“Great value”
Review of My Home Cambodia

My Home Cambodia
Ranked #122 of 313 Specialty Lodging in Siem Reap
Reviewed December 18, 2013

This was an incredible value compared to other places we have stayed for a similar price. The nicest feature is a big,, clean pool in a secluded area behind the hotel with lounge chairs, so it has a resort feel even though it has a budget price. The pool was great for relaxing after seeing the temples! It even has a bar to order drinks or food right at the pool. The hotel has a restaurant surrounded by a garden, so it feels secluded even though it's off of a busy street in Siem Reap. The breakfast included with the room was also much more than a typical basic breakfast, with the option to get eggs prepared several different ways with toast and coffee or tea. The rooms are cleaned everyday and 2 small bottles of water are provided each day. They also have TVs with cable channels, decent sized washrooms, wardrobe, and desk. Wifi is available at the pool, restaurant, lobby, and sometimes in the room and there are also computers to use in the lobby area - and we were even able to print out some travel documents for free which was nice.

The staff were all very friendly and professional.

The only downside might be that it is not right downtown, but it is a pretty quick walk (about 10 minutes from Pub Street) or you could take a tuk tuk.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carolyn M
Ratana5793, Manager at My Home Cambodia, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Carolyn M,

Warmest greetings from My Home Cambodia,

Thank you very much for taking your valued time to leave a comment following your recent stay at My Home Cambodia.

On behalf of management and team at My Home Cambodia, we are so delighted to hear that you had enjoyed with our facilities and hospitality . We are very much appreciated and looking forward to having a pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.

Very best regards,
Ratana

Reviewed December 9, 2013

This was the first place I stayed after being in a rural Orphanage in Siem Reap in Cambodia. As you can imagine I hadn't been staying the most luxurios of places. When arriving here I thought I had died and gone to heaven! We were welcomed with cold towels and a cold glass of water, the staff were lovely and very helpful throughout our stay.
The place was spotless, our rooms were cleaned every day. The pool was also lovely, and here they supply a laundry service and massages! Which I did both. The food was nice and reasonably priced. Also breakfast was included in our stay. I think we payed around $10 a night for a twin room.
I would definately stay here again, as it is out the way of the noisey streets and is a lovely, relaxed hotel for only around £7.50 a night for two people with breakfast!

Room Tip: There are a few flights of stairs so maybe ask for a lower floor if you dont fancy the treck
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tilly L
Ratana5793, Manager at My Home Cambodia, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Tilly_little,

Warmest greetings from My Home Cambodia,

Very best regards,
Ratana

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We booked our hotel late in Siem Ream and as a result- didn't get where we would have liked and instead stayed here.
It is very clean, with a very clean pool that is was warm from being in the sun all day. Rooms are cleaned daily and there is free water and pick-up from the bus/ airport etc. One odd thing was the hotel playing music right outside our room from about 7am. Annoying but happened two days of 6 only.
The breakfast is nice but expect to pay an extra 50c if you want milk in your coffee or tea. Didn't bother me particularly, I just think it should come with your tea or coffee as standard! We found the breakfast to be of a sufficient size to last us until lunchtime but with little variety (omelette and roll everyday!).
It is about a 10 minute walk into town (we had wanted to stay closer) but actually it was not too bad.
We only ate here once (other than breakfast) and although MUCH cheaper than eating in the main town, the food was very average and we wouldn't have repeated the experience.

We did use a tuk-tuk driver (Ly Heng) from the hotel for visiting the temples and he was OK although probably a bit overpriced. Without knowing the area its impossible to know whether you are getting value for money though!
He borrowed money from us for petrol and when we took a sunrise trip he changed the price once we got to the park- very annoying! If that had not been our last day I would not have used him again and don't really recommend him.

The staff NEVER had change. You literally could not buy a bottle of water with a $5 note. Don't worry though, go across the road where its cheaper and they have change all the time.
Finally, unlike everywhere else we stayed, you had to pay everything as you went- no adding beer or water to the room. This is fine but slightly irritating if you want to pay for everything by credit card (and they don't have any change when you do want to buy something!)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ratana5793, Manager at My Home Cambodia, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear Cazza900,

We sincere apology for the music which annoyed you in the morning.

To clear up any misunderstanding about the breakfast. As you seen in the menu, our hostel offer only some item in the menu which included with accommodation. We are not the 4 star or 5 star hotel, so our breakfast is not the most variety as your thinking.

For the Tuk Tuk Driver, their task is starting from 6AM to 5PM . If you prefer to see sunrise our driver will charge you more than normal price (3$ or 5$ more).

Its really much concerned with me when you mentioned that our staff haven’t change even 5$ note.
Actually, we can go the change the money outside for you if you can wait.

We highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do and The Hostel is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable.

It is our goal to retain you as a satisfy customer and we hope that we can serve you again in the near future.

best regards,
ratana

Reviewed November 10, 2013

this place was very nice and welcoming. airport pickup on time, small garden restaurant with good food variety, clean and the pool, the POOL. we were planned to stay for 5 nights and stayed for 7 due to an accident to my fellow traveler. it is far from the loud traffic but a 5 min walk to downtown so ideal combination. i heard that you can rent bikes for free too until sunset but ddnt take advantage of that. and no carefew!

i paid 20$ per night for a room with one double bed and one single, and made good use of the restaurant since my friend could not move a lot and the service was impeccable.

all in all very enjoyable stay and if i ever get to Siem Reap again i would definitly stay there

Room Tip: - take a room with a window -find a do not disturb sign from somewhere since if you oversleep then...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is a really nice place. We stayed in a double room with AC for $18. The room was decent sized, clean, but had a bit of a musty smell (ground floor room).
The staff here are very good, meals are not too bad and reasonable here too.
The highlight though has to be the swimming pool. Its a really nice one, with some ornate features, reclining chairs surround it. We had it to ourselves one night too..
Location is pretty good too, a 10 min walk to the bustle of the town, so its quiet here at night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

I am a 35 year old budget traveller an my expectations include cleanliness, friendliness and getting what you ask for.
The hotel sent a tuk tuk driver by the name of Ly Heng to greet us at the airport. He was friendly and an an excellent driver. So much so that we hired him for the next three days to take us around the temples!
The hotel staff was friendly and we paid a great price of $20 per night. Upon arrival, we were disappointed to find that the room had two twins and not a double a requested. No other rooms were available. The staff changed rooms for us the next day which was great.
The pool was a welcome refuge in the heat of the afternoon with bar side service. The pool was clean and staff servicing the bar were great.
The breakfast was a good start but we did add to it each morning as it was a bit small. However for only $2.50, we complimented our breakfast with a delicious fruit and yogurt plate.
The lighting in the bathroom was a bit poor and an extra roll of tissue paper in the room would have been nice. One of our pillows was lumpy but my hubby is stubborn and didn't go ask for a different one.
Overall, I was very happy with the staff and the accommodations. Our tuk tuk driver Ly was icing on the cake! He always greeted us with a smile and, when at the temples a cold drink and a great story about himself, his family or his experience in Cambodia.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed in this guesthouse 4 nights. When we came, we didn't expect much, cause the price was really good. We got a nice room, which was clean and they cleaned it every day. The swimming pool is pretty big and clean. The breakfast is really nice and we liked other meals too. The prices for the food and drinks are good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple