safe deposit box. On one of the morning, we had to leave the guesthouse at 5am for the sunrise at Angkor wat. We were very surprise and touch by the staff gesture. They had already packed our breakfast in a bag for us which also includes some cut fruits. The tuk tuk driver which we hire (the same driver who fetched us from the bus station) also prepared a cooler box with lots of cold bottled water for us .

My conclusion, for price of this room, you are getting a five star service and a room like a four star hotel. It also has the 'home' feeling. Oh, and not to mention, the in-room massage was superb great. I had it on both days as the masseur was great. Although the guesthouse is not located in the main tourist area (Pub street), you can easily take a tuk tuk to/back for USD 1-2.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Miri, Malaysia
Reviewed May 1, 2011

I would not have guess judging by the road leading to Motherhome that this would be such a comfortable and incredible accommodation. The staff were courteous, helpful and always smiling. The male staff that greeted us spoke better mandarin than me :).

The rooms were spacious, tidy and clean. Fresh towels are provided every day.

Breakfast is also provided and is a mix of Asian and Western food.

Computers with internet facilities is also provided free of charge at the lobby of the hotel. Wifi is also available each floor of the hotel. The staff will gladly provide you the wifi password upon request. There is also a hot and cold water machine at the lobby together with packets of coffee and Milo.

The location of the hotel is 5-10 minutes away from the famous Pub Street and Central Market by tuk-tuk. Remember to bargain and agree the price with the tuk-tuk driver before you hop on his tuk-tuk.

All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our trip to Siem Reap and Motherhome made us feel right at home during our stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Travelling with another couple, we spent two nights at Motherhome and wanted more! An email sent to Motherhome a week before our visit resulted in a great suggested itinerary, an early pick up from the airport and an early check in. The staff were very helpful, courteous and keen tr please and the room large, clean and comfortable.
The tuk tuk drivers organised for us did a great job, and the whole experience was exceptional value for money.
We would definitely stay here if in Siem Reap again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends