“What more can I add that hasn't already been said?”

Rambutan Resort - Siem Reap
Ranked #35 of 342 Hotels in Siem Reap
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“What more can I add that hasn't already been said?”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed in the Lilac room, which was lovely, with a bathtub outside (which we didn't use) and a wonderful shower and comfortable bed. Every one of the staff we dealt with were lovely. The breakfast, although simple, was the best we had in our three week southeast Asia trip. I also had a massage there, which was fabulous. The only downside, if there was one, was the pool was so crowded, there was no where for us to sit. Needless to say, we didn't get an opportunity to enjoy it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Just off a 3 day stay at GB and was very happy with quality of room, staff, location and food. Just steps away from the night market, this courtyard style property with a great pool serves as an oasis of quiet in a bustling city. Within walking distance of the day and night markets and 'Pub Street'. Staff was very helpful and assisted in arranging a great guide and driver. We stayed in the Eucalyptus or E room. Loads of space, good wash room with great shower and the benefit of a private upper deck with outdoor tub and shower. Nice pool in the courtyard. Great breakfast included, food available all day and good quality. We are repeat travellers to Asia and found this to be a great value for your dollar. While there suggest you try a meal at Noodles on Pub Street - great food and value - and the coconut ice cream at the Blue Pumpkin.

Room Tip: The poolside rooms are large and many offer an upper private deck with outdoor tub and shower.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chutski
Minneapolis, Mn U.S.A.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

First off let me say I rarely write reviews because I ask myself is this for real. Well this is for real and I'm proud to write up my experience at the Golden Banana resort. It was amazing. The location (walking distance to everything in town) and amenities are 5 star but what made my stay the best was the staff!! The staff is fantastic! They go way beyond for the guest. I was there during high season January 7th - 10th 2013 and I couldn't tell. I was treated so VIP I felt like the place was all mine even though I knew all the rooms were taken. I met my guide every morning in the lobby for a full day of touring the masterpiece ruins and then dropped back where I could relax and enjoy the pool. My room was big, clean, quiet, and beautiful. My balcony overlooked the pool and had a bathtub. A great touch that I enjoyed. The food at the hotel was really, really good. I had dinner there twice. A real Cambodian meal which was important to me. it rivaled Viroth's restaurant which I also enjoyed. I also used the spa services and the professional massage I received was the best while on a month holiday. When I did leave it was hard to go because the staff had become my friends. I will be back soon and I WILL stay again at the Golden Banana. It made me feel at home while being thousands of miles away and alone. This was a trip highlight for me that I will never forget. I can't say enough.

Room Tip: My room had a bathtub out on the balcony that was a nice touch.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank kmike612
Oakland, California
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is my favorite place to stay in Siem Reap. Lovely, small, boutique hotel. Very charming and relaxing. Great location - short walk to the river and Old Market. The best part of the Golden Banana is the wonderful staff -- warm, welcoming, super friendly and helpful. (Sovanna and Yuth are the best!) They can make arrangements with tried & trusted tuk-tuk and car drivers for your tour of the sights. The rooms are simple, but very comfortable with balconies (with fun outdoor showers) overlooking the pool. Never feels crowded. But also never feels boring. It’s just right. This place also has delicious food. The restaurant looks unassuming, but it serves up some of the tastiest food in town. I can't wait to come back.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PeanutButters
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Golden Banana is a great boutique hotel experience, one I have been searching for quite some time. We only spent 2 nights here, but had spent 4 nights at another 'boutique hotel' in Siem Reap the week before. The Golden Banana was one of the highlights of our trip.
This is a well run hotel, all the staff seem happy and it's the only hotel we stayed at in Laos, Cambodia and Singapore, where someone sat us down and provided us with all the information we needed about the hotel and the location.
The fact that visitors stayed around the hotel, at the pool and bar, is testimony to the feel good atmosphere of this place.
The outside bath is a nice touch, but we didn't really have the level of privacy we needed to make use of it, nor the time.
The way the rooms and buildings look out over the pool gives you a very secure sense. Also, the location of the Golden Banana across the river is a definite draw card and gives you a totally different - village - feeling of Siem Reap we didn't get before.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rita C
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Four friends stayed in the Golden Banana for four days and loved it. It is right in Siemp Reap and close to restaurants and shops, but located in a quiet area. The staff were all welcoming and helpful, and the rooms were great. Two of us had a room with a tub on the balcony overlooking the pool, and the other two share a duplex suite. We had a package which included breakfast every day, a lunch, a dinner, massages, transfers to the airport, and a tuk-tuk driver for two days -- for a very reasonable price. The salt water pool was most refreshing after a long day of temple hopping. I couldn't imagine staying in one of the cookie cutter hotels on the road to the airport. The only downside -- my friends' room was in the other Golden Banana property, which was next to a "party hotel," so noise was sometimes an issue for them.

Room Tip: The pancakes at breakfast are the best that I've ever had!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Had one of our best holidays ever and in large part due to our experience of the GB. We stayed 9 nights and so didn't want to leave. The diametric opposite experience of staying at an anodyne hotel as the size and the welcome you receive makes you feel one the family. The staff were simply great and Tommy, the GM, went out if his way to ensure everyone was comfortable especially when challenged with the occasional electricity outage - no fault of the GB. The rooms were extremely comfortable and the bar and restaurant area encouraged easy mixing. We started off most nights with a beer at the bar served by the congenial and professional Mr Lee, the cheeky Mr Hong and cameo appearances by the celebrity chef Mr Mengly. We can't wait to go back and may well try the new start-up in Phnon Penh, the Rambutan, next year. A terrific experience all round.

• Stayed January 2013