Rambutan Resort - Siem Reap
$66
$179
$161
1,198 results
All reviewsgolden bananadeluxe villaoutdoor bathtubstone tubpub streettuk tukquiet alleyacross the riverthe salt water poolfree foot massageold marketfive minute walkan oasisrain showerangkor watnight marketprivate balcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I was picked up at the airport by a driver in a car and taken to The Golden Banana Resort, the welcome was great, with very friendly and helpful staff. The rooms surround the small but adequate pool; mine was located on the ground floor. My room had a 2nd floor with access up a stepped staircase, upstairs is a sitting room, a little sparsely furnished, a bar size fridge, a smallish TV and a nice balcony. The upstairs only has a fan for cooling so at times was quite warm.

Downstairs had an air conditioner and ceiling fan which kept the room nicely cool and the bed has a mosquito net but I did not use it or even see any mosquitoes. The bathroom was a good size, the water flow n the shower was adequate and the whole place stylish.

The room service was good but the size of the meals was a bit small for the price. The quality of the breakfast was excellent, with a good range of options.

The location is very good, close to the Old Market and Pub Street, I walked the 10minutes but you can get a tuktuk or motorbike if you want.

I organized my tuktuk driver through the front office which was the same price advertised everywhere else to explore Angkor Wat. It was good to take the tour by tuktuk, the driver was friendly but did not offer any information about Angkor Wat, which others do. The 2nd day price was different the 1st day, so make sure to ask about the prices before you go, it did not break the bank but it would be a lot nicer to have been told of the price change upfront, we all only need nice surprises.

I enjoyed my stay and it was good but the inconvenience of having to go upstairs to watch TV while usually not a problem was as the World Cup was on and it was very inconvenient. While I was there it was quiet and relaxing until the last day when a family with children arrived, now normally people are out exploring during the day but I had a rest day and the children in the pool were a bit loud, however you can’t have everything.

I caught a tuktuk to the airport and that was fine, you don’t need a car.

Overall, a good stylist boutique resort (I don’t think it is big enough to be called a resort), great friendly helpful staff, with a great location. Make sure you visit Miss Wong’s for the classiest cocktails and venue going around.

Room Tip: A ground floor room means less steep stairs
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank ChinaKent
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We recently stayed at the delightful Golden Banana Boutique Resort for a friend's 50th birthday and it was the highlight of our trip. The staff were delightfully friendly and attentive and managed our large and rowdy group always with a smile. Nothing was too much trouble. Many thansk to Tommy and the team for an amazing experience, we will be back!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank DanBuffett
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Staying at this boutique resort is easily one of the best experiences I have had for the price it offered in S.E.Asia. Fabulous decor that is carefully designed for aesthetic appeal, a very friendly staff (and very good-looking I may add), a well-maintained property overall and a great location in Siem Reap... I have personally recommended this place to many friends, especially couples as it is a quite a romantic place! Breakfast cooked-to-order is scrumptious omelettes and a fresh assortment of fruits!We stayed 4 nights at the low-season after having made a rather last-minute booking for 67 dollars a night. They arranged for our temple tours with the tuk-tuk driver - Kim Jin who is a gem of a person!
The outdoor bath-tub is a spa experience on its own after a long day at Angkor Vat in the heat ..easily the biggest unique selling point for Golden Banana Boutique! The only caveat I would offer for elderly travellers or those with very small children - is that if someone has truble in the knees - do make sure you request for a room on the ground floor as the stairs are very steep, although a room on the top has the best view of the salt pool from the outdoor tub as there is greater privacy from the top floors!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the ground floor if travelling with young children or the elderly. People with arthritis are also advised to request a room on the lower floors as the stairs are very steep!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chiteisri
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I stayed four nights here and was completely satisfied. My only regret is that I never got around to using the outside tub on my balcony! The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly, spoke excellent English and took very good care of me. My room (technically a single villa) was up a steep flight of stairs but very comfortable. The AC was a god send given the heat and humidity. Wifi connections worked great and I love the salt water swimming pool. The hotel very kindly let me check out late since I had an afternoon flight, thus allowing me one more morning to visit temples. I wish there were a few more Khmer food options for breakfast as I like to try different things, but what I did have was very tasty. Bottom line? I would stay here again in a second!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank maugham1
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This boutique resort was surely the nicest place we stayed in SE Asia but we did pay a bit more for it. We paid about $66/night during June/low season as opposed to our usual $40/night budget. The place was so beautiful though, it reminded me of one of my favorite hotels back in California where I live that is 4x as expensive. Beautiful flowers & trees all over the property, a beautiful pool, private balcony with outdoor bath tub (!!!). Amazing location, literally across the street from the Art Center market, walking distance to Old Market, Night Market & Pub Street. I am absolutely sure you will enjoy your stay here. One thing is that the hotel is gay friendly. I stayed here with my boyfriend & of course this was in no way an issue as both heterosexuals & homosexuals do stay here, but just a heads up for anyone who is unfortunately intolerant to diversity. Golden Banana Resort is a beautiful, must-stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple