“Amazing Khmer cuisine ”

Meric Khchei Khmer Cuisine
Ranked #10 of 1,238 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Description: Meric Khchei Khmer Cuisine Menu will be inspired by the traditional Khmer food and used the freshness of the herbs, vegetables, from the local family garden and local market. We be able to a doubt to your food dietary and restriction (Gluten Free, Seafood, Diabetic, nuts, Dairy products, Region diet,...) as we had trained well about food nutrient by the professional school. Meric Khchei it means the famous type of pepper from Kampot province. Fish and seafood from Sihanouk ville, Mekong and Tonle Sap lake. The special of Meric Khchei Khmer Cuisine is own by Chef Ratana. Payment accepted: USD $, Khmer Real Cash, Visa, Master, Union Pay, Discover, Diners Club, JCB, Pi pay, Ali pay, We chart Pay,
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The place is tastefully furnished. There is no aircon but it’s still cooling inside the restaurant as there is a lovely garden from the gate to the front of the house. Service staff are warm and attentive. We had just 2 dishes -char kroeung chicken and seafood fried rice. The prices are on the high side -$7.50 for char kroeung and $7 for fried rice. But the serving is generous full of Fresh ingredients and super tasty. We were taken back by the prices initially to be honest, but it’s worth every cent. Chef used generous amount of Chicken in the char kroeung, and seafood in the fried rice. The restaurant also serve other more exotic and authentic Khmer cuisine for those with more adventurous taste buds- like pig ear salad and a dish with tree ants.
There is a 5% service charge here as the proceeds will be used to train more local chefs. The owner is a highly trained and experienced executive chef himself.
Despite the higher price point, I totally would recommend this place !

1  Thank antoniatan

Reviewed June 10, 2019 via mobile

On holiday weekend I have eaten dinner at Meric Khchei restaurant. It just a small place but very good chef I had ordered a glass of Mai Tai and my friends had some beers. Yummy the foods were amazing indeed I can’t wait to eat again soon.

2  Thank Dee P
Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

My friend and I had dinner here on a recent trip to Siem Reap. It was my second visit as I was here back in February when they opened. The food was amazing then and I was quite impressed with the service and the atmosphere which is why we chose to come again.. I was certainly not disappointed.. from the warm greeting at the door to the offer of a desert by our host, the owner, was perfect in every way.. We chose the beef lok lak with a side of Stir fried vegetables. Our starter was the Spring rolls... which we thought the best we had had on our 3 week trip to South East Asia.. From beginning to end our dinner was amazing. The staff is very attentive and the owner is readily visible to make sure your food is prepared to your liking and to accept any feedback you may offer.

I have eaten in many restaurants in Siem Reap and believe that Meric Khchei is the best restaurant in town. Hands down some of the best food I ate while in Cambodia. I will certainly be going back again in February on my next trip to Siem Reap..

Wonderful flavor profiles, impeccable service and top quality ingredients make for a foodie trifecta...

Great Job!!

1  Thank IowaOutfitter
Reviewed June 5, 2019

We were met at the restaurant entrance by the chef and owner Ratana and warmly welcomed. The food was delicious, the atmosphere calm and relaxing and the staff very friendly. We enjoyed our evening so much we returned another two times in the space of a few days. If you want to taste Khmer cuisine (recommend the beef look lak and fish amok ) in a quiet, relaxing and spotlessly clean restaurant make sure to put Meric Khchei on your list of of restaurants when in Siem Reap. Thanks Ratana, look forward to calling in when we are in Siem Reap again next year.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed June 2, 2019 via mobile

We had a great fine dining experience, excellent Khmer food with a twist. Very kind hosts! I highly recommend this place!

1  Thank T9352AJevak