I stayed at Sonalong for two weeks in May and really enjoyed it. The bungalows are a ten minute walk to pub street or a few minutes by bicycle. The concrete bungalows have a colonial feel with a traditional Khmer style roof. The rooms are spacious with comfortable beds and linens and a lovely veranda at the entrance of each bungalow. I had to do loads of work while I was there and the wifi worked well from my bungalow. If you plan on using wifi it may be a good idea to ask for a room nearest the entrance to the property. The rooms are kept very clean, but they are brand new so one should expect them to be clean. The bathrooms are spacious, but simple Asian style. I spend loads of time in Bangkok and larger Asian cities so I really appreciated the garden. It was nice to take a coffee on the veranda listening to birds sing and watching butterflies flutter around.
The bungalows have a top floor and a bottom floor. I had a bottom floor bungalow. With all the traveling I do I can't tell you how nice it is to not spend fifteen minutes every day waiting for lifts and walking through hallways or up flights of stairs to go to a hotel room. The layout of the bungalows and the well trained staff made it feel like I was returning home every evening rather than returning to a hotel. The pool was being installed when i stayed there and I was told it would be open in June 09'.
The staff are all lovely and helpful and even the gardener remembered my name and said hello to me by name every day.
If you get a chance hop on a bicycle and cycle southbound along the Siem Reap river. The bungalows are just a ten minute cycle to Cambodian villages where the life has not changed much in the past thousand years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Run by a friendly khmer manager who speaks excellent English, Sonalong Village is situated in a quiet area within walking distance of the main shops, restaurants and Old Market area in Siem Reap and just 15 minutes drive from the International Airport and the Ankor Temple complex. Surrounded by beautiful flowery tropical gardens there are 8 double and 8 twin rooms, each with free Wifi, shower, A/C, ceiling fans, mini bar and private balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sonalong Boutique Village & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonalong Boutique Village And Resort
- Sonalong Boutique Village Hotel Siem Reap