“Private Paradise”

Sojourn Boutique Villas
Ranked #29 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a lovely boutique resort that is just the right size. The rooms are spacious, clean and private and surrounded by beautifully maintained gardens. The staff are among the friendliest I have ever met and cannot do enough for you but are far from intrusive or pushy. The hotel is about a 10 minute trip from the main town but there is always a driver available to take you in and then pick you up and bring you back. The staff are very knowledgable and will chat to you happily about the local attractions, cultures and customs. They can organise day trips for you and the guide we had was amazing. I would stay here again without a second thought, it was amazing.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shell2012
There are newer reviews for Sojourn Boutique Villas

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was a bit hesitant to reserve here because I knew I would need a tuk-tuk ride to get into town. I am so glad I made the decision to stay here! In fact, the tuk-tuk was always available, it was $3 each time but it was soooo nice to be away from the city and to have some quiet time after visiting Phnom Penh the days prior. The ride to and from the city was less than 15 minutes and was alot of fun, especially at night. The staff at this hotel are exceptional. They learn your names immediately and are helpful and friendly in just the right amount. My husband and I took a cooking course they arranged and it was one of the highlights of our stay. We visited a neighboring home, looked into their kitchen and learned how they setup house, and then walked to a location where 3 wonderful ladies helped us cook a curry dish with spring rolls and a dessert. They were all delicious and I couldn't believe how easy they were to make. They also provided a quality booklet with recipes so I can make the same dishes at home. We also visited the floating villages - all arranged at the front desk the day before. This was a lengthy trip but one of the more interesting days we spent in Cambodia. Getting to the floating villages is not easy but once there you see them up close and can even stop in to see how they live. Highly recommended. Use their hotel arranged tour guides - they were excellent.

Room Tip: We chose the room with a rooftop terrace. The a/c and water was never a problem. They also have in...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Me and my husband stayed here on the first part of our honeymoon in Cambodia.
We received a warm and friendly welcome, and our villa was amazing. Beautiful and comfortable.
The food was delicious, and we always looked forward to breakfast (try the Pho).

It was a little out of the way from Siem Reap, but you could hire a taxi for the night for $5 (the whole night).

I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is a truly special place - very relaxing in a village setting. The staff are fantastically nice and attentive. The pool and gardens are really beautiful and the food - wow !! Great choices for vegetarians and very reasonably priced. We hired a tuk tuk and driver through the hotel which worked very well and was very reasonable - he took us around everywhere we wanted to go and waited for us /met up with us at appointed times and places - both in Angkor Wat and in town.

Me and my children did a half day cooker course which was great fun, at the end we were served our meal in a very atmospheric spot in a stilt house over the water just by the hotel.

An added bonus about this hotel is that some of the profits go towards the local village and they do things like training local young women from the local village in beauty therapy to work at the spa.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank smalley2013
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Perfect place and best workers and service. Nice food & cocktails in swimpool. The best option to visit the zone in 2 or 3 days. Confortable and romantic villas to desconnecting...
Thanks for 'll to Mr. Hou, a patient excellent taxi driver-excellent tourguide,... Good luck!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have stayed in many 5 star hotels and this is the best personal service I ever received. All staff remembered my name and went out of their way to talk to me and address me by name. Nothing was to much trouble, for example they even managed to get a tuk tuk within 5 minutes at 5.00am to take us for a morning tour of Angor Wat. The restaurant food is first class and the pool area very good.

As others have mentioned, it's clearly not a easy to find or central but this was more of a bonus for my needs.

I would travel to Siem Reap again specifically to stay at this hotel - excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was so pleasantly surprised by Sojourn. The hospitality was immaculate. I was a bit worried that 3 people in 1 room would be too crowded, but they made up the day bed very nicely and it was perfectly comfortable. The food in the restaurant is delicious and a huge variety. Breakfast is included every day, and the WiFi is excellent.

THE SPA! Amazing. WOW. the treatments were top notch and very reasonably priced. The spa opened a couple of years ago and employs women from the local village, training them and giving them a great place to work. Love it.

Can't say enough good things about this hotel/resort. I will definitely be going back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family