Sojourn Boutique Villas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Bunwin Residence(Siem Reap)
Advaya Residence(Siem Reap)
View Hotel
All reviewstreak villageswim up barcooking classdestination diningoutdoor showercoconut pancakeslocal villagerstuk tukcambodian cookingresponsible tourisman oasisspa treatmentsdirt roadangkor watturn down servicesiem reap townaway from the hustle and bustle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 11 nights and wish we had stayed for 11 more! The staff are and food at the hotel are both excellent and could not be faulted, although we did choose to eat in the town most evenings.
The hotel is located approximately ten-fifteen minutes tuk tuk drive from the centre of Siem Reap. The hotel has their own tuk tuk drivers on hand that will take you in and out of the town for $3.00.
Don’t bother trying to organise your tuk tuk drivers before you go as all the drivers we used were good. We used Mr Va who we found to be excellent.
The pool area was also lovely, usually very quiet as most people on days trips. I was slightly concerned to read before my trip that the pool was salt water – don’t let this put you off as I hardly noticed any difference.
Prices for the spa were very reasonable and compared well to a decent spa in the town.
The hotel supports the local community by investing some of the profits back into the local community. This should be applauded, however, my only (very slight) grumble was the information regarding the community projects was out of date. The information in the staff directory regarding the hotels objectives was for 2009. I was informed that this would be changed before I departed, however, this did not materialise.
This I felt was a real shame, as if any organisation produces objectives it would be nice to see what if any had been achieved and what the future plans / objectives would be. I felt (maybe incorrectly) that the hotel had achieved what it wanted to in the local community and hadn’t updated its blurb to reflect this. Why not trumpet any successes?
However, this would not stop me booking and staying at this hotel. I’ve stayed in some nice hotels over the years and I would put this right up there with them. This is the place to stay in Siem Reap if you want peace and quiet, but maybe not if you want to walk into the action on a night out.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank topcat1973
Reviewed February 16, 2012

LOCATION
Sojourn is in the outskirts of Siem Reap. About 10 minutes with tuk-tuk to the pub street. The hotel is placed more or less in a village making you experience the day to day life in a Cambodian village. Going for a walk early in the morning you will see monks begging for rice, children on their way to school, the farmers bringing their cattle to the fields etc. This would have been missed if stayed elsewhere.
I thought we would regret not being in the center, but it was so nice coming back to the peace and quiet after a day at the temples.

ROOM
We had an Apsara villa. Large enough for an extra bed and a roll out sofa. Still plenty of space to move around and place your luggage.
I do see a problem though if it had been the rainy season. There is no lounge or similar to hang around if it is raining. You are stuck with your villa or the restaurant.

SPA
Tried a massage and a facial. Refreshing even though I heard loud wedding music at all times.

STAFF
Wonderful!!! So professional and friendly! And very good in English.

RESTAURANT
Breakfast a la carte. Very good and plenty to chose from. Same goes for the dinner. I was so surprised by the quality and taste of everything we had being Asian or Western food! It was great as our kids did not have the energy to eat out every evening.

SERVICE
When it was announced that a wedding was being hold in the village next to the hotel, Sojourn handed out earplugs, free drinks, desserts and a leaflet explaining the issue. A wedding usually goes on for three days and loud music is played from early til late. Fortunately for us this wedding was only going on for two days :-)
For me (who had a villa away from the loudest music) this was only another interesting thing to experience, but it definitely pointed out the outstanding concern for the guests of Sojourn.

POOL AREA
Lovely after a day at the temples. Definitely the highlight for my kids (4 and 7). Pool bar with delicious fruit drinks!

GUIDES
We rented a van and guide from Sojourn. The van because we wanted a/c for the kids. The guide spoke excellent English and could answer any question asked about temples or the life of a Cambodian.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2012

It's been awhile but after going through some photos, I was compelled to come here and submit a review for this place. I visited Siem Reap back in September 2010. At the time, my friend and I were looking for some budget options and had opted for a 4 night tour and stay at Sojourn's sister hostel, The Villa. After booking at the Villa, a few days later, we got an email from them saying there was a mistake on their side, the Villa will be under renovation and they will move us to Sojourn at no extra charge. (Every poor student's dream!)

However, at the airport, my friend had a problem with her passport and could not come with me, so I showed up at Sojourn, alone and a little lost, but the staff were very helpful and reassuring. Nestled in the middle of nowhere, but only 10 mins tuk tuk away from the city area, it was peaceful and rustic, a lovely lovely place for a little solitude.

The ala-carte breakfast is two thumbs up and the tuk tuk driver I had (Mr Han) throughout my stay was awesome. He was determined I see 95% of the temples which is exactly the way I roll but the insane sun made me wave the white flag on some afternoons. I can't say I like the saltwater pool, (for the salt) but the set up was gorgeous. The staff are insanely friendly, who even greet you when they are off-duty (I met some in the city). Even the gardener greets you, awesome, but what-the-heck?

Sojourn is a wonderful place to stay, but unless you are on a strict budget, do consider their packages which you can check out on their website. It's pretty value for money and the biggest bonus for me, were the driver's service, as it is pretty out of the way, it might be cumbersome to find transport back to Sojourn at night.

All-in-all, a wonderful stay. You could also check out the Villa. While I did not stay there, they serve up a mean BBQ buffet on certain nights, washing it all down with cold cold beer. You'd really enjoy that after clambering up and down ridiculously high stone steps under a blazing sun!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I am writing this from one of the 10 small villas that make up the Sojurn.

I can't disagree with any of the comments here. The grounds are immaculate and lush, and the rooms surround a saltwater pool with a swim up bar. The staff bend over backwards to meet your every need and even get to know your name. We made some strange requests (one of us was sick) and the staff were totally unfazed .

My only concern about Sojurn are the rooms. They are ample and even feature an outside shower, however they are very stark and not to everyone's taste. The floor and entire bathroom is a poured black/grey concrete, making for a very slippery bathroom indeed. I like minimalism, but this borders on the less than comfortable.

Overall a fine hotel, if a little out of the way. Good luck!

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank davidtinney
Reviewed February 6, 2012

The staffs are really friendly and helpful. The service is wonderful. I feel free and comfortable from the moment when we meet the driver at the siem reap airport. Providing cold drinks when we get on the car, introducing the scenes and culture in details on the way to the hotel, the driver makes us get acquainted with Combodia soon. Moreover, the staffs will do their best to satisfy your need as soon as possible. The service can be qualified as 5-star level. Originally, I booked 4 nights to stay at the hotel. But something bad happened suddenly on my family and I need to check out after one night stay. Thankfully, the staffs do so much to help us for leaving in a hurry. It takes around 10 mins from hotel to down town, but don't worry, the drivers will standby at all times. Sojourn boutique villas absolutely will be my first choice when I go to siem reap next time.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family