“Poolside accommodation”

Central Boutique Angkor Hotel
Ranked #81 of 365 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Great hotel close to the down town area. All well appointed rooms situated around two large swimming pools, with very attractive gardens. Great breakfast and good service and free WI Fi that works. Highly recommended

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

This is not much to look at when you first arrive, but as you go in further it is charming and really clean the two pools and gardens are lovely. The staff were friendly and attentive. The rooms were ideal for what we needed, our four night stay which was our last stop in Cambodia was just right easy distance to the centre or just stay in the hotel and relax.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

You can find cheaper deals, but it's a great bang for your buck!
The staff is just great, very helpful and always willing to help.

The hotel is just different from the rest of the city, very quiet and the pools are certainly a plus.

The breakfast is more than you usually get in Asia, unless you're staying in a fancy place - Some might disagree but for me having eggs cooked as I ask for and a buffet with several types of bread, croissants, french toasts, bacon, oven cooked potatos, fruits, juices, yogurts, cereals, jams, salads, sausages, fried rice, noodles, soup, etc. Is more than enough!

There's also a VERY nice garden, extremely clean and turns this place into a paradise in the middle of a jungle.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This hotel is located down a relatively quiet lane within 15 minutes walk from Pub Street. It seemed like an oasis in the bustle of Siem Reap. The rooms are spacious and comfortable set around two swimming pools and surrounded by tropical gardens abundant with orchids. The room decor was a bit 'tired' but we understood that the hotel would shortly be closed for refurbishment.
The restaurant served a large variety of asian and western dishes but the quality of the lunch and dinner we ate there were not up to the standard of the meals we enjoyed in the town. Breakfast offered a good choice but the fresh tropical fruit was not chilled so didn't stay fresh for long and the bread was a bit rubbery.
The swimming pool was bliss after hard days of sightseeing and staff always friendly and helpful. We used the local tuk-tuks several times and the hotel staff reacted quickly to organise one to take us with all our luggage to the bus station when the bus company's mini bus didn't turn up. I would say here again - it's the ideal spot from which to explore the Temples of Angkor.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aldman64
Reviewed April 11, 2013

First of all, let me tell you that I chose this hotel as my parents stayed here two years ago. I also read some good reviews on TA. My general opinion is OK - the rooms are big and comfortable. For less than 40 US$ per night we got an A/C room with swimming pool and good abundant breakfast. Nothing to complain about the rooms. Unfortunately I do have some complaints about the service. Although I was given a promotion rate (15% off from the regyuar 45US$ price per night) at the end of my stay I had to fight for this discount - the reception forgot about it... I had real difficulties with late check-out. I wanted to stay until 5 or 6 pm and the hotel wanted to charge me 100%, actually depending on who was at the front desk - one day it was 50% and the other 100% of the value of the room. Finally I had to call a manager to verify how they charge it. There are 3 guys at the reception. None of them wears a badge with a name so there is no way for you to know who you're talking to. They are not inclined to give you their names either... Finally we were charged 50% for our late check-out, but from the regular price (45US$) instead the price I actually had... I just didn't want to have another discussion at the front desk. It's a holiday after all, right?
Many small things that live you with a sensation of being stupid westerner that everyone's trying to cheat. As far as I am able to understand it in most of the cases and I don't care if I have to pay a bit more in a country like Cambodia, I got really upset when they were trying to do the same at the hotel. I mean that you have to be really careful when checking the invoice they give you. We needed an hour to clarify the invoice! The room price wasn't ok (they forgot about the promotion), the price of the tuk-tuk driver we hired from the hotel was also for the whole day when we used just half-day twice. The first tuk-tuk driver we hired from the hotel was a real mess. We asked for another, but still we lost two hours with the first driver (he didn't wait for us, but just went to do his business, we were looking for him for 90 mins) and not even a word of appology came out of front desk staff. It was difficult to communicate with one of the guys - his English was really poor. We didn't get a map or the free-of-charge guide. We had to look for it in the city center. It just seemed that the touch the hotel had two years ago when my parents stayed there and came really happy, specially with the attitude of the staff, has just evaporated somewhere...
So unless things improve, I wouldn't recommend this hotel. I guess there are better burgains in a place like Siem Reap.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Through booking.com we got ourselves a great deal, £27 per night for 2 persons with breakfast. Amongst all the chaos of Siem reap we found ourselves in a quiet oasis with this hotel. The staff were so friendly and seemed to work all day keeping the place clean and tidy. The bar price is no more expensive than outside the hotel and they do not add service charge or tax on the bill. The hotel arranged a half day cooking course including pick up and return transport, at 22 usd per person we can recommend this to anyone interested in cooking.
As with most places in the world, the best places to eat are the not so fancy restaurants that have plenty of people in and used by the locals, always good food at a great price. Pub street and the roads around are a great place to have a drink and watch the world go by, many interesting sites and people to be seen.
We also did the temples, opting for the one day ticket, for us that was enough, you can see most of the sites in one day, though if like us you do it in April be prepared to get very hot and sweaty, go early to avoid some of the heat. Also the herding instinct takes over with larger groups, so photo opportunities can become difficult, but still worth a visit.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Martin G
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I really enjoyed this hotel, it was lovely. but it had its problems.
I stayed for 10 nights and ended up moving out to another hotel.

One thing I noticed is that everyone i saw in hotel stayed only a couple of nights. So this may not bother all travellers.

See there is a Traditional Music centre next door or over back, either way they like it loud, and I mean loud. It wouldn't have bothered me for a few hours or perhaps even a day - but it started at 6am and finished at 7pm. Non-stop and you could barely even hear your TV over it.
Now this is ok if you are going to be at temples all day, so if your trip is like most people, a quick visit filled with busy days, then it likely wouldn't matter.

But for me with a long stay - this music was the straw that broke the camels back. It was so loud for 2 days straight I just started to go nuts with it.

And there were other things that I would not complain about but then you know it just starts to add up a bit. Such as electricity never lasted all day, often several blackouts other than the 2 x1 hour scheduled ones for maintenance (on street not at hotel so not there fault), but no generators to assist so often not even cold drinks at hotel or any air/con or tv in room if want to lay down for awhile and escape the heat, the breakkie was always cold and often not refilled within any quick timeframe plus one of the pools was shut as it turned green - the other was working but so was the construction crew and I hear enough angle grinders at my work.
But like I said all these things I took on board and wasn't worried, but then the music was just too much.

You could not fault the staff though and the setting was a real lovely little oasis close to the city

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple