All reviews private room working space adventure travel guest activities laundry machines digital nomad washer dryer lotus seeds pub street shower facilities pub crawl female dorm mixed dorm travel desk tour desk daily activities thought of everything
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

It's a hard life, being a tourist, slogging through temples in 35C degree heat, when you're used to freezing at home. Lub d hostel is a fantastic place to recharge your batteries between outings. Our double room had a private bathroom and comfy beds. Lovely a/c. The free breakfasts were far and away better than any other place we've stayed, and the pay as you go menu is also cheap and delicious. The clientele is predominantly 20-30s so with that you get the energy levels and music. We are in our 50-60's, and were perfectly happy. The staff is extremely helpful and can assist you with bookings and tours. The pool is an added bonus.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HMLub_d, Manager at Lub d Cambodia Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Dear Joanie S

Thanks so much for this review - we really appreciate and love hearing that we appeal to all age groups as this is what we want for our Lub d guests. Great to hear you enjoyed our private rooms, our delicious food from the Red Fox and found it refreshing to stay with us.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and for leaving this review.

Safe travels from the Lub d Team

Reviewed March 16, 2019

Landed in SR for a short break & some R&R... My 1st impression was WOW! this is new & trendy in the (almost) great location. Great bar @ the entrance, POOL & reception area all purpose build for the travelers in mind, simple, efficient & fuss free.
Food prices were decent & food served was a good value & taste, well done!
I could rave on & on but i suppose all is seen on this site.
SAM Meta, one of the managers made me feel right @ home with his super Cambodian hospitality, Thank you SAM. I would defined recommend this hostel for it's superb overall value

Date of stay: February 2019

Dear Domi L

Thanks for choosing to stay at Lub d and taking the time to write us this great review. Great to hear you got the "wow" factor and enjoyed the concept, location and everything else about Lub d. Thanks for the special mention for Meta - we agree that he is a special guy who really looks after our guests.

Hope we see you back here again.

Best wishes from the Lub d Team.

Reviewed March 12, 2019 via mobile

Spacious dorm rooms with steps, rather than ladder, to upper bank. Spotlessly clean.Spacious locker-provide own lock. Tour desk is helpful and not overpriced, ask for Khanny if renting a tuk tuk, he was polite, helpful and didn’t drive too fast. Food is very good but not the cheapest, you pay for quality. 100% recommended

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Marmitefan58
HMLub_d, Manager at Lub d Cambodia Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Marmitefan58

Marmite fan - personally i prefer Vegemite but its definitely an acquired taste! haha.
Thanks so much for your review - how great are our dorms steps as opposed to ladders?!! Great to read you noticed and enjoyed the extra thought we have put into our dorms - we are super proud of the details that have gone in to making them as comfortable as possible. We will pass your feedback on to our tour team and also to the lovely smiley Khanny - he is great!.

Thanks again for the review - safe travels from the Lub d Team.

Reviewed March 5, 2019 via mobile

My best hostel experience so far. Clean room, friendly people, nice swimming pool and games area as well good cafe. It’s new concept of hostel experience. Good experience on my 2 days trip in Cambodia

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear setyabmg

Thank you for choosing to stay at Lub d and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. Thank you for the comments about the Lub d hostel concept - we are really proud of what we have achieved and it makes us super proud when guests notice and appreciate it. Great that we are your best hostel experience - that is the feeling we want for all our guests and we hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Safe travels and all the best from all of us at Lub d.

Reviewed March 4, 2019

“Everyone comes as a guest and leaves as a friend.” When I first read this at the reception, I wondered how it’s possible. After staying here for a whole week, I still don’t know how they make it possible.

Here, you have all the basics above and beyond—the beds are bigger than usual bunk beds, too soft to be hostel beds; the towels are changed every day; the facilities are well-maintained; the bathrooms are unisex and clean; the amenities are complete and super easy to use (I’m “blown away” by the hairdryer). An d these are just the basics.

The housekeeping team wowed me. Even though they don’t really speak English, all of them said “hi,” “good morning,” and “have a nice day” to me every time they ran into me on the hallway. The management must have done something right to make the staffs so happy and welcoming.

The F&B team just has too much positive energy and hospitality. Pon, the F&B manager, takes care of all my needs with care and generosity; Meta, at the bar, is fun to chat and hang out with; Salt, in charge of all amazing activities and tours, is sincere and responsible, and he took care of my mom when she’s alone (thanks a lot); Piksa is everywhere, with him there’s always good vibes and fun parties.

I also came across the managements. They would even come with a free beer because he’s “full.” Some of them went out with me on my birthday. I haven’t celebrated my birthday for four years, and they made my 24th birthday one of the most unforgettable.

I’ve stayed in W Hotel, Le Meridien and Shangri-la by luck (not because I’m rich although I wish), and none of the housekeeping team or F&B team can be so sincerely amiable and just …” happy.” The staffs are nice to you not because you pay (honestly you only pay a fingertip to stay ok?). They treat you nice because they see you as a friend (the premise if you see them as your friends as well).

No hotel/ guesthouse/ AirBnB/ hostel has ever touched me so deeply like Lub D Siem Reap. When I go back, which I will, I don’t go back just for Siem Reap, I go back for the hostel. Guys, whenever any of you come to Taiwan, come to me and I’ll show you around. Thank you very much for such a wonderful experience! Vicky

Date of stay: February 2019
HMLub_d, Manager at Lub d Cambodia Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2019

Wow Vicky - just Wow! Thank you so much for this incredible review - it seriously brought huge smiles to all of us here at Lub d. You were an absolute pleasure to have as a guest/friend here and we are so glad you left with such great memories and we cannot wait to welcome you back.

We love all the details you noticed and how many of our teams names you remembered and most of all we love that you will come back, not just for Siem Reap but also for Lub d. And we really hope some of us will make it to Taiwan one day, where we are sure you will show us the same hospitality.

Thanks again Vicky - it really was a pleasure to meet you and it was a pleasure to read this review.

All the best from all your friends at Lub d.