“Terrible dirty place”
Review of My Home Cambodia

My Home Cambodia
Ranked #139 of 331 Specialty Lodging in Siem Reap
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We booked a family room in this place, wich was highly recommended bij Lonely Planet. Dump all you Lonely Planet guidebooks, they are worthless!!
We got a rather small triple room with an extra single bed on wich they put a double matress. Sleep quality was below zero, sheets were not clean at all. We barely got 2 square meters left in the room, witch is not viable with 3 kids!
The walls had all kind of disgusting stains but worst of all was the bathroom: no real shower, the water of the sink just went to the floor, mould allover the walls and the seeling.
OK, it was cheap, but on the same day we arrived we found a great adress via Tripadvisor for only 5$ more per night.
Let's be fair: the swimming pool was OK, although not great and the swimming pool bar was empty. Staff was OK but by Cambodian standards not friendly.

Room Tip: Be certain to have a look in the room and the bathroom before you confirm your stay!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Michael V

Reviewed June 12, 2012

The title says it all, this would be the perfect place to stay if it wasn't for the staff. They were extremely unhelpful and just plain strange. We asked at reception the night before to organise a tuk tuk to take us to the temples for sunrise, we woke at 5am to discover they hadn't organised one, we had to wait over 20 minutes then go out to the street and organise our own trip and just about made it for sunrise. That would have been acceptable and we were willing to give them another chance but then they also didn't book our bus to Phnom Penh either and we had to stand at the desk and witness them ringing the tour company before they actually did it.

The staff also were just very strange and made me very uncomfortable I was on the computer (which have a virus and my emails got hacked- do not use them) and one of the men behind the desk stood beside me and started staring at me, when I turned and looked at him he just said 'oh I thought you were american thats why I'm looking at you' and didn't leave until I said it to him again, I spoke to other people who had the exact same experience.

Overall the experience was really unpleasant and there are plenty of other places you could stay for cheaper that are much nicer.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Claire H
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We had the pleasure of staying here for 5 nights. It is fantastic value and clean. You have everything you need and its a short walk to the centre of town. The staff are fantastic - so helpful and obliging, particularly Mr Sothea. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2012

This place is a true gem.
Pool staff hospitality realy good.
Well Done My Home.
Only disapointment was the food.

Room Tip: Have a look
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We booked this place on the back of a recommendation and were really please. Its a short walk (10m) from the centre of town but is a calm, friendly, and fairly luxurious place for the money. The staff we very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The pool are out back was amazing: private, posh loungers, nice water, a poolside bar serving food (which was really tasty) and drinks (with lounger service!). It was really helpful when one half of the couple has had enough of temples and the other hasn't! Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2012

It was truly a wonderful experience! My friend had stayed here a year ago and suggested me this place.... I contacted Mr. Sothea by email and arranged my booking with him... what I didn´t expect was a Tuk Tuk driver at 10pm with a paper with my name at the local bus station, when the only info I had given them was the name of the bus! So... this is how our 3-day-stay started! And it kept coming better and better! They had arranged our full days: Tuk Tuk for 2 days to visit the temples, pool in the evening to relax, dinner in town, visit the markets... everything was extremely well taken care of! My boyfriend and I couldn´t have been more thankful and happy with the stay! We had a very spacious room, AC, clean toilet, extra comfy beds, wi fi (though it didn´t work very well in the room, but you made two steps into the lobby and it was perfect). And the friendliness and kindness of the staff was outstanding! Seriously, we felt like royalty! (I know I´m exagerating, but it was that good!).
Definitely, THE place to stay in Siem Reap!

Room Tip: I think any room is good....
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We wanted 1 room with 2 double beds but they gave us 2 rooms for no extra cost, free room was very musty, toilets and bathroom were same room very small, smelly and basic. Nice people,pool was ok to cool off but did not look clean, we stayed 2 nights and for the cost was ok but if you are spending any longer go for better hotel if you have children, cheers, Mark

• Stayed: March 2012