Rambutan Resort - Siem Reap
$162
$85
$57
$51
Golden Temple Hotel(Siem Reap)
$47
$31
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
1,201 results
All reviewsgolden bananadeluxe villaoutdoor bathtubstone tubpub streettuk tukquiet alleyacross the riverthe salt water poolfree foot massageold marketfive minute walkan oasisrain showerangkor watnight marketprivate balcony
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay. Located in a residential neighborhood just a few steps to old market and Siem reap. They take master and visa, which is a big deal since most no where does here. So you can save you cash. Tommy, the manager, does an excellent job to make sure you have a wonderful stay and has lots of great recommendations.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank Yogaswim80
Reviewed November 22, 2012

First impression was "dire". The dog mess that I stepped in outside reception should have been a big give away. The cockroach that crawled up my leg during breakfast should have had me running to the hills (if there were any) .... finally, the parasite that I came home with was the final straw. I'm not sure where the parasite came from so I won't blame the GB. That said, the staff are lovely but I wouldn't go near the place again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank CCFCGirl
worldtraveller062, General Manager at Rambutan Resort - Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Dear CCFCGirl,

Thank you for taking your time writing a review, all comments positive or negative are helping us to improve our future services.
It is unclear where you exactly stayed, there are two different Golden Banana’s, one the B&B with room rates between 25 and 40 USD locally owned, and the other one is the Resort with room rates around 90USD which is the one we own and manage.
We are located in a nicely paved pedestrian alley in a quiet residential area on walking distance from the city center.
This creates a very unique local atmosphere which distinguish us from many other properties and is also one of the reasons why people want to stay with us again.
We cannot hide the fact there are some neighbor dogs around who can once and a while leave a small ‘present’ behind.
Maybe on the moment you walked in the alley our staff wasn’t fast enough to take it away before you stepped in it. But this seems rather uncommon.
Regarding the “small animal” that welcomed you during breakfast; again I think it is quiet unlikely this took place at the Resort because I haven’t seen an intruder like that for a long time because every two weeks we have a professional company who treats all our outdoor area’s to prevent the visit of those and other unwelcome “small animals”.
About the parasite you took back home as an unexpected souvenir, that is indeed one of the risk you are facing traveling in South East Asia, this can even happen in other parts of the world and is very difficult to trace, so we are very happy you where fair and didn’t blame us for it.
Anyway, if you plan to come back to Siem Reap we hope this time you will book a room at the Resort instead of the other place where you wrote this review about, so you can experience yourself our place is not ‘dire’ at all and realize (unfortunately for us) you posted your review on the wrong place which can cause some serious confusions with the Tripadvisor readers.

With warm regards,
Tommy

Reviewed October 27, 2012

From the moment we arrived to the moment we departed we were greeted with smiles and a very friendly service. It is located down a dirt road, tucked down a side alley (banana alley) with a short walking distance to the markets and Bar street, I wouldnt bother getting a tuk tuk as it is so close 2 to 5 minute walk. I would recommend the tuk tuk drivers arranged through the resort as they are really friendly and you dont need to haggle prices (though we gave generous tips directly to the drivers) The owner is amazing, attentative, he arranged for a hairdresser for one of our group, organised flights and personally delivered our bags to our van when we were leaving. Most of the staff speak english very well and engage in conversation to improve their skills. I have stayed in many nice hotels, and nothing compares when it comes to the service. I'd prefer this intimate attentative setting rather than a glitzy hotel. We stayed in the deluxe room which is two floors. The top floor has a large seating area with a private bath and shower (AMAZING!) All in all I highly recommend staying here, I just wished we had stayed longer, ah well at least I hope whoever reads this decides too!

Room Tip: If you want space id go for the deluxe rooms, but most of the rooms are the same size, if you have children or are elderly I'd ask for a ground floor room as the steps to the upper rooms are quite steep.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank n0rthl1ght
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Now I have to say I'm quite a picky guest when it comes to staying at resorts... The Golden Banana blew me away with their impeccable service, greeted by the manager upon check in and he is a lovely guy, he is concerned about your comfort and regularly walks by and engages you to see how you are in a friendly and social manner. The staff are wonderful, they all speak english well, and are even sent to english lessons as part of their employment at the GB (To be honest, I felt terrible that I couldnt speak Khmer back..I tried and it was always met with a smile). GB is gay friendly, I felt comfortable holding my partners hand in public and being affectionate (respectfully so in public..) We met another gay couple who brough their children and they looked lke they were having ball! Everyone looked relaxed and interacted with each other, you dont have to however the warm and welcoming environment provided by the GB seemed to bring out everyones social side. Everyone is included, just the way it should be :o)

The rooms are stylish and clean, I didn't want to leave! My partner and I stayed in the delux room which we highly recommend. Now I'm a little insect phobic, I did not see one little creature except for those cute geko's which are your friend (They eat the bugs) and look totally cute whilst doing it. The private bath located on our private upper deck was gorgeous, and provided a romatic setting for some private time with the other half :o)

We can not wait to return to Siem Reap and the Golden Banana, I rate this a 5 star resort which is deserves through and through. Well Done guys and thank you for a stay like no other.

From the bottom of ours hearts thank you for an amazing experience, one never to be forgotten, Siem Reap is a magical place, so you need a magical place like GB to complement its charms.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ben F
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Loved this place so much that I didn't want to leave! The staff were so friendly and absolutely amazing and went out of their way in every way. Rooms were clean spacious and quiet. The food was lovely and only a short walk to the markets and pub street making this resort a perfect pick for our stay in Siem Reap. Will be back for sure!!!

• Stayed: September 2012