“"They take their name very seriously at Smiling!"”

Smiling Hotel & Spa
Ranked #262 of 358 Hotels in Siem Reap
Hanoi
“"They take their name very seriously at Smiling!"”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Backpackers will want to stay closer to Pub Street and honeymooners will want something more luxurious but for budget travelers -- including those of us who are 'women of a certain age' and travelling alone -- this place is perfect! It's about 15 minutes by tuk tuk from either the entrance to Angkor Wat or the restaurants in town. I chose it because it has a spa and its own restaurant. The spa was very convenient of course, but it turns out no one who stays here eats here, and I dined alone the first night. On the other hand, there's a great and plentiful breakfast buffet served next to the pool. The rooms are very nice -- mine had a balcony -- and the prices of massages and rooms are extremely good value.

But what set the Smiling apart for me was the staff. Their effusive greetings actually seemed genuine and they consistently (and happily) went out of their way to be of service: when my old laptop couldn't pick up wifi, they changed my room and moved my things -- with no fuss -- to one closer to the modem. Seriously. They arranged a tuk tuk driver for me who followed my itinerary to the temples I wanted to see, a guide for the day I decided at the last minute that I needed one, massages at the times I asked, and a second tuk tuk driver to take me into town for dinner. They gave me good information no matter how many questions I asked -- and they kept on SMILING!
I haven't had service like that since the good ole days when I could go four-star!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
9 Thank MAChanoi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I had a wonderful stay at this hotel. Me and my colleague, stayed at Smiling Hotel from August 11 until Augut 16. It was truly unforgettable meeting all their staff. they were very kind and hospitable. with all the smiles and i felt very much welcome in their hotel.

The Cafe was one of my favorite place in the hotel. The customer service there was splendid! i enjoyed the food, service and all staff are friendly. The food was trukly great here. i love it! i can\'t help but commend on this.

The Sales Manager - Mr. Kakada is so friendly as well as Ms. Houch. I will never forget my stay here it was my pelasure to have met all of you.

I recommend anyone who want to travel in Cambodia to book this Hotel! You gotta try it, to know it! :)

Room Tip: You must be very adventurous and a nature lover to appreciate this country has to offer.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
8 Thank Maha_Mutya
New Delhi, India
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I originally booked 2 nights here, but after the first night, we loved it so much I booked a 3rd night! For a really special time, I booked the Junior Suite, a HUGE room, 2 nice beds, and a big, 2 person Jacuzzi, for a great romantic evening. I do plan on returning to Siem Reap, a very nice city, and will, of course, stay here again.

Room Tip: try to book the Junior Suite! It's great!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank madmax888
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed May 12, 2011

The hotel is very great with value money, the friendly staff at the reception including bell boy. Housekeeping staff is friendly smile the same as the name of the hotel. For the room is perfect becasue we get the upgrade toom to Suite room from Asiarooms. Bathroom we have enjoyable with the shower bath with the music, spa and massage in the bath. My husband really enjoyable and relax with the big living space but one thing that my husband would like to suggestion for the TV in room is really small and old is not match with the big living room. All facilities, like a swimming pool is perfect, have jacussi in pool we enjoy for that.

Room Tip: I think the Superior Room is fine
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank lan1949
Melaka, Malaysia
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I like the environment. The hotel foyer is quite spacious, the rooms are comfortable and also spacious. The amenities are adequate, there is a swimming pool located at the courtyard at the rear of the hotel, so it is pleasantly away from heavy human traffic. The gym and spa is near the pool. The service providers from the receptionist to the chambermaids are polite and helpful, and always cheerful and smiling of course.

Room Tip: Breakfast is part of the stay.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Travel-i-tales
Attleborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 21, 2011

We booked this hotel online via ebookers and paid about £20 per night as it was a special promotion, it looked nice on the website, but then don't they all!! Whe we got there were were pleasantly surprised and if anything the staff were almost over attentive as we are not used to this level of service. We ate in the restaurant, which, for a hotel of this level was very reasonable and apart from my pork being overcooked it was very tasty and we got free spring rolls to start which was a really nice touch. We got a free upgrade to a junior suite which I would imagine is not that much bigger than a std double, but was lovely and it was also very clean, the beds are very nice if a little firm.

We hired a Tuk Tuk for 3 days to see the Temples and Mr Vuty was our driver, at $15 per day this is a bargain and he is superb. He brought with him bottles of water for us in his little cool box and even little bananas too. If you get the chance ask for Mr Vuty, lovely Guy and a very safe driver too.

Overall this hotel was fantastic value for money, not sure what it's like when it gets busy, but I would recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank birchie83
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed December 20, 2010

Wonderful hotel. Good roomd. Nice swimmingo pool. Nice staff. Good breakfast. You can rent one day tuk-tuk from US$ 15. You will enjoy your stay in Siem Reap.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple