Tripadvisor
Siem Reap
All reviews treak village cooking class swim up bar outdoor shower destination dining coconut pancakes terrace room local community tuk tuk an oasis angkor wat turn down service away from the hustle and bustle temple tour hotel arranged spent nights centre of siem reap
Selected filters
Reviewed December 2, 2019

We have been here for third time now. We came here, because the Team of the hotel has been simply fantastic. Now, the hotel has been sold and some staff members were already gone in October 2019. The others really try to give their best, but I think, long term thinking, there will be a change. As there are only few guests now, the new owner seem to no more taking so much care of his guests, as it was before.
For example, Pool bar is no more as attractive, also pool chairs/umbrellas are really old and rundown and there seems to be no investment. The atmosphere is a bid "dead" and if you travel by yourself, you will fell now a bit lonely. Food is still good, but no idea, how long they will keep the chef, if less guests are coming.
Spa seems only to open, if several guests want to make a Reservation. In the past, they offered foot bath and different Services on top, as tea for your Treatment. This does not exist anymore.
I feel sad for this hotel, which has had so much charm and ambience in the past.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank Augs777
Reviewed November 18, 2019 via mobile

Booked for four days but stayed one night only and that was too long. We arrived at the hotel down a bumpy dirt red track in late afternoon to discover that we were the only guests there. A note in our villa (not during check in) advised that the hotel was cash only, no credit cards accepted. This is wholly unacceptable - I wouldn’t walk around London with $500 cash so why would I want to do that in a remote part of Siem Reap?

The reason for this inconvenience is that the hotel is under new management although you wouldn’t have thought so. The pool and villas were I guess once very nice indeed but look tired now, our bathroom could certainly do with a good spruce up.

The staff and cook that were there were pleasant and friendly, my criticism isn’t directed at them and our evening meal from the limited menu was good. But none of this could overcome the frankly creepy sense that we were alone in a hotel some distance from the centre of town. The hotel is very near a village and a lament for a recently deceased villager was being blasted out by loud speaker in the evening and early morning. Sad but hardly made the atmosphere better.

Best avoided, new management hasn’t got its act together and my bet is that it never will. Far better hotels in town.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hibee1965
Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

The location of the villas is 3.5 km away from the city, it was in the middle of the village precisely.

We were looking for a relaxing and quite hotel when without knowing, there was celebration going on in that village, so we could hear the music/praying from morning till evening.

To our surprise, the villas were not as good as in the website (room, pool, dining, spa).
So it was a little bit disappointing at the end.

The bedroom was spacious as well as the bathroom. There was also outdoor shower which was nice.

We were looking forward to spend time at the pool. Unfortunately the pool was not well maintained.

The Spa, the same thing, was not well maintained. The stains were found on top of the sheet to the t-shirt that we had to wear for the massage, not too mentioned many holes in the T-shirt, I ended up wearing my own t-shirt (since we had a Khmer traditional massage, they provided us with tshirt and pants). Also the massage room was full of mosquitos, I could not enjoy the massage since I was bitten by mosquitos and itchy every where :(

For restaurant, they have lots of menu to choose from western to Cambodia.
Breakfast was simple though.

We enjoyed the cooking class very much. It was worth to experience it.

Overall, Sojourn is a nice boutique/hotel if it was maintained properly. The staff were nice and friendly too.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fmbfuta
Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

I will definitely be back to Sojourn. The poolside villa was perfect for me — clean, comfortable, and an ideal place for relaxing.

The staff at the hotel could not have been more lovely — everyone I encountered was ready and willing to help. I booked my temple tour and village walk & talk through the hotel.

The hotel is situated a bit outside of central Siem Reap in Treak Village, which I appreciated because it provided me with a nice oasis away from the hustle and bustle. Expect about a $4/10 minute tuk-tuk to the center of town. This was very easy to arrange via the hotel as well.

The thing I love most about Sojourn is the focus on giving back to the community. The owners of Sojourn started an amazing grassroots NGO called HUSK Cambodia and the organization is doing some truly incredible work for local villages. A portion of the proceeds of your stay goes towards the charity, too! Highly recommend the village walk & talk. I was blown away hearing about HUSK and seeing their work firsthand.

The owners/staff at Sojourn have much to be proud of! Certainly looking forward to my return visit.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 23, 2019

Was really happy with my stay at Sojourn. The staff was very friendly and invited me to a wedding that I attended with them. The room was very clean, modern and really nice. I had an outdoor shower and a front patio. The food was also really great, they had laundry service and were able to provide discounted transportation for me. My only complaint is that the pool was not very clear and clean and thus I did not swim. Other than that, I would recommend this place!

• Trip type: Traveled solo