“Kind Of Never Forget The Taste ”

Pou Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #80 of 1,063 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Description: Chef Mengly is now leading a group of talented chefs, branded as Asian Street Food Cambodia (ASFC) in a new restaurant - Pou Restaurant and Bar. The exciting menu has been planned and created by the 15 chefs of ASFC to present unique Khmer food in a friendly and relaxed setting near the vibrant night market in Siem Reap
Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

There are many good restaurants in town for sure but you have to be in this little wooden house with very nice decorations and great Service.
I been to this restaurant few time with friends and family too,I always get the highly taste that make me always want to spend time to relax and get tasty food again and again !

I highly recommend to you , if you ever be or planning to come to Siem Reap don't miss Pou Restaurant and Bar then you will never forget the Taste .

Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

Cambodian cuisine with a fusion twist. Very polite and genuine service. A fantastic unexpected culinary experience that competes with the 5* gourmet temples. This hidden jewel will soon need its guests to make reservations.

Reviewed October 18, 2017

We were looking for a cooking lesson while in Siem Reap and our tour guide suggested we contact a friend of his who has just recently opened his own restaurant and is offering food tours and cooking lessons. We arranged a time and Mengly Mork, otherwise known as Pou, met us at our hotel and transported us to the old market via a Tuk-tuk. We explored the various foreign fruits and vegetables, powders and pastes, and fish both alive and dead, smoked and salted with some sampling and lots of explanations. After that introduction, we walked over the bridge to Pou Restaurant and Bar, where our chef had already prepared all the ingredients for the 3 dishes we were to cook, then enjoy for our lunch. We chopped and pulverized, sliced and stir fried under the careful eye of Pou and his assistant Panha Ly, in an immaculate open air kitchen located above the restaurant. Though primitive looking to us Westerners, it had all the necessary equipment. The dishes we made were right off the menu and were delicious, even our versions! I imagine if made by Pou himself, they would have been even better. We enjoyed a couple of his strong signature cocktails, "Pou Mok", while eating and left as happy and full as two newly fledged Cambodian cooks could be! We made a Smoked Fish and Steamed Pork Skin appetizer, Beef LakLok and Ginger Steamed Pudding and I have a certificate to prove it!! Great fun and super nice people.

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

Pou was recommended to us in a nearby hotel, and really what a great find it was.

Pou serves Khmer food with a twist. Not the standard dishes you'll find everywhere, but original, creative dishes with local ingredients and flavours. Really delicious and beautifully presented. I don't remember to have had better local food in Cambodia.

The setting is nothing fancy, making the surprise for the food even bigger.

The service is very friendly and attentive. The chef and his business partner came out too. I felt really welcome.

The prices are very reasonable, 3 to 5 dollar for a main dish, even less for a starter.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

We had been en-route to Spoons after reading high ratings about the place on TA, but I was hungry and as we walked past Pou I thought it looked cool and the girl at the front had a nice smile, so we decided to forego our original plans and eat dinner here. I am so glad we did!
The menu is incredible; Cambodian food but with a creative twist, very different to the typical dishes that many places in Siem Reap serve. The place is run by some young friends and we chatted to a few of them during the evening- they were all passionate, extremely friendly and with entrepreneurial spirit.
We shared the 'Num Krok with grilled beehive' to start (pan-grilled rice flour and coconut cream dumplings w. A creamy galangal & fermented radish sauce, accompanied with a slice of beehive which had been grilled in a banana leaf). It was unlike anything we had tasted before! The dumplings and sauce were so tasty; the beehive was quite bitter but worked with the dish as a whole.
For main course i ordered the grilled mackerel w. turmeric rice & beetroot dressing, and my partner ordered the Kulen Mountain Sausage with pork belly and tree ants. Both were presented beautifully and had unusual and ambitious flavour combinations. When my partner asked the chef 'why tree ants', his response was considered as he explained their impact on the overall dish.
We were full at this point but couldn't resist the banana cake, soaked in Khmer coffee and topped with a whipped condensed milk. It lasted less than 3 seconds- so so good!!
I would also recommend the Pou Mok cocktail, which takes the flavour inspiration from the popular Fish Amok dish and adds vodka and ice. It was the best cocktail I've had this holiday.
It's only been open for 3 months so there are still some small rough edges, but I wholly recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting to sample a creative take on Cambodian food, maybe looking to try something a bit unusual and have a good chat with some young local people.