“Cant ask for more!”

Ranked #28 of 344 Hotels in Siem Reap
London, United Kingdom
“Cant ask for more!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This was our first trip to Siem Reap. The temples, in particular Angkor Wat, blew us away. Such an amazing place, wish I had not waited so long to visit Siem Reap. As for the hotel, I chose Anantara after reading a number of reviews. So glad I did! From the start, the staff made us feel very welcome, they were very attentive and it was clear to us that they not only wanted us to enjoy the hotel, but they wanted to help us make the most of our 4 nights stay in Siem Reap. So with their suggestions and local knowledge, we got to experience a lot during our stay; from watching sunrise at Angkor Wat to visiting the local market. We spent most nights in Pub Street as it gave us plenty of restaurants to choose from. Before booking this hotel, I had read reviewers not being entirely happy that Pub Street isnt next to the hotel, however, I actually appreciated the hotel being away from the crowded Pub Street and it’s only several minutes journey by tuk tuk, no biggy. I loved coming back to the hotel in the afternoon after the maddening crowd of the temples and just lazing by the pool. We had a room overlooking the pool, on the ground floor, it was elegant and really cant fault it. I highly recommend this hotel for it’s location, it’s size, but more than anything else the attention and personalised service the staff and management gives their guest. Cant ask for more.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Socrates_Alvaro, General Manager at Anantara Angkor Resort, responded to this review, July 14, 2014

Warm greetings from Anantara Angkor Resort & Spa

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor.

The team and I are delighted to read your exceptional stay experience in Siem Reap and here in the resort.

Indeed. our location is unique in that you are close enough to the hustle and bustle of Pub street with our complimentary tuk tuk yet far away enough to relax particularly after a day of touring.

Our elegant and spacious rooms are indeed exceptional and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our facilities and most of all, the service and Khmer hospitality delivered by our team.

Thank you once again and please feel free to contact me directly for assistance on future visits to Siem Reap

Socrates Alvaro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Mexico City
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I did expect flawless service, impeccable food (it was disgusting at two different occasions) and staff that can understand my requests (some lost luggage papers from the airline weren't returned to me as clearly requested to the staff - they eventually appeared after complaining). We also had issues with housekeeping - the first day it was our fault since we didn't push the request button on the control board, the second day we pushed the button at 4am and went to Angkor Wat and were quite disappointed to see the room wasn't made when we came back around noon for a quick rest. In any case, if it wasn't for the Anantara name I don't think this hotel would make it as a 5* resort and shouldn't command 200-300$ a night price, especially in a country where the average salary is 1$ a day.

4 Thank vincebilodeau
Dear Guests,

Warm greetings from Anantara Angkor Resort & Spa.

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of stay with us and I regret to learn of your disappointing stay with us.

Whilst I know that we normally delivery a much better service, clearly on this occasion we fell short of our usual level of hospitality. I would be much obliged to received detailed feedback on your dining experience

Once again thank you for giving your feedback and my apologies.

Should your journey take you back to Siem Reap, I would be grateful for an opportunity to assist personally with your stay and to have an opportunity to show our usual level of hospitality and to create a better impression and experiene

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Overall, I was disappointed with my stay at Anantara. It promised a lot, but failed to deliver in some significant respects. It wasn't all bad. The hotel itself is beautiful, the welcome mocktail was delicious and the free tuk tuk rides into town and back were appreciated. The biggest issue we had (which really overshadowed our stay) was with the hotel staff trying way too hard (and way too often) to sell us their overpriced services (for example a US $35 transfer from the airport, when the taxi cost around $5) but not delivering on the basics (such as providing room service menus and taking the leftovers from breakfast when making up the room). Would I go back there? Maybe, but given the price I think I will try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Daniel G

Chum Reap Sou

Thank you for your most valuable feedback on your recent stay.

I am very sorry that we were not able to deliver and meet your expectations

I note your comments on the issues you experienced and will address this to do better. Regarding the pricing, I understand the cost of our transfer is significantly more than what is provided at the airport. We will not be able to compete in all honesty with these rates though from personal experience and feedback from our guests, our vehicles will ensure you arrive at the hotel comfortably, with representatives meeting you at the airport and avoid an inconvenient journey.

I will work with my team to improve on the shortcomings highlighted. Should you do plan on a return to Siem Reap, I would kindly request the opportunity to assist personally and would hope to be able to welcome you back for you to have an exceptional stay and more reflective of our hospitality

Once again, your feedback is much appreciated and thank you for taking the time to share your experience

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 1, 2014

From arrival and introduction to the hotel by Peter, to the chat with Olivia about the local area and things to see to the welcome from the GM Socrates, to the attention form all the staff, this property is yet another gem in the Anantara portfolio.
This is my 5th Anantara vacation and they never fail to amaze and satisfy.
They pulled out all the stops on our anniversary night and made it really special.
The property is tastefully decorated, rooms are comfortable and good for a 5/6 day stay. If you want to stay for longer you will probably run out of drawer space though!
The food is exceptional. The attention from the Executive Chef Jeremy was genuine and warm.
I’d recommend Anantara Angkor in a heartbeat to anyone travelling to Siem Reap. Only 15 minutes from the Temples and 10 minutes form the airport.
The only thing we found wrong on the last day was the skin wasn’t peeled off the salami… (Jeremy)! Now that really was me looking for something wrong!!
Well done Socrates and the team. Top Marks 10/10

1 Thank marcoalza
Socrates_Alvaro, General Manager at Anantara Angkor Resort, responded to this review, July 1, 2014

Chum Reap Sou!

Thank you for your warm and generous feedback on trip Advisor.

It was our pleasure to welcome you at Anantara Angkor Resort & spa and that we were able to maintain your expectation of Anantara Hotels & Resorts.

I am really pleased that the team were all able to contribute to your exceptional stay with us

Indeed, I note your disappointment and have spoken to our Chef for having placed a blemish with the salami on the last day

Aside from this, I am proud that we were able to ensure a high level of personal care and attention to our guests was extended

Please fell free to contact me directly for any friends/family wishing to visit our lovely destination and indeed our resort. It will be my pleasure to personally assist with their requirements

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Made a last minute decision to visit Siem Reap and a getaway from busy city life. I am very glad to have chosen to come and stay with Anantara. Very relaxing and top snotch personalized service right from the beginning of checking-in, orientation to the room by personal butler, greeted by all staff, spa, facial and room service.

Our best experience was the delivery of morning breakfast. Simply awesome.

As it was also our wedding anniversary, we were pampered by surprise room decoration, chocolate, champagne and flower foam bath.

Of course some communication issues with staff with different language but generally everything went well.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wluek

Chum Reap Sou!

Warn greetings form Anantara Angkor Resort & Spa

Thank you for taking the time to share the experience of your stay here on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the personalized service provided by our resort team. As a small property of 39 elegant and spacious rooms, our focus is on creating memorable and personalized experience to our guests

Your comments will be shared with our team and will give us further drive to do even better

Thank you once again and warm wishes from me and the resort team

Kind regards

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stayed for 6 days at this amazing resort and was totally blown away by the wonderful and sincere hospitality right from the GM, Socrates all the way down to the tuk tuk driver of the hotel. Everything was done to perfection right down to the minutest of details. This was truly a 6 star treatment given by staff with kindness and sincerity. It says a lot about the culture of the establishment and the leadership behind this amazing boutique hotel. The only downside I can fault is the limited F&B variety offered. On the flip side, this probably allowed us to venture into town and the opportunity to try all the wonderful recommended eateries. A delightful gastronomical taste adventure of Khmer and fusion gourmet fare. A huge thank you to Socrates for the recommendations (Cuisen Wat Damnak, AHA, Sugarpalm) and to Olivia and Peter for making our stay a perfect 10!
Regards
Leslie Ong

Room Tip: If possible request for a room on the upper floors.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Les317
Dear Mr. Ong,

Warm greetings from Anantara Angkor Resort & Spa.

I am delighted and grateful for the wonderful comments you wrote on Trip Advisor

It sincerely is our pleasure to have hosted you here in Siem Reap and pleased that you chose our tranquil resort for your visit to the Kingdom of Wonders.

Your kind feedback and recognition of our associates and service provided are very much welcomed and will be shared with our team

I am very proud to have been able to contribute to your memorable stay here in Cambodia

If ever your journey takes you back to Siem Reap or that you have friends or family visiting, please do contact me direct and it will be my pleasure to assist

On behalf of the resort team and I, thank you for your gracious comments once again

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We stayed here with the intention of having a nice place to stay and having things close to us. The hotel was immaculate and the rooms were great too - I can not fault it there.

I do have to issues with the hotel though, the first being the location. It is about 3km from the main area in Siem Reap, which meant that it was annoying that we couldn't walk down a few blocks to have a drink at a bar. So if you like to arrive at the hotel and stay put, this isn't a problem, but if you are like us and want to enjoy the town this location isn't the best.

The other issue I had with this hotel was that the staff constantly tried to sell us their tours of the Angkor temples, their food in the restaurant, the spa etc. After two or three "sales pitches" this got really annoying.

If you like spending most of your time in a hotel, this is great. If you like to explore the area and walk around, stay somewhere closer to the centre of Siem Reap.

Room Tip: The deluxe room is the best value
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Socrates_Alvaro, General Manager at Anantara Angkor Resort, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor and for your lovely comments

I am delighted that you enjoyed our beautiful rooms and your stay in the hotel overall.

Regarding the location of our resort, whilst not being in the centre of the hustle and bustle, we are close enough to be there within 10 minutes by our complimentary Tuk Tuk.

I note your feedback on the promotion of activities of the services the hotel offers and we will ensure that we promote our service without being intrusive.

Your feedback is most appreciated and will be shared with the team. Thank you once again and for choosing our resort

if I could be of further assistance for future visit or should you have friends or family visiting please feel free to contact me directly