“It's a cozy stay!”
Review of My Home Cambodia

My Home Cambodia
Ranked #110 of 292 Specialty Lodging in Siem Reap
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Spent 4 nights in this cozy home..., yes, it's feels simple, ordinary cheap hotel. And despite this it is still great located, cheap & with pool hotel. Anyway, if you are in Siem Reap - you are chasing the temples & the pool after the hunt is the winner! Do not expect miracles, but considering the price it is very good choice! And the Tuk Tuk drivers are superb! Most important - if you booked online & agreed on something - it will happen (at least it happen to me).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Paulius T
MYHOMEGUESTHOUSE45, Manager at My Home Cambodia, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Paulius

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am very pleased to note that you highly appreciated the hotel's convenient location, pool facilities and Tuk Tuk driver.

I will be sure to share all of your feedback with the team here at the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon to My Home Tropical Garden Villa.

Thanks and Alll wishes. Sonan (Mr)

There are newer reviews for My Home Cambodia

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Nice and big room BUT awful matress and small and dirty bathroom (moisture). AC sound like a lawn mower, and black and white screen tv!!!
very light breakfast... especially if you are going to Angkor for all day.
staff sometimes nice (depend of the person) ('bad jokes')
a little bit far from the center
we just enjoyed the pool!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
MYHOMEGUESTHOUSE45, Manager at My Home Cambodia, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear Matt

Thank you for your recent review of our property .I am surprised by the awful mattress commented, as we had washing it before take it onto our guests using and also the dirty bathroom. That being said, I will have our Executive housekeeper and her team check mattresses and each of our in room to issuer what you were mentioned and report any deficiencies immediately. And also I certainly apologize for AC sound like a lawn mower and black and white screens TV. As I will discussing the issue with our Maintenance manager today and to finding the problem that your experienced, and can assure we will be taking steps to make sure all units are working to optimum efficiency. I very much appreciated for your enjoyable with our swimming pool and we hope that you will give us another chance to have you as our guest. Thanks and All wishes ! Sonan (Mr)

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Spent two nights here prior to joining family in a villa. Large hotel but managed to display intimacy and all staff super friendly.
From check in to check out nothing was too much trouble, ate in the bar area which was excellent and also breakfast good with super service. Had to pay for car parking but got free Wi-Fi and did not pay the "resort fee" but maybe our travel agent did. highly recommended, great service!

Room Tip: you choose higher rooms are better views
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
MYHOMEGUESTHOUSE45, Manager at My Home Cambodia, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Castellon de la Plana

Thank you very much for your review and your compliments for the fast check in and friendliness of our team members. You are right we are free Wi-Fi in room restaurant and swimming pool area. And also we have never sold our car parking such views. If your travel agent sold you I would appreciate if you can let me know more details how you booked as we would like to make sure that our facilities are sold correctly to our guests, you can reach me at info@myhomecambodia.com
We thank you for recommending joined a family in My Home Tropical Garden Villa, and hope to welcome you back be next visit.

Thanks and All wishes. Sonan (Mr)

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were staying in Siem Reap for 4 nights and I must say: arriving in this hostel was not our best experience in Cambodia.
We were staying our first night in room number 4 and we were disappointed: the room was clean but there was some smelling (like a room which was not well aired).
The shower was working bad (almost no water coming out).
When we mentioned this to the staff, they changed the shower head and proposed us another room the day after (for the rest of our stay).
Room was great now (for this price).
We were very pleased that the staff always tried to make you happy!
It is a bit a pitty the restaurant (where breakfast is served) is at the street side so it is not a quiet place to enjoy the meal.
Maybe that would be better at the back side of the hostel?

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Roosdaal,

Thank you for your feedback and your good compliments for our staffs. We will look into the room number 004 you was stayed and ensure our maintenance is up to standards expected, and i very appreciated that our staffs was mad you enjoyable for another room. This is surely i will share what you maintain positives and negatives to our team.
Please do not hesitate to let us know if we can be of help or assistance for a next visit.

All wishes. Sonan (Mr)

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My Home Guest House was a fantastic place to stay. The staff were excellent, the food superb, the pool a refreshing treat after a day out, and all within walking distance of Pub Street and downtown generally. Like the previous poster said, I can't understand the negative comments some have written about this place. Maybe those people should just stay home, they just cannot be pleased. Everyone should see Angkor once in there lives, it was awesome. I too used there Tuk Tuk driver alot, he was great, new everywhere and extremely patient. I am going back again next year and without a doubt will stay here. The fruit shake they make is the best I have ever had and they were kind enough to show me how they made it. A big thankyou to the staff, see you soon ... Barry

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
MYHOMEGUESTHOUSE45, Manager at My Home Cambodia, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Barry

THANKS YOU for sharing your '5/5' review! I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience at My Home Tropical Garden Villa, and your very positive comments with regards the service, the staff, swimming pool ,the wine list and the quality of the food are all very much appreciated. And also our Tuk Tuk driver that he had very much takes care, as i will make sure to share your feedback to all of themes and I am sure they will all be equally pleased!

Please stay in touch let us know how we can help! And we are very much looking forward to seeing you all back again for trip next year!

All Best ! Sonan (Mr)

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed at My Home for 4 nights in order to spend 3 days at the Anghor Wat temple area. We were met at the airport free of charge by Ly Heng who turned out to be the most polite and efficient tuk tuk driver for My Home that we have met so far in our travels. Our stay at My Home was a journey of friendly staff who helped to make our stay easy, a clean room with ensuite that was serviced daily, great food at the restaurant/bar and our tuk tuk driver Ly, who continued to provide friendly and thoughtful service throughout our stay. We absolutely recommend My Home to be the top guesthouse in Siem Reap and thank them for all they did to make our stay unforgettable. The temples were amazing too! And well worth staying around for the three day pass.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark and Di D
MYHOMEGUESTHOUSE45, Manager at My Home Cambodia, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Mark and Di D

Thank you for your very kind and detailed review and I am really pleased that your first experience with us, on your friend's recommendation, has been such an enjoyable one! Your feedback with regards the cleanliness and comfort of the guest rooms, the quality of the room service, a great food at the restaurant/bar and our Tuk Tuk driver Ly , I particular, the friendliness of the staff throughout the hotel is very much appreciated and I will share your comments with all concerned.
I hope that you will have the opportunity to return and stay with us again. Please stay in touch and let us know how we can help!

Thank and All Best !

Sonan (Mr)

Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was second stay at My Home. In the two weeks I stayed here my family got to know the manager Sonnan (Mr). He is the nicest, friendliest person we have met in Cambodia and genuinely has ambition for My Homes service and staff.

I don't understand the negative reviews people have put on here. My room was under $16 a night for A/C, television, breakfast, free Wi-Fi and pool. You will not get better than that like other people have said. My A/C broke one night, they moved me to another room and it was fixed the next day. My toilet was broken and it was fixed straight away. This is Cambodia and things need maintenance, its a difficult climate, but I never had a problem when I made a request. I left my valuables (including Passport) at reception and they were secure.

The staff are attentive and are always doing there best. The poolside service was excellent and we ate lunch here most days. You cant go wrong with chicken fried rice and the club sandwich was excellent.

I highly recommend My Home as a fantastic place to stay in Siem Reap. We left to travel to Phnom Penh, Kep and Sihanoukville and wished we could have made it back to this hotel for a couple more days.

Thank you Sonnan (Mr) and staff for a memorable stay. We will be back next year.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BellaVistaLakeside
MYHOMEGUESTHOUSE45, Manager at My Home Cambodia, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear BellaVistaLakeside Sydney

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I am really pleased to read that you have enjoyed stay with us in our My Home Tropical Garden Villa. Your comments on the high standard the staff are attentive and are always doing the best. The poolside service was excellent are very much appreciated and I will be sure to share with the team.

Please stay in touch when you are planning your next visit and let us know how we can be of assistance - we are already looking forward to welcoming you will be back soon. Thanks and all best ! Sonan (Mr)